BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    That's just not true.
    then why is Trumps cabinet filled with homophobes?

why is a national "religious freedom bill" being held until Trump is in office to go before the Senate?

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    There is a reason why the american school system is always critize by people around the world.
    Because you keep defunding it.
    Better buy another Tank with the money.

That's just not true. "Magic Man in the sky." That sounds childish. Women don't have any right to kill their child. Marriage is a religious institutions that the government should stay out of. I have no problem with minorities. The problem is that you don't really know me, so you don't get to label me as a bigot.
    Once again, marriage is older than most religions and may be older than recorded history.
    So, basically, that's absolutely wrong.
    That every government and every religion has traditions for marriage is a testament to the depth of history that the tradition has been pulled from, not an indicator that any one way is right.

EDIT: Also, the Bible puts very little value on the unborn. Or even newborns. But that's probably because of how absurdly high the death rate was back then, so I hesitate to mention it.
    Last edited by JCAll; 12-26-2016 at 04:38 PM.

BANNED

"Marriage" was originally borne as a transfer of property between families

and as for women and pregnancy, if you don't have a uterus, you don't get a decision on it

Marriage also has many legal and social conventions. it changes how society treats those involved, partners and children. To say government should stay out is ludicrous, it is a construct formed by government, not religion.

It's not the church that gives me a marriage tax break, or decides who my estate should go to, or who I can marry, and thank God for that.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 12-26-2016 at 04:45 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Get off your high horse. What a wonderful proclamation to make at Christmas Time. This proves to me you're a hypocrite that thinks only the right owns the right to be called Christians. Your kind of Christian probably would have liked the Inquisition had you been around.
    Considering the Inquisition just officially ended in the 60's it's close.
    I mean Religious folks have been using their beliefs as weapons, once they found out it could be weaponized.
    Don't like that woman? Call her a witch.
    Hate people of different races? Say God said their punishment for their lot stems from their skin color.
    Need an army? Ban Abortions.
    It goes on and on.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I remember when Snopes's biggest job was fact checking urban legends, now they've grown into a cornerstone of American politics. That American politics has about the same trustworthiness of a chain letter about exploding toilets really speaks to how in the shitter the whole process is.
    It's funny how prominent Snopes and the onion have become. Both for equally valid reasons.
    MSM, needs to learn how it should be done.

BANNED

'Fake News' once meant satire sites like the Onion and so on

now it gets thrown around to mean "news you don't agree with"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    'Fake News' once meant satire sites like the Onion and so on

now it gets thrown around to mean "news you don't agree with"
    Especially by Conservatives/Republicans who are weaponizing it as a propaganda tool. It's almost funny how something happens and if the public react negatively about it the Conservatives then cry 'Fake News' it never happened. If the Public has positive things to say about it, they say nothing or embrace it.

Pretty much what Trump did during the election.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I need someone to help me understand this, because I can't.

The first is a case of ignoring what faction of the Democratic party fled after the 60s, and where.

The second is swallowing an ongoing slander against Planned Parenthood (never mind DuBois and King happily working with her).

Those alone wrecks his argument. 'Uncle Tom' is an insult I hate. Imbecile is more accurate.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Considering the Inquisition just officially ended in the 60's it's close.
    I mean Religious folks have been using their beliefs as weapons, once they found out it could be weaponized.
    Don't like that woman? Call her a witch.
    Hate people of different races? Say God said their punishment for their lot stems from their skin color.
    Need an army? Ban Abortions.
    It goes on and on.
    It also doesn't help that few religions treat women the same as the men. Many faiths don't allow women in a position of authority.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Relax. What I said was correct and wasn't meant to offend anyone. But, if it makes you feel better to hurl insults at me on Christmas day, then by all means, knock yourself out.

Attachment 43028
    You've obviously made up your mind about me, but my intent wasn't to bully. And no, I wasn't joking. I was merely pointing out the truth. I'm sorry that the truth offends you.
    See my above answer. Conservatives tend to embrace the status quo on religion, as in the case with the subservient role of women in many churches. Oh, they'll let you organize the bake sale or you volunteer to clean the church but the head of the congregation must be a male in most cases. This is why progressives or us infamous "liberals" (saying in the blubbering way El Rushbo does) don't "warm up" to religion.

It's very interesting. I say something true, and when people call me a biggot, I back up what I said with proof. It's common knowledge that Republicans are generally more religious than Democrats. Honestly, what is there to get offended about?
    There's a big part you are leaving out of this situation which is also common knowledge - Many conservatives profess to be religious yet consistently do things that undercut many teachings of Christ (Cut food/benefits for the poor & needy, Judge lots lest they be Judged, etc) and profess to be for Family Values while cheating on their wives and occasionally asking their mistresses to get the abortions they claim to oppose on all grounds and/or sleeping with the young gay men they villify.

So claiming that one side is better by being more religious (Don't deny that intent) is demonstrably false and leaving out the constant scandals by hypocritical people who dub themselves pious christians when they are using it to con the masses to vote for them much like Trump has used hate this election isn't saying something true.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    The first is a case of ignoring what faction of the Democratic party fled after the 60s, and where.

The second is swallowing an ongoing slander against Planned Parenthood (never mind DuBois and King happily working with her).

Those alone wrecks his argument. 'Uncle Tom' is an insult I hate. Imbecile is more accurate.
    No no, I think this is important. He's a Conservative because he has a loose grasp of political history, absorbs propaganda through memes instead of factchecking, and already "got mine". I agree with the "Uncle Tom" thing though. Name calling doesn't help anything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    No no, I think this is important. He's a Conservative because he has a loose grasp of political history, absorbs propaganda through memes instead of factchecking, and already "got mine". I agree with the "Uncle Tom" thing though. Name calling doesn't help anything.
    Im going to call Trump supporters RACISTS SEXISTS AND HOMOPHOBES

because that is exactly what they are