Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This may be a little odd, but we kind of saw a facsimile of this election in the Ghostbusters film. You had an entire group of people shouting that those who objected to the film were misogynists (which yeah, some certainly were) and then when the film came out nobody wanted to see it. Turns out insulting large swaths of people doesn't make them suddenly like your candidate!

Now that Shillary has lost, what is the Left doing? Blaming the whites. That'll show them the error of their ways!
    230 million dollars were raked in by Ghostbusters in light of the controversy. Hardly 'nobody went to see it'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Thrust View Post
    The current left really missed the warning signs. The Alt Left is as toxic as the Alt Right.
    I am a Liberal and I really want the so called SJWs to go away, the same way that normal conservatives wanted the Tea Party to disappear.
    Damn those people and their demands for equal rights! If only they weren't so obnoxious, right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    230 million dollars were raked in by Ghostbusters in light of the controversy. Hardly 'nobody went to see it'.
    230 million isn't that much TBH for a blockbuster worldwide.

Incredible Member

Not enough for Sony to greenlight a sequel sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    This may be a little odd, but we kind of saw a facsimile of this election in the Ghostbusters film. You had an entire group of people shouting that those who objected to the film were misogynists (which yeah, some certainly were) and then when the film came out nobody wanted to see it. Turns out insulting large swaths of people doesn't make them suddenly like your candidate!

Now that Shillary has lost, what is the Left doing? Blaming the whites. That'll show them the error of their ways!
    You mean like how Trump insulted the American Constitution, women, Democrats, Republicans, our minorities, our veterans, the physically/mentally disabled, and America itself throughout the campaign?

Yeah, you just keep pretending the double standard doesn't exist.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    There are a lot of reasons. First the base wasn't excited for Hillary so lowered voter turnout. Second, the DNC has been ignoring blue collared workers for the past 20 years and taking them for granted with there life getting worse each year, third the populist movement that is sweeping the world and fourth the trend of shaming people for there vote led to people lying on polls which gave a false sense of security which lead to a crappy ground game.
    To be blunt I think Trump talked their language and they must have found his lack of knowledge or experience for the presidency comforting in some way. He knew how to tell the Big Lie and make it work.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Hiliary really really lost white woman too

Trump beat Clinton among white women 53 percent to 43 percent.
    Yeah, I am disappointed with that and I would not doubt a lot of them are like my sister in law. A church going woman who is very pro 2nd amendment and anti Roe v Wade. She gets her sermon every week and Faux news every night. They believe the lie that the Dems were going to abolish the 2nd ammendment. How ignorant is that? I was around for the attempt to add the Equal Rights amendment and how it had to go state by state for ratification....and failed. The process to change or repeal an amendment ain't all that easy either. The only amendment to be repealed was the 18th and that was the one that banned the sale and manufacture of alcoholic beverages. The second amendment isn't going away.

230 million isn't that much TBH for a blockbuster worldwide.
    But a far cry from 'nobody'.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

What I'm expecting:

- Katrina Pierson "History" from our White House
    - A first lady with the attention span of a bug
    - Obama Care shot down
    - Tighter Restrictions on Abortion
    - A homophobe VP
    - David Duke busting a nut

What I am definitely not expecting

- That magical wall built by Mexico?
    - Hilary isn't getting arrested nor is there a 'special prosecutor"
    - Respect from other countries
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 11-09-2016 at 08:57 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    You mean like how Trump insulted the American Constitution, women, Democrats, Republicans, our minorities, our veterans, the physically/mentally disabled, and America itself throughout the campaign?

He isn't talking about the deplorable comment but the attitude of most Hillary voters.

They came off as condescending and smug and annoying. On top of that, they had the grave viewpoint to label anyone that didn't agree with them as misogynists/racists/xenophobes.

People voted on the economy where he won.

As someone said this election proves a man will be forgiven anything and a woman will be forgiven nothing.

He isn't talking about the deplorable comment but the attitude of most Hillary voters.

They came off as condescending and smug and annoying. On top of that, they had the grave viewpoint to label anyone that didn't agree with them as misogynists/racists/xenophobes.

People voted on the economy where he won.
    Naw. They're just /okay/ with all of that. That makes each and every person okay with it as bad as he is. Watch for the increased violence towards minorities in coming days, too. They've been given permission.

BANNED

Naw. They're just /okay/ with all of that. That makes each and every person okay with it as bad as he is. Watch for the increased violence towards minorities in coming days, too. They've been given permission.
    Oh I know that is coming from that group.

But in the end, the average voter is going to vote for their self interest. Nothing more, nothing less.

BANNED

Damn those people and their demands for equal rights! If only they weren't so obnoxious, right?
    Nope, damn those people and their demands to undermine whites, give themselves special treatment and positive action instead of achieving success by their own merits, damn these people that are quickly to call you racist and Hitler only because you have different opinions than them...
    The far left became the very monsters and extremists they're trying to fight, their intentions may have been good at the beggining but their new methods paved the road to trump victory...

Now regarding the alt right... Be wary of them, they are more dangerous than they seem, not because their ideas but because their ability to impact reality

BANNED

Don't hand me that plate of happy horseshit. The majority of SJWs are rich, white priviliged college students who treat minorities as pets, and are so worried about thought policing and perceived slights in entertainment, that they cant see that regular people dont fucking care. Dont like Hillary? You must hate women. People get tired of being told they are pieces of shit for simply having moderate views. Hey, sorry if I refuse to use a fucking made up pronoun. Grow up.
    But, yeah, go on and put words in my mouth, slick. Next time, could you put some salt and pepper on them first?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

Clinton called half of the country DEPLORABLES! Now that's an horrible mistake