Quote Originally Posted by Shining Trapezohedron View Post
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...semitic-jokes/

If you don't understand how Normalization of Anti-semitism, White Supremacy, and attacking on Minorities could cause issues, you're not paying attention.

Your constant attempts to play this kind of thing down are growing tiredsome, seriously.

Not once I've seen you defend the victims of this shit.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Great book. Different from most Vonnegut. Everyone should read it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    I think Kellyanne's tricks worked on the campaign trail, but don't work now that Trump is in power, because now she has to defend policy positions and government screw ups and she can't use Hillary Clinton to deflect anymore. She is in over her head.
    The reasons her tricks worked then was that the media were desperate to play "both sides" for ratings, because Hillary appeared to be such a sure-in and Trump such an unelectable candidate.
    Script has changed.

BANNED

Oops, Paul Ryan said Trum asked for Flynn to step down, while Trump said Flynn did it without pressure...
    They need to communicate with each other directly, not via the Kremlin, then those things won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    According to this recent study https://apps.fas.usda.gov/psdonline/...production.pdf Brazil doesnt even produce the most corn in South America, Argentina produce more than them, also I didnt take in consideration the Mexican workers in American farms it would be a big blow to the poor/middle class families in Mexico and the prices for corn made products would increase, Mexico would be shooting itself in the foot.

There another way instead of focusing in South America countries Mexico could focus on increasing the imports of corn from Guatemala, Honduras and Salvador, while these countries do not produce the same amount of corn as the US is the transportation and shortage is cheaper, it would be a smaller blow to the Mexican economy and Mexican workers could go there instead, of course this is far from a perfect solution but at least it shows that Mexico could sustain themselves in the short term IF possible, as mentioned before Mexico is suffering from a raise of Oil and electricity and both of these have caused massive riots in some Mexican cities, the raise of corn made products would be to dangerous and risky for the current Mexican government of Peńa Nieto.
    The study actually shows that projected corn production this year for Brazil to be 86.5 million tons where as Argentina is only 36.5 million (page 15) compared to the US's 384 million. China is technically #2 but they do not export any corn and actually import some (most 70% going to feed live stock). Those other South/Central American countries don't even make the top 25 in corn production and mainly only use their corn production for domestic the corn production would have to be greatly increased form them to even thing about mass exports but there land cannot produce that much anyway. And the workers in those countries are paid very little I do not see Mexican worker going there and sending money home. Working in the Energy industry I've learned great deal about corn, Mexico really has no choice but to buy corn from the US.
    Last edited by Moon Ronin; 02-14-2017 at 09:39 AM.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    The study actually shows that projected corn production this year for Brazil to be 86.5 million tons where as Argentina is only 36.5 million (page 15) compared to the US's 384 million. China is technically #2 but they do not export any corn and actually import some (most 70% going to feed live stock). Those other South American countries don't even make the top 25 in corn production and mainly only use their corn production for domestic the corn production would have to be greatly increased form them to even thing about mass exports but there land cannot produce that much anyway. And the workers in those countries are paid very little I do not see Mexican worker going there and sending money home. Working in the Energy industry I've learned great deal about corn, Mexico really has no choice but to buy corn from the US.
    Hmm thank you for pointing out page 15 for me, i will save this document for study later, really interesting and helpful has been your point of view on this subject man, thank you for informing us.

As for Mexico, it seem they are hostage to the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be."

Great book. Different from most Vonnegut. Everyone should read it.
    100% agreed. Mother Night is one of my favorite works.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    Its traded as a commodity (such as oil, cotton, and coffee). The US is the highest producer of corn in the world and is responsible for almost half of corn exports in the world. Basically the US is the Saudi Arabia of corn. Being the largest producer and exporter the US basically sets the price of corn. Also to point out that Brazil the second higher producer of corn does not even produce a third of what the US does will not be able to keep up with the demand which can drive the price up further for Mexico.

The Irony of it, IF (and that is a big if) Mexico causes a slow down in production of corn the prices will go up. Also 75% of farm workers are Mexican born so a slow down would also put a lot of them out of work. Many of those farm workers send money back to their families in Mexico, removing money from the Mexican economy (it is estimated that Mexican workers send over 23 billion $$ to Mexico from the US) . For Mexico to not buy corn from the US will hurt it's economy more than the US economy as the US will widen its market shares to the countries that will be left out when countries like Brazil try to keep up with Mexican demand.
    Well, they want to deport illegals, legals and either tax or appropriate the money sent to Mexico, so it's going to be a hit either way.

Hmm thank you for pointing out page 15 for me, i will save this document for study later, really interesting and helpful has been your point of view on this subject man, thank you for informing us.

As for Mexico, it seem they are hostage to the United States.
    Lots of things can change in 3 years and 10 months. We need to stop being so dependent on the USA and Trump just gave us a swift kick in the butt to start. He is going to fuck over our people there with the remittances and the wall and the deportations? Fine, we take massive hits, but we look elsewhere. I seem to recall that in the 80's, we could have bought better corn from other countries, but it was stopped by government officials because things were already tight with the USA.

And, if Trumps keeps kicking us, we will do anything just to spite him. When National pride is at stake, we unite.

BANNED

Top Republican Senator Breaks With Party, Calls For Full ‘Exhaustive’ Investigation Of Trump-Russia Ties -

Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) called for an exhaustive investigation into the ties between Russia and the Trump administration on Tuesday.

“I think everybody needs that investigation to happen,” Blunt told KTRS radio, CNN reported.
    Not everybody has the same tolerance for corruption and treason as Ryan and McConnell, it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Well, they want to deport illegals, legals and either tax or appropriate the money sent to Mexico, so it's going to be a hit either way.
    I'm still really sure that's not legal and can't believe it was ever seriously suggested in the first place.
    It's like appropriating the money mailed with birthday cards. It makes no sense. We elected an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I'm still really sure that's not legal and can't believe it was ever seriously suggested in the first place.
    It's like appropriating the money mailed with birthday cards. It makes no sense. We elected an idiot.
    Agreed, but this administration is not big on limits, ethics, adequate vetting or even conducting international responses in rooms without lookie loos.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Top Republican Senator Breaks With Party, Calls For Full ‘Exhaustive’ Investigation Of Trump-Russia Ties -

Not everybody has the same tolerance for corruption and treason as Ryan and McConnell, it appears.
    Wow, Missouri is certainly being proactive these days. First we took out a Klan Leader now we're going after the president.
    Of course, I'm pretty sure Roy Blunt has voted straight Trump on everything since the election, but baby steps.

BANNED

Let me ask you did Mel Brooks normalize nazis with this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCUfkMkVbwo
    Yes, yes he unintentionally absolutely did.

In retrospect, mocking the nazis and turning them into cartoons without menace has not turned out to be the best of ideas.
    Last edited by Carabas; 02-14-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

Agreed. Even more Republicans, including those higher up the food chain need to echo Blunt's sentiments and demand that investigation. And the media needs to keep on asking questions about the administration's ties with Russia.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!