Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    5. DON'T RUN FRlCKIN' WINDOWS!!

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    In Charlottesville, Virginia, there was a protest in Lee Park over the city's decision to sell the statue of Confederate Gen. Robert E. Lee that resides in the park. The protest took place after 9 P.M. with most of the members carrying torches and chanting "White Lives Matter" and "Russia is our Friend".
    See, right at the end there... these mother***ers are admitting that our president is a traitor, and they don't care, because it only matters if the one calling the shots is a white nationalist . Whether it's Putin, or Trump running America right now, they're happy with the arrangement.

F*** this Neo-Nazi trash.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

James Clapper On Donald Trump: ‘Our Institutions Are Under Assault’

He also called on Republicans to “speak up” about the president’s actions. Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen, Jimbo, 'cause that ain't happening. It's "See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil" with the GOP when it comes to Trump.

Chuck Schumer Says Next FBI Director Should ‘Not Be A Partisan Politician’

“You need a really good prosecutor here, somebody who knows how to do it.” Let's see if that happens, or if Trump puts a rubber stamp in the position.

After Ransomware Attack, Businesses Brace For Monday Morning

“The governments of the world should treat this attack as a wake-up call,” Microsoft’s Brad Smith said. Be careful out there, folks!

Torch-Carrying White Nationalists Protest Removal Of Confederate Statue

They chanted “All white lives matter” and “Russia is our friend.” In a word----deplorable!

Flash-Mob Spells Out ‘RESIST!’ Next To Trump California Golf Course

“By the time the Trump people figured out what we were doing, we were gone,” said member Peter Warren. Cool beans!

Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

In both 2015, as well as 2016, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" published profiles of South Dakota State Senator Phil Jensen, a man who drew national headlines back in March of 2013 for producing legislation that would allow businesses to discriminate against whoever they want, Civil Rights Act be damned. Jensen actually tried claiming that if a bakery owned by the KKK tried discriminating against an African American, that the matter would take care of itself, because customers would be too offended to patronize such a place. This logic, of course then fails to understand everything about the Jim Crow era South. Anyway, South Dakota Republicans threw Jensen under the bus for his remarks, but have never said anything about other extreme legilsation he's produced or supported, including drug testing welfare recipients, an unnecessary ban on Sharia Law in the United States, an attempt to criminalize abortions as "attacks on a fetus", co-sponsoring “religious freedom” legislation to allow people to discriminate against LGBT citizens, and Jensen’s sponsorship of transphobic legislation including not just a ban on transgendered citizens using public bathrooms, but also to forbid transgendered athletes from participating in high school sports. (Because that just reeks of a “party of smaller government”, right?)

While the South Dakota GOP spent two years aghast and trying to do damage control over Phil Jensen’s remarks about the Klan, he survived Jacqueline Sly, a primary challenger and he still won re-election comfortably in Rapid City over Democrat Haven Stuck with 61% of the vote.

Has he dialed back the extremism since we last checked in? Hell no, he hasn’t! Phil Jensen has continued his attacks upon this LGBT community, but apparently isn’t content to only do so as a legislator. At a town hall in February of 2017, as David Hubbard, from the Human Rights campaign asked “Who will protect the people of South Dakota from discrimination?”, Jensen’s response drew groans from the audience for its sheer bigotry:

Now, equating a transgendered person to a “known pedophile” did not go over, especially because there was a transgendered man in attendance who HAD adopted a child, and lambasted Jensen for believing a child should not find a loving family to care for them.

And yet, no matter how racist, homophobic, or otherwise terrible any statement from Phil Jensen is... the South Dakota GOP ends up not calling for his removal, and seems content to have him in office. Go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    [
    Torch-Carrying White Nationalists Protest Removal Of Confederate Statue

They chanted “All white lives matter” and “Russia is our friend.” In a word----deplorable!
    Not to mention 'blood and soil'. Those vile, vile jerks. But we should be heartened by the fact that the crowd was only of 'several dozen'.

Even one is too many, though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    What message?

Hillary Clinton's message focused less on policy than any candidate in the last five elections.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...clinton-tv-ads

http://mediaproject.wesleyan.edu/blo...udy-published/

That study is far from the full picture. It focuses on advertising alone. And without access to the full data in the study, I cannot tell if they included SuperPACs' ads in that - and the PACs were mostly anti-Trump. Hillary talked much more about policy than Trump during all three debates. She did so in interviews. She did so in her campaign events.

I'll add that if you exclude Trump, and just said she was the second-least amount of policy in speeches...

Of course she didn't talk as much about that as previous candidates. She had to keep answering questions, and respond to insane s*** Trump said that wasn't policy related. Her plate was pretty full.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    5. DON'T RUN FRlCKIN' WINDOWS!!
    Ah, but I like Windows. Every time I boot up it's a new surprise!

"What's gonna fail to load today? Oh look, Micorsoft's Firewall just ate itself and died. I didn't even know it could do that!"
    After about a year any Windows system I run is made up of so much cobbled together crap that I'm pretty sure it'll be able to interface with mothership when it arrives. Which is good, I don't trust Macs to be compatible anymore.

BANNED

Sounds well within the margin of error.

But it is shocking that there is so little buyers' remorse, considering what we've been through since Trump took office.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

But it is shocking that there is so little buyers' remorse, considering what we've been through since Trump took office.
    It depends on how the question is asked, really. While there are for more Republicans who are far too comfortable with the chaotic moron they put in the Oval Office, I have seen favorability polls where among the white working class, Trump's support has dropped 10%. Mind you, it's still at 75% among that group, but it's down 10%.

The only measurable that Trump delivers on that they could be proud of is that he scares the s*** out of non-Republicans, and they love him simply to spite "the other side". Well, that and racism.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post

I see that as Republican voters either being too stubborn to admit they made a mistake in voting for Trump, or are still drinking his Kool-Aid and believing he can do no wrong.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I see that as Republican voters either being too stubborn to admit they made a mistake in voting for Trump, or are still drinking his Kool-Aid and believing he can do no wrong.
    Online... they're a lot quieter in most public forums. I don't see as many Alt-Right nuts screaming about their "God-Emperor", or rank and file Republicans who think there's ever gonna be a wall.

So yeah, they're stubborn, and while they won't admit it out loud, or stray from anything with an "R" next to the name, they know they f***ed up, and hard, on some level.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Online... they're a lot quieter in most public forums. I don't see as many Alt-Right nuts screaming about their "God-Emperor", or rank and file Republicans who think there's ever gonna be a wall.

So yeah, they're stubborn, and while they won't admit it out loud, or stray from anything with an "R" next to the name, they know they f***ed up, and hard, on some level.
    True, I think there's even two or three Trump supporters on this forum who haven't been banned yet, but they're being quiet.

Trump relying on charisma to bridge old divides on first foreign trip: The White House is seeking to recast the US president as a world statesman, but critics say his confidence in his own persuasive powers is simply delusional

Starting on Friday, the president’s world tour is seeking to recast Trump as a world statesman at a time when the legitimacy of his election victory is under greater attack than ever following his dismissal of the FBI director, James Comey, who was overseeing an investigation into the Trump campaign’s links to Russia.

The national security adviser, HR McMaster, was deployed on Friday to highlight the presidential trip during the daily White House briefing, with the press more interested in asking questions about Trump’s tweeted hint he had taped his conversations with Comey.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Labour candidate receives torrent of online sexual harassment and abuse

So it's not just the U.S., actually I already knew it was world wide

Emily Owen, standing for election as the Labour Party candidate in Aberconwy, has been on the receiving end of a huge amount of sexual harassment on social media since announcing her candidacy.
    Ms Owen, 22, highlighted the abuse with a message on Twitter: “Let’s discuss politics, not my breasts.”

The Labour candidate, who is standing against Guto Bebb, Conservative MP for Aberconwy since 2010, has received messages commenting on her physical appearance and her breast size, with one man contacting her to say: “How many votes for a striptease?”
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.