Quote Originally Posted by jeanvaljean View Post
    Comey's prepared statement has been released.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/872511778415976448
    Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yup, that's obstruction of justice. He's fucked.
    Comey kept detailed notes. I mean, we knew they were detailed notes... but THAT detailed?

He tried pushing the wrong guy around, truly. He is f***ed. This is akin to the smoking gun that got Nixon.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    When it rains, it pours for Trump:

Guess who's not getting a cabinet position anytime soon?

It's funny that telling the truth is considered a Left turn to conservatives.
    When Cavuto and Fox News turn on you even when you have an "R" next to your name... you're truly f***ed.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    It's already pretty clear what Comey will say per ABC and past testimony so prepare to water down your beer with tears. Just as with Mark Warner and every other Dem having to begrudgingly admit the Russia probe (running since July) still has no evidence of Russian collusion.
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Pay attention to the news, without dismissing it as fake. And man, the next few weeks are gonna be so, so painful for you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    This is akin to the smoking gun that got Nixon.
    I agree with that, except we live in a different world, as far as I can tell. I wasn't alive yet when Nixon happened, born in 78. But, if impeaching and indicting Trump is viewed as a win for the left (instead of the win for the country that it actually would be), I really can't see republican lawmakers taking that step.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I agree with that, except we live in a different world, as far as I can tell. I wasn't alive yet when Nixon happened, born in 78. But, if impeaching and indicting Trump is viewed as a win for the left (instead of the win for the country that it actually would be), I really can't see republican lawmakers taking that step.
    As the '74 elections approached, the GOP knew they were f***ed if they stood with Nixon, with his corruption exposed. To save their own asses, his party bailed on him.

If you think Trump inspires more loyalty, or if these Republicans are more determined to save someone who's been in their party for all of two years... yeah... I have a bridge to sell you.

It's no longer a question of if, it's when they impeach him. Probably when his approval ratings go below 30% (They're at 36% right now, with more evidence of his campaign and Russia pulling shenanigans coming out daily).

Here's a fun rumor for the schadenfreude in you ...

The "salacious and unverified" information is that Russia was attempting to black mail Trump with video from a trip on the Lolita Express with ... Bill Clinton.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I wasn't even up to date on the latest Trump approval polls....

Quinnipiac has him at 34% approval.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

It's no longer a question of if, it's when they impeach him.
    You're dreaming, you really are. Sadly, it's becoming more clear that the dishonest Dems don't even truly want Trump impeached, because he gives them more of a chance.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

You're dreaming, you really are. Sadly, it's becoming more clear that the dishonest Dems don't even truly want Trump impeached, because he gives them more of a chance.
    You just admitted your guy sucks, you realize.

I wasn't even up to date on the latest Trump approval polls....

Quinnipiac has him at 34% approval.
    Gallup has him at 38%, with 79% Rs, 48% white ... all the rest below 40% now. Some college and upper middle-class being the outliers at 45% and 43% respectively. Lowest he's been for all those.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

If you think Trump inspires more loyalty, or if these Republicans are more determined to save someone who's been in their party for all of two years... yeah... I have a bridge to sell you.
    Well, for starters, I hope you are right. But I don't think Trump inspires loyalty, at all, from anyone. I just think that republicans don't really care about...anything anymore, other than making liberals "cry into their lattes" (are liberals the only ones who drink lattes...'cuz conservatives would probably be less mad about stuff if they tried one some time. Quite tasty).

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

You just admitted your guy sucks, you realize.
    No, he's polarizing. No one can deny that. Hillary was too. Obama too. Liberal papers, conservative ones, they will tell you impeachment is still quite unlikely on any basis. And no evidence of collusion and some have even said they doubt one will turn up. Trump's base is solid, the GOP couldn't afford the "look" of an impeachment of a Republican President. Etc, etc.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Speaking of Trump sucking, apparently he wanted to not just put one foreign agent on our National Security Council (Michael Flynn, natch), but TWO. Fox News correspondent Monica Crowley was also in the running, until she pulled out when it was revealed she plagiarized much of her doctoral thesis. Or at least, so it was thought, but now it turns out she had been accepting payments from a Ukrainian oligarch loyal to Vladimir Putin and Russia.

Look at all the winning/incompetence, you guys. Look at it.

No, he's polarizing. No one can deny that. Hillary was too. Obama too. Liberal papers, conservative ones, they will tell you impeachment is still quite unlikely on any basis. And no evidence of collusion and some have even said they doubt one will turn up. Trump's base is solid, the GOP couldn't afford the "look" of an impeachment of a Republican President. Etc, etc.
    Oh, they say it's UNLIKELY? Tell it to Newsweek, who were discussing the possibility just based on speculation of what was in Comey's testimony.

There is no cover for this. Not for more than a couple months, at best.
    Last edited by worstblogever; 06-07-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Yup, that's obstruction of justice. He's fucked.
    It's not. Key takeaways. Comey went out of his way to differentiate between a criminal investigation and a counter intelligence investigation. There's a reason he did that and it's significant.

The second is that he didn't ask for Comey to stop investigating he asked him to get it out that he wasn't investigating Trump personally.

It's not going anywhere. It'll give some people more cannon fodder