Page 334 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 2342843243303313323333343353363373383443844348341334 ... LastLast
Results 4,996 to 5,010 of 104733
    BANNED

Incident report has not been released yet, which is in violation of Missouris sunshine laws I think

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    What has Michael Brown's character got to do with this case? Does his drug use attract bullets or something?
    It's not just Brown but for argument's sake.

Let's say a prosecutor wants to say "Michael Brown isn't a violent kid, he's always been described a gentle person, he never would attack a cop". A defense attorney might want to say "well here's a video of him robbing a store and pushing around a clerk a couple of hours before he allegedly attacked a cop".

As far as Johnson goes, who was involved in that store incident, it could be used to discredit him.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post

Let's say a prosecutor wants to say "Michael Brown isn't a violent kid, he's always been described a gentle person, he never would attack a cop". A defense attorney might want to say "well here's a video of him robbing a store and pushing around a clerk a couple of hours before he allegedly attacked a cop".
    Whether he attacked a cop is irrelevant, you don't shoot an unarmed teen with their hands up 6 times.

As far as Johnson goes, who was involved in that store incident, it could be used to discredit him.
    Good thing there are other witnesses with matching stories.

BANNED

If one good thing comes out of this, it's that the black experience becomes more obvious to those who'd previously been willfully ignorant about it - like Don Lemon:

CNN host Don Lemon, who has spent recent days reporting from Ferguson, recalled on Tuesday that a member of the National Guard had called protesters the n-word.

During a CNN town hall event about the racial divide in the U.S., an African-American member of the audience asked what safeguards could be put in place to prevent officers from overreacting when dealing with black men.

The Black Sphere’s Kevin Jackson noted that putting body cameras on officers changed the dynamic in police stops.

“If there’s a camera, he knows he’s got to check himself,” Jackson explained. “And if you know an officer has a camera, you also have to check yourself.”

Lemon pointed out that body cameras could also make a certain “type of person” think twice before going into law enforcement in the first place.

“I’m just going to be honest with you,” Lemon recalled. “Last night, one of my producers said that they — I won’t say if it’s a he or a she because I don’t want to give anyone a way — said that they came in contact with one of the members of the National Guard. And that they said, ‘You want to get out of here because you’re white. Because these n-words, you know, you never know what they’re going to do.’”

“True story. I kid you not,” the CNN host lamented. “2014, a member of the National Guard, and my producer doesn’t lie.”
    http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/2...e-going-to-do/

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    If one good thing comes out of this, it's that the black experience becomes more obvious to those who'd previously been willfully ignorant about it - like Don Lemon:

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/2...e-going-to-do/

LOL, true. For Don Lemon, Ferguson might be his Paul Mooney style wake up call (it has another name, but CBR rules and all that)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mastermind View Post
    Whether he attacked a cop is irrelevant, you don't shoot an unarmed teen with their hands up 6 times.

Good thing there are other witnesses with matching stories.
    1. The attack isn't irrelevant. Once he did that the cop was justified in bringing a gun out. Assuming an attack happened. The unarmed part actually means really nothing, a cop can kill an unarmed man justifiably according to the law. After that it initially comes down to what was the nature of the shooting, how soon did he get his hands up, how fast were the shots fired, and could it be reasonable to assume the officer could reasonably assess the situation to be justifiable within the standards of the law.

2. Now if for arguments sake, if an attack didn't happen, the case is done right there. It doesn't matter.

3. The most relevant thing Johnson can speak to, that the other's can't is whether or not he attacked the officer. The other witnesses just said "I saw a struggle".

4. Also there is the yet to be determined instance of that supposed other witness who allegedly said he saw Brown going forward, who hasn't been approached by the media yet. Who also may just be bs, but that's out there as well.

So you're assuming that the prosecutor is an idiot that doesn't realize that Mike Brown isn't the one on trial.....

Mike Brown's character isn't an issue because the trial would be weather or not Darren Wilson unlawfully executed someone who was surrendering.

It doesn't matter if the person is thief, violent, a rapist, a terrorist, or a damn cannibal....Once someone puts their hands in the air and surrenders if you kill them you've committed a murder.

This is also why what happened at the car isn't relevant no matter how much you attempt to make it so.

It doesn't matter WHAT happened before, as soon as someone throws their hands up in surrender, there's no justification for firing on that person.

BANNED

conspiracy theory time

I think there is a rogue element in the coordinated police efforts to incite protesters and give them an excuse to do something

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper Cole View Post
    So you're assuming that the prosecutor is an idiot that doesn't realize that Mike Brown isn't the one on trial.....

Mike Brown's character isn't an issue because the trial would be weather or not Darren Wilson unlawfully executed someone who was surrendering.

It doesn't matter if the person is thief, violent, a rapist, a terrorist, or a damn cannibal....Once someone puts their hands in the air and surrenders if you kill them you've committed a murder.

This is also why what happened at the car isn't relevant no matter how much you attempt to make it so.

It doesn't matter WHAT happened before, as soon as someone throws their hands up in surrender, there's no justification for firing on that person.
    See this is why I don't think you understand how criminal trials work, because trials do tend to come down too the details that you keep saying don't matter. And it happens quite often actually. Character witnesses are a thing. The attack matter's because cops can bring out their gun once that happens and start firing. It all matters, it's really in the details.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    conspiracy theory time

I think there is a rogue element in the coordinated police efforts to incite protesters and give them an excuse to do something
    I'm still surprised the police are the one's in charge of maintaining order here.

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    I'd like to point out that nowhere in the video shot from the apartment building across from the crime scene do we see officer Darren Wilson touching his face as if in pain, nor do we see the other officer checking out his eye. All they do is pace and look at the dead body in the street.
    That's part of why I thought that the injury report was weird. That and if he really did get such an injury you'd think the police would be quick to mention it.

BANNED

I'm still surprised the police are the one's in charge of maintaining order here.
    I think its only because nothing grave has happened yet, if a protester gets gunned down (and I can see that happening, sadly) then it's going to get escalated real quick

BANNED

Journalists arrested in Ferguson, MO to date

https://pressfreedomfoundation.org/b...lists-ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    I was wondering about that. Folks on other parts of the internet keep bringing it up but I have yet to see an official source.
    The "Official" source on this is a pathological internet troll, who would need help to gt his IQ up to the room temperature in an igloo. He doesn't have the well earned title of "Dumbest man on the internet" for nothing

Why would anyone same admit to using him as a source unless they thought lying served their goal?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vibranium View Post
    I think its only because nothing grave has happened yet, if a protester gets gunned down (and I can see that happening, sadly) then it's going to get escalated real quick
    Honestly after the first couple of nights with all the controversy and the arresting of journalists they should have just gave the national guard complete authority there over the cops.