Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Considering the GOP might drag out the healthcare bill war through July, I do think they will get something passed eventually (I could wind up dead wrong).

Already a lot of pressure from conservative pundits. And I think fear of what Trump might do (his unpredictability) will motivate some.

If something passes, I bet tax cutting will be reduced some to bolster Medicaid.
    What do you think the odds are that this Health Care Bill situation, if it blows up, could lead Congressional Republicans to do to either Ryan or McConnell what they did to John Boehner?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    What do you think the odds are that this Health Care Bill situation, if it blows up, could lead Congressional Republicans to do to either Ryan or McConnell what they did to John Boehner?
    That's a good question. Something like that could happen just by considering that kinda one thing (funding of P.Parenthood as shutdown loomed) brought down Boehner, but it's hard to gauge such things as times and circumstances and composition change. Mitch will be able to ride a good deal on the Gorsuch approval. House passage enough to bolster Ryan?...maybe, probably.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-29-2017 at 03:31 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Isn't Cruz the one pushing the plan of if an insurance company offers at least one plan in the state that is compliant with ACA mandates, that company can also sell any additional plan that consumers want? Meaning that the AHCA maintains the existing protections, but it gives consumers additional new options above and beyond of what they can purchase today. So moderates can say, "We kept Obamacare’s insurance reforms!" And conservatives can say, "We allowed non-Obamacare plans back on the market!"

Right?

Sounds like he's angling for McConnell's job.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ana Navarro Goes Off On CNN, Rips Spineless Republicans And Calls Trump A Crazy Lunatic Man Baby.

Wow, two women on the news calling him a lunatic on the same day, though Ana digs deeper by calling out her fellow Republicans for enabling Trump like cowards. Wonder how he's gonna respond to that?
    I laughed my ass off. Go Ana! She verbally took the short-fingered vulgarian to the woodshed and beat the **** out of him!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Sounds like he's angling for McConnell's job.
    Interesting speculation. It'd be smart. Cruz is broadly popular on the right as far as regular conservative voters. It's hard to find anyone on the right that actually likes Mitch or Ryan, whether that is deserved or fair or not. They get no credit for anything (except by conservative pundits or other people in Congress).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-29-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

If Trumpcare goes down to defeat after the holiday, Sunkist Satan will be pissed and demanding somebody's head on a platter, and that sacrifice could be Turtle Boy McConnell.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Chances are Trump looks at himself and believes he's done nothing wrong, whether his behavior is acceptable doesn't matter to him. As long as his legion of lemmings remains devoted to him, Trump sees no reason to change, so he'll keep on being an immature child with impulse control problems.
    Honestly, I don't think Trump is a person who can even wrap his head around Right/Wrong as most folks know them to be when it comes to being critical of others.

If Trumpcare goes down to defeat after the holiday, Sunkist Satan will be pissed and demanding somebody's head on a platter, and that sacrifice could be Turtle Boy McConnell.
    Trump wouldn't be able to end Mitch. If anyone can, it'd be the Freedom Caucus, they have leverage/power & grassroots support.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 06-29-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

That's funny, I call him Yertle the Turtle McConnell myself. But isn't he the one person that seems to have escaped Trump's notice for some reason? I can't recall him being blamed for any of this

House passes 'Kate's Law' and bill declaring war on sanctuary cities

Washington (CNN)House Republicans joined President Donald Trump on Thursday afternoon in declaring war on sanctuary cities -- passing legislation targeting the cities' funding while hammering a message of the dangers posed by undocumented immigrants.

"Kate's Law" is named for Kate Steinle, a young woman murdered on a busy walkway in San Francisco two years ago allegedly by an undocumented immigrant who was deported multiple times. It would increase maximum penalties for undocumented immigrants who repeatedly enter the country illegally after deportation, especially with criminal records. It passed 257-167.

The "No Sanctuary for Criminals Act" would expand what is required of cities regarding federal immigrant enforcement and allow the government to deny jurisdictions federal law enforcement funds if they don't comply. It passed 228-195.
    House passes bills to crack down on ‘sanctuary cities’ and deported criminals who return to U.S.

The House on Thursday passed two hard-line immigration bills that would penalize illegal immigrants who commit crimes and local jurisdictions that refuse to work with federal authorities to deport them.

Both bills, Kate’s Law and the No Sanctuary for Criminals Act, passed on largely party-line votes amid heavy promotion from Republicans, starting with President Trump.

“MAKE AMERICA SAFE AGAIN!” Trump tweeted as the House debated the bills Thursday, one of five tweets he pushed out to his 35 million followers highlighting the legislation.

Before the vote, Trump urged lawmakers to pass the bill during remarks at the Department of Energy, calling them “vital to public safety and national security.”

Homeland Security Secretary John F. Kelly appeared on Capitol Hill ahead of the vote Thursday with House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (Wis.) and other Republican leaders to promote the bills.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Trump is a person who can even wrap his head around Right/Wrong as most folks know them to be when it comes to being critical of others.
    The co-writer of Art of the Deal and has talked about with Trump it is not about right and wrong, but winning and losing.

"The man who coauthored “Art of the Deal” with Donald Trump ― a book often cited on the campaign trail last year ― said the president will soon look for a way out of all of his administration’s scandals.

“There is no right and wrong for Trump, there’s winning and losing,” Tony Schwartz told CNN’s Anderson Cooper. “And right now, he is in pure terror that he is going to lose.”

Schwartz predicted that Trump would ultimately “lose,” but said he won’t go through an impeachment process.

“I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time he’s going to have to figure out a way to resign,” Schwartz said in comments posted online by Mediaite. But in quitting, Trump will try to “figure out a way, as he has done all his career, to turn a loss into a victory so he will declare victory when he leaves.” "

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    That's funny, I call him Yertle the Turtle McConnell myself. But isn't he the one person that seems to have escaped Trump's notice for some reason? I can't recall him being blamed for any of this
    I wouldn't assume the Trump has any serious understanding of how that part of Congress works.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Schwartz predicted that Trump would ultimately “lose,” but said he won’t go through an impeachment process.

“I surely believe that at some point over the next period of time he’s going to have to figure out a way to resign,” Schwartz said in comments posted online by Mediaite. "
    I hope he doesn't gamble much.
    Trump is unlikely to face an impeachment process, hence Tony is right: he won't go through one. Thus he won't even have to consider resigning. Which I doubt he'd much consider under any circumstances at this high level of his life.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    I laughed my ass off. Go Ana! She verbally took the short-fingered vulgarian to the woodshed and beat the **** out of him!
    Can you imagine if Ana's rant was on HBO where she didn't have to worry about her language? In any event, she said what everybody thinks about Cheeto Jesus and what an immature brat he is, but I've yet to hear anyone tear him a new one like Navarro had. Two thumbs way up for her!

More xenophobia, if not borderline racism from Trump and his Cabinet of Horrors. Scores more Americans have been killed by unstable and violent white men born in the country than by illegals, and everybody damn well knows it.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

More xenophobia, if not borderline racism from Trump and his Cabinet of Horrors. Scores more Americans have been killed by unstable and violent white men born in the country than by illegals, and everybody damn well knows it.
    That doesn't really mean that I want to ignore a situation that is resulting in "Less" murders(or whatever).

Something that might result in one less murder doesn't seem like the worst idea, to me.