BANNED

Here comes the new recession.

The Clearing House will propose a new system under which banks do not investigate and report every transaction that could possibly raise a red flag, according to people involved in the effort.

Instead, banks would focus on investigating and reporting transactions based on specific concerns relayed to them by law enforcement. Under this approach, banks could shift their focus, as law enforcement priorities change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuck View Post
    Did you actually watch the most recent season?

The member berries were using nostalgia to make the pubic receptive to fascism. Trey and Matt were not hedging.

They said they won't be dealing with the Presidency because they said they don't know how to satirize the Trump administration, since it's already bonkers.
    That's what they said, but I also think they realize that they wrote themselves into a corner by turning Garrison into Trump and they really have nowhere to go from there. Better to return to episodes based on the characters. Those have always been the best ones anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I saw a joke that he was speedrunning the Nixon Presidency. Awful Governments Done Quick.

Hopefully he tries the special boss for the JFK ending.
    I'm not a Trump fan by a long shot and dislike him immensely, but this kind of talk doesn't help anyone but the pro-Trump side.

Calm down with the death stuff, please.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I'm not a Trump fan by a long shot and dislike him immensely, but this kind of talk doesn't help anyone but the pro-Trump side.

Calm down with the death stuff, please.
    Agreed. I want to see Trump shamed and humiliated and forced from office in disgrace well before 2020, preferably in handcuffs while doing a perp walk on live TV before the nation like your average, run of the mill hoodlum. That would be the ultimate comeuppance for a demagogue like Donnie Smallhands.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Agreed. I want to see Trump shamed and humiliated and forced from office in disgrace well before 2020, preferably in handcuffs while doing a perp walk on live TV before the nation like your average, run of the mill hoodlum. That would be the ultimate comeuppance for a demagogue like Donnie Smallhands.
    I would love that, believe me. But the people who would make that happen will always disappoint you. The House will never order an investigation of him, the FBI has been in their pockets from the beginning, and the Senate will never take action against him. We have no allies in this fight to do this by the book.

Sooo... The head of a regional political party, one that describes itself as "progressive" and "feminist," harassed my mother for some petty reason. He just couldn't stand she didn't let him do a risky maneuver driving that could endanger everyone else.

We called the police, but they recommended us that we don't report it. Friends in politics have told me that this is not the first time this politician harasses women. But he silences them and, somehow, he's still adored by many people who are truly in favor of women' rights. **** everything! I'm fuckng pissed off! We don't have any proof in the form of videos, just our testimonies and God knows what the judge would say.

Not gonna lie. I've sometimes been very harsh with the actions of feminist women (never the intention behind them), but now... now I fully understand how they feel. I feel deeply ashamed for not doing it before. I feel deeply ashamed for analyzing the problem too clinically.
    Last edited by Diamond; 02-16-2017 at 11:27 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I would love that, believe me. But the people who would make that happen will always disappoint you. The House will never order an investigation of him, the FBI has been in their pockets from the beginning, and the Senate will never take action against him. We have no allies in this fight to do this by the book.
    Outside of the moral implications, I don't think the white supremacists and people like Richard Spencer need a martyr for the cause.

Likewise, it's important for the world to see this play out via judicial process, if only so that they understand that our nation's checks and balances can deal with threats (and demagogues) like Trump.

That said, there's no guarantee that this will happen -- especially with the Republicans controlling Congress -- but my assumption was always that they would prop him up until after he won the White House for them, then throw him to the wolves when it was most convenient.

I think there is some concern at this point on their part that Pence might be caught up in the scandal, which is why they've repeatedly tried to distance him from Trump and Flynn with regards to "prior knowledge" (and block any attempt at an independent investigation).

However, with the media finally stepping up to the plate and asking the right questions (about Flynn, Manafort, and Trump himself) we'll see how the GOP reacts.

It's to their advantage at this point to take Trump down, so they may actually go ahead and do so -- especially since the more the press investigates this issue, the more they may start to point out that the obstructionism of the Republicans is the real problem with regards to removing Trump from office.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 02-16-2017 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Sooo... The head of a regional political party, one that describes itself as "progressive" and "feminist," harassed my mother for some petty reason. He just couldn't stand she didn't let him do a risky maneuver driving that could endanger everyone else.

We called the police, but they recommended us that we don't report it. Friends in politics have told me that this is not the first time this politician harasses women. But he silences them and, somehow, he's still adored by many people who are truly in favor of women' rights. **** everything! I'm fuckng pissed off! We don't have any proof in the form of videos, just our testimonies and God knows what the judge would say.

Not gonna lie. I've sometimes been very harsh with the actions of feminist women (never the intention behind them), but now... now I fully understand how they feel. I feel deeply ashamed for not doing it before. I feel deeply ashamed for analyzing the problem too clinically.
    You know he does it habitually, the best thing to do is to get it on video, gather evidence, collect testimonies and when you have enough and the time is right either make it public or go to court. No guarantees, but this process sometimes does get results.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    You know he does it habitually, the best thing to do is to get it on video, gather evidence, collect testimonies and when you have enough and the time is right either make it public or go to court. No guarantees, but this process sometimes does get results.
    We're going to report it regardless of what the police says and write to the press, but the chances are slim. My friends are staunch feminists and if they haven't exposed it yet, it's not for a lack of trying. Dude is smart enough to stop harassment when he might be recorded. Worse of all, he's got enough friends in the party that will absolutely stand by him. In fact, he was once investigated for money laundering (alongside conservative politicians, no less!) and he didn't even have to step down temporarily. Then, there's also the problem that our regional politics, like every other place in the world, have become polarized. I am sure many will ignore our reports because this man is "one of them" even though he clearly is not. Like many "moderate" Republicans do with Trump, just to put an example.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    We're going to report it regardless of what the police says and write to the press, but the chances are slim. My friends are staunch feminists and if they haven't exposed it yet, it's not for a lack of trying. Dude is smart enough to stop harassment when he might be recorded. Worse of all, he's got enough friends in the party that will absolutely stand by him. In fact, he was once investigated for money laundering (alongside conservative politicians, no less!) and he didn't even have to step down temporarily. Then, there's also the problem that our regional politics, like every other place in the world, have become polarized. I am sure many will ignore our reports because this man is "one of them" even though he clearly is not. Like many "moderate" Republicans do with Trump, just to put an example.
    I hear you. Some things are universal, like corrupt and dangerous politicians.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Bad news for the Outlaw Jersey Whale:

Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I hear you. Some things are universal, like corrupt and dangerous politicians.
    and the desire to harass women as if they are just playthings

Seems like a slightly more sane nominee

Trump names Alexander Acosta as labor secretary nominee

President Donald Trump on Thursday announced his intent to nominate Alexander Acosta, a former Justice Department official and current dean of Florida International University College of Law, for labor secretary, just a day after his first pick, fast-food CEO Andrew Puzder, backed out.
    Acosta, who was born in Cuba, would become the first Hispanic member of Trump's cabinet. He has been confirmed by the Senate for three prior positions, which could help smooth his path to the Labor Department.

Still, his background is not without some controversy, including allegations that, while a U.S. attorney in Miami, he cut a sweetheart plea deal in 2008 with a billionaire investor accused of having sex with dozens of underage girls.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bad news for the Outlaw Jersey Whale:

Judge: Bridge case complaint against Christie can proceed
    Great news!

Trump plans executive orders aimed at shaking up EPA, climate change policy, reports say

President Donald Trump plans to introduce executive actions aimed at scaling back Obama-era climate change initiatives and shaking up the Environmental Protection Agency, reports say.

The president intends to sign the actions during a visit to the EPA headquarters for Scott Pruitt's swearing in as head of the agency, policy newsletter Inside EPA reported Tuesday, citing an administration source. The timing of the event has not been determined because the full Senate has not yet confirmed Pruitt.

The Hill reported on the Inside EPA report on Wednesday. The White House did not return CNBC's request for comment.

On Thursday, Reuters reported that staff at the EPA have been told that Trump is preparing a handful of executive orders to reshape the agency, to be signed once a new administrator is confirmed. The news service cited two sources who attended the meeting.
    Recreating the Government in Trump's Image .... :sigh: