Page 394 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 2943443843903913923933943953963973984044444948941394 ... LastLast
Results 5,896 to 5,910 of 104733

Democrats this week are finding an interesting way to stop Republicans from winning seats... by dropping out of the race, and giving the lead to Independent candidates... who technically have not agreed to caucus with either party, but ideologically are closer to the left than the far right.

Two days ago, it was the Alaska Governor's race. Today, it's the race for the Senate seat in Kansas.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    I mean yeah, when your economic system can't produce and allocate food properly, and your leader is a paranoid nutcase, millions of people die.
    That is the Norm for communist governments in the real world

Capitolism is the best available system, but like any other system it need controls.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    Like how communism works fine theoretically.
    It works fine theoreticly only if you compley ignore huma nature, the Same applies to unrestrained capitalism. But the former is more likely to commit mass murder as it flounders

Quote Originally Posted by Surtur View Post
    I am wondering how this guy didn't get life in prison and only got 17 years minimum:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...prison-n194366
    Becasue that is the normal sentence for the crime he was convicted of perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by madfunkymonkey View Post
    Sorry that I got the countries mixed up but my point is still valid.

No need to google them because I was referring to actions taking in this CURRENT day and age. Not stuff that happened hundreds or even a thousand years ago.

From now one I will be more clearer.

I'm pretty sure that if you google all the killings of every other religion based on religion except the Muslim extremists in the last 10 years you will find that the Muslim extremists have killed hundreds if not thousands compared to the all of the other religions.
    Crhistians are still committing mass murder as we speak, try again

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    I concur. Central Planning is a Bad Idea. Totalitarian Police States are even worse.

Now would someone be so kind as to explain why public and/or worker control over the means of production require either?
    Because public means the govement for all practical purposes. Why should workers control other people property?

Mankind is still committing mass murder. And probably will continue until we destroy ourselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Crhistians are still committing mass murder as we speak, try again
    Those LRA types aren't /real/ Christians, you know!

The goal posts will ever shift.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Darrell Issa
    Oh this jackass. Ugh. I'm surprised you didn't have the part where he muted Elijah Cummings during a meeting and later said he had a hissy fit. Or during the summer he pulled the plug on his own committee before witnesses even testified.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Those LRA types aren't /real/ Christians, you know!

The goal posts will ever shift.
    Kony proclaims himself the spokesperson of God and a spirit medium, and has been considered by some as a cult of personality, and claims he is visited by a multinational host of 13 spirits, including a Chinese phantom.[2] Ideologically, the group is a syncretic mix of mysticism, Acholi nationalism, Islam, and Christian fundamentalism.

This is obviously a cult not a true representation of mainstream Christians.

Here is the problem I have with the "It's Islam!" theory. If Islam is the problem it will always be the problem. Yet each new generation seems to have a new fear...

> 1890 it was Anarchists
    > 1914 it was Germans
    > 1920 it was alcohol
    > 1930 it was Commies/Nazis
    > 1950's it was Commies and gays
    > 1960's it was hippies and blacks
    > 1980 it was satanists
    > 2000 its Muslims

Seems every new generation has something new to fear. Honestly in the western conscious Islam hasn't been a problem since the US fought the Barbary Pirates.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Here is the problem I have with the "It's Islam!" theory. If Islam is the problem it will always be the problem. Yet each new generation seems to have a new fear...

> 1890 it was Anarchists
    > 1914 it was Germans
    > 1920 it was alcohol
    > 1930 it was Commies/Nazis
    > 1950's it was Commies and gays
    > 1960's it was hippies and blacks
    > 1980 it was satanists
    > 2000 its Muslims

Seems every new generation has something new to fear. Honestly in the western conscious Islam hasn't been a problem since the US fought the Barbary Pirates.
    You left out the Irish in the 1850s-80s and the Jews 1880s -1940s

BANNED

Yeah, like I (and a thousand others) said it's about being human not about being a member of any one group. Tribal thinking.

Astonishing Member

Indonesia has the largest muslim population in the world, and it doesn't get more peaceful there...I mean aside from earthquakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
    Indonesia has the largest muslim population in the world, and they're a billion times more peaceful than any Christian country.
    Well I don't think that is exactly true. Switzerland and Sweden havn't been fought in some wars for a while and Indonesia annexed a few countries during the 70's and that genocide during the 50's. Tajikistan is golden though.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut