Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Speaking of awful people, this has been making the rounds today about Angelina Jolie.

Paternalism at its finest.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Caitlyn Jenner Appears To Finally Understand Who Trump Really Is

The former Olympian confronted POTUS on Twitter about his trans military ban. FINALLY? Most people knew Trump was a scheming, miserable liar going back to the campaign. Where the hell was Jenner?
    "First, they came for...wait, he's coming for who now?"

I wouldn't have thought Bannon would be that flexible, looking at him. I guess you can't always go by appearances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spike-X View Post
    I wouldn't have thought Bannon would be that flexible, looking at him. I guess you can't always go by appearances.
    if the first question to Sanders at the next press briefing isn't "Can Steve Bannon suck his own c**k?" journalism is dead

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh, my! Tony Pinocchio sounds like an interesting fellow!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Remember back when folks was all "President Bannon"...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

He seems to regret it already.

What? What was he expecting when he talked to a reporter when he's a high level member of the government? Did he expect a reporter not to report on that crap?

I don't even think he is legally on the payroll yet. Buddy is a go-getter.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    What? What was he expecting when he talked to a reporter when he's a high level member of the government? Did he expect a reporter not to report on that crap?
    Not even all of this.

Who takes a look at recent press coverage, and says to himself "That reporter will keep that on the down low."?

So you probably have heard news about transgender people and the military and you probably have seen a map that shows 19 countries that allow trans people in their military, you have Australia, West Europe, New Zealand and Canada but i found something curious, Bolivia, from all the countries in Latino America is the only that allow them, my question is why Bolivia from all the countries.

Well i did some research, first some context.

In Bolivia is obligatory to serve in the army when you are 18 and there is no way around that but also since 2016 trans people can access to change their name and sex in their official papers still LGBT people were still not allowed in the military.

Just recently, since 28 of June, 2017 Bolivia approved a law that allows transgender people to get married.

Link is in Spanish but i will translate the important part.
    http://www.eldeber.com.bo/bolivia/El...0628-0001.html

The provision signed by Kathia Uriona, president of the TSE, regarding the Law 807 of May 21, 2016 on Gender Identity, regarding the effects of the change of proper name, data of sex and image, transsexual and transgender people enjoy Of all their social and economic rights, which includes the institute of marriage.
    "The TSE Plenary Room, in consideration of the legal criteria of the National Legal Department, an instrument that transgender and transgender persons who effected the change regulated by Law 807 enter into civil marriage, without the need for any other requirement. Of the document that accredits their sex change.

Along with allowing trans people to marry they also get to serve in the army because the goverment recognize their new gender identity, still since this is a new development the ministery of defense is still creating the "Internal regulations for the incorporation of transsexual and transgender persons with their name change to present military service".

http://cnnespanol.cnn.com/2017/07/27...erzas-armadas/

So technically yes they allow them but since is something new no tran person has joined.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Republicans are frickin trying to rush the bill in at the last second by f'ing midnight. Mike Enzi is holding up and preventing any debating right now. May come down to McCain and Pence is there in case of any tie breaking voting needed.

Not that I read it [my husband thinks it's funny] but Breitbart is already going after 'The Mooch'. Saying that he is overshadowing Trump and a traitor.

Yeah, it's getting amusing.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

From Sen Bob Casey on Twitter

Can't make it up. It's called "health care freedom act." It frees people to be sick without insurance

Incredible Member

So republican voters are gonna blame Obama when their family members and friends start dying from things like asthma correct

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Skinny bill is at 57 - 43 NAYs ATM but lots of voting changing going on now.
    Skinny bill is dead, thanks to Collins, Murkowski and McCain.