Page 331 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 2312813213273283293303313323333343353413814318311331 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    So an instance or three of past officers doing something wrong automatically means that all officers are currently doing wrong and will do wrong in the future. Can you say profiling? Your statement is as assanine as it is if someone says that because some blacks do drugs that all blacks must do drugs.
    No it meassn that the department condones criminal behavior and purjury so is not a credible source on this matter. And it does say something about the people that choose to work within a corrupt organization.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    Wait, unfamiliar with that site. Has this been confirmed? I see an article on Daily Kos but if true this seems like a huge, front page Huffpo type of deal.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Officers shoot until someone stops. Four shots hit Brown's arm which isn't going to stop anything.

You also have either have no experience or next to no experience with guns or you wouldn't think something silly like six shots is unloading a clip. Depending on the type of gun and caliber of bullet the clip would have anywhere from 8 to 17 rounds in it. I own two handguns, both are Glocks, and one has a 17 rd clip and the other has an eight round clip. Cops tend to carry magazines with higher ammo capacity, like the 17 rd one I have. In fact for a while during the Clinton years a clip that size was only available to law enforcement but that law expired during the Bush years.

Witness statements are in fact the least reliable kind of evidence there is. You can find any number of studies and links at this link telling you this. https://www.google.com/#q=reliabilit...ess+statements

Exactly what signs of a struggle would you expect the autopsy to show. Wilson's account is that he was punched in the face and current reports are that he apparently suffered a broken orbital bone from it. The only thing Wilson did to Brown is shoot him. So the only thing an autopsy is going to do is confirm the number of times he was shot and where he was shot. There is a potential for injuries to Brown's hand from the punch but its not guaranteed. Maybe you've never been in a fight or punched something but I've done both and had no injury to my hand. So the autopsy proves nothing either way about Wilson's story except that Wilson did indeed shoot Brown which isn't in dispute. The autopsy though did prove some witnesses were either lying or misremembering things because it showed Brown was never shot in the back as some claimed.

What may help prove some of Wilson's story is whether there is gunpowder residue on Brown's clothing as that would help verify that the gun did indeed go off in a struggle for the gun. That however is done by forensic labs apart from the autopsy and those results aren't in yet.
    the orbital fracture is just another Brietbart lie, and a completely unsubstantiated one at that. There is a LOT of video of hm after the incident and none of it shows any evidence of any facial injury, much less one that severely painful. He showed no signs of injury, was not taken to medical care, ws not treated at the scene and no concern was shown at the scene. . You don't get hit hard to break facial bones and not show any signs of it,

Have you noticed that news is only on sites that openly don't give a damn about honesty? I can understand believing a lie, that happens to all of us. But why do you believe such blatantly stupid lies? Brietbart makes the Onion look like true joournalism

BANNED

a Breitbart reporter even got arrested down there and they still are backing the PD

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Wait, unfamiliar with that site. Has this been confirmed? I see an article on Daily Kos but if true this seems like a huge, front page Huffpo type of deal.
    Yeah, I'm seeing it a couple places, but none of the major networks are covering it yet. The sources seem to say it's not 100% verified yet.

I guess everyone in the media was too busy covering the police brutality on the protesters to interview the people at the store?
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    a Breitbart reporter even got arrested down there and they still are backing the PD
    It's Brietbart; they will take their lumps as long as the cops keeping thumping on black people.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Yeah, I'm seeing it a couple places, but none of the major networks are covering it yet. The sources seem to say it's not 100% verified yet.

I guess everyone in the media was too busy covering the police brutality on the protesters to interview the people at the store?
    The first time that I saw it was on a local fox news website. http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/store-...ance-released/

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    The first time that I saw it was on a local fox news website. http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/store-...ance-released/
    Mighty nice of the cops to make the store seem like they were helping with the victim-blaming, and leave them hanging.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darrell D. View Post
    That begs the question why his friend Johnson reportedly said they were part of it then.

I wanna be your lover... emac1790's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    That begs the question why his friend Johnson reportedly said they were part of it then.
    The same reason those kids admitted to raping that woman in Central Park when they didn't. Police pressure.
    What U putting in your nose?
    Is that where all your money goes (Is that where your money goes)
    The river of addiction flows
    U think it's hot, but there won't be no water
    When the fire blows

First they came for the mutants, and I said nothing. Then they came for the chickens, and still I said nothing... -cyberhubbs

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by emac1790 View Post
    The same reason those kids admitted to raping that woman in Central Park when they didn't. Police pressure.
    That's possible. But this kid was already saddled up with lawyer. And I don't even think charges have been brought to him. Someone else can probably confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    And that question is irrelevant in the shooting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    And that question is irrelevant in the shooting.
    No it's absolutely not. ALL facts are relevant and will be used when/if this officer is tried. And you never know which will have a major impact on the case. The robbery is a crime of moral turpitude. Those are things that very often influence juries when they are deciding which witnesses to believe. One of the star witnesses reportedly admitted to it.

Everything is relevant, it's only not relevant when it doesn't fit certain people's narratives. Which is usually how things go. Cases don't happen in vacuums.

BANNED

grand jury will be convened today, the officer will be given a chance to testify, which is highly unusual

and more and more calls for Bob McCullough to recuse himself, which considering his background, is probably the best idea

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    grand jury will be convened today, the officer will be given a chance to testify, which is highly unusual

and more and more calls for Bob McCullough to recuse himself, which considering his background, is probably the best idea
    Also Eric Holder's going down there today.