Page 484 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 3844344744804814824834844854864874884945345849841484 ... LastLast
Results 7,246 to 7,260 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    America, home of the frightened.
    Land of hysteria.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    In Maine you're more likely to be killed by a copy of The Stand falling off a high shelf than by Ebola.
    Captain Trips strikes again.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Still too lazy to change Nick Soapdish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Considering Rick Scott has been stupid from the beginning, I think that's really par for the course.
    He's not stupid. He's just amoral, probably a criminal and believes that voters are stupid or ignorant or apathetic enough to vote him in again as a moderate after making a token effort to reverse a small part of his previous years ...

"I care about the environment. I'm going to pledge 1 billion dollars to the environment over the next ten years. Even though I'm only going to be in office for four of them and have any sort of control over that pledge for those four. And it's only half of what the Florida Forever law (passed under Jeb Bush) authorizes, but not quite mandates. And I cut a billion dollars from environmental spending in just my first year - of which very little has been restored, meaning that it's been nearly 3 billion dollars in environmental spending cuts under my term so far. That counts, right? Good." Repeat for education.

... and being on track (ahead even) to fulfill his campaign promise on job creation to create 70% as many jobs in 7 years as economists projected would be created in Florida over the same time period if Florida did absolutely nothing to try to create jobs.

... and for cutting taxes although my own taxes haven't gone down at all and in fact have been raised by 3% according to a Republican argument (the amount that the government takes out of my paycheck is higher). However, my license plate re-registration will be cheaper next year.

Since the race is a dead heat, it's tough to argue against that - although he's aided in great part by the amazing weakness of the Democrats in Florida.

I think that Fangate is more reflective of that he's so egotistical, he doesn't think he can do any wrong.
    Last edited by Nick Soapdish; 10-18-2014 at 08:48 PM.

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(And please, for those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement is defensible, remember, I'm still challenging you to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, you have to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 94-2, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Gordon Klingenschmitt

Gordon Klingenschmitt, a.k.a. “Dr. Chaps”, pictured above, apparently post-self-baptism, is a former Navy chaplain and cable television talk show host whose zealotry knows no conceivable bounds within common logic. Given his radical Fundamentalist views, you would have thought someone in the Colorado GOP Primary for his district’s seat in the state legislature would have thought twice about the embarrassment Gordo might cause… but nope. He’s provided plenty in a year where Republicans want to snag both a national Senate seat, and the Colorado governor’s mansion where every vote could count. While some people are said to have their demons… Klingenschmitt thinks people still are having demons, literally. Yes, I mean LITERALLY. Like he’s a witchfinder general or something from medieval times.

Just… just look.

I will end by saying, with no hyperbole, sarcasm, or attempt at a joke on my part that my heartfelt conclusion is that Gordon Klingenschmitt needs to be locked up in a mental asylum. Really, I’m afraid he’s going to hurt someone, or himself (instead of just the chances of Colorado Republicans at the polls by association).

BANNED

The twitter hashtag to check out right now is #pumpkinfest, as violent, bored college students riot for no reason at all and cause more property damage in minutes than weeks of protests did in Ferguson.,

Last edited by the4thpip; 10-19-2014 at 12:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

He probably listens to Limp Bizkit.

BANNED

So will FoxNews talk about "white on white crime" now?

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

I know the GOP is all about wanting more of their bretheren in Washington, but, good Lord (pardon the pun), how could they even consider supporting an outright madman like Gordon Klingenschmitt who should be in a padded cell instead of running for political office? This guy is everything that's bad about out of control holy rollers who see sin and evil in EVERYTHING that doesn't jibe with their interpretation of the bible, and Klingenschmitt clearly kicks his religious/homophobic mania up notches uncounted and unknown. Short and sweet, this guy is dangerous and I hope he loses in his election.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    So will FoxNews talk about "white on white crime" now?
    No, no, you are missing the point.

When Black people burn crap down, they are vicious monsters with insanely dysfunctional cultures who need to be gunned down for the safety of the Republic.

When White people burn crap down, they are kids having fun.

Big difference, or so most Law&Order sorts seem to think

Mighty Member

You know, part of me wants to see Klingenschmitt in congress with a nationwide audience... for the express purpose of showing the public what the Religious Right wants for this country.

Just a reminder:

"It's not whether you win or lose, it's whether I win or lose." - Peter David, on life

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, sit right here by me." - Alice Roosevelt Longworth, on manners

"You're much stronger than you think you are." - Superman, on humankind

All-New, All-Different Marvel Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    I know the GOP is all about wanting more of their bretheren in Washington, but, good Lord (pardon the pun), how could they even consider supporting an outright madman like Gordon Klingenschmitt who should be in a padded cell instead of running for political office? This guy is everything that's bad about out of control holy rollers who see sin and evil in EVERYTHING that doesn't jibe with their interpretation of the bible, and Klingenschmitt clearly kicks his religious/homophobic mania up notches uncounted and unknown. Short and sweet, this guy is dangerous and I hope he loses in his election.
    Pretty sure he's gonna lose, even at the state leve.

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    You know, part of me wants to see Klingenschmitt in congress with a nationwide audience... for the express purpose of showing the public what the Religious Right wants for this country.
    I'd rather not give a platform for a man calling for religious extremists to revolt against the government.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Michael P View Post
    Just a reminder:

That still leaves room for an epidemic.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Careful, she'll write a song about you.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(And please, for those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement is defensible, remember, I'm still challenging you to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, you have to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 95-2, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Trey Gowdy

Trey Gowdy… how can I explain him in a nutshell… You ever know that guy who jumps on every bit of relevant pop culture to try to look cool? Even if it’s just sadly too late? Like how he started wearing a Motley Crue T-shirt in 1992, and then jumped to the Soundgarden shirt around 1999? He probably just started singing “Chocolate Rain”? That’s Trey Gowdy.

Except, of course, that Trey Gowdy gets on board with most memes conservatives rally around. And he does get on a lot of them. He gained office in 2010 (That Tea Party Wave year again) by running to the right of Bob Inglis, who himself had a 93% conservative rating from the American Conservative Union, only missing a perfect 100% because he wasn’t quite enough opposed to cap and trade and believed that climate change is man-made and happening (because it is).

Let’s take a look at some of Gowdy’s favorite memes/stances.

Now, as far as “jumping on the bandwagon late” with causes the GOP has, here’s where Gowdy really stands out:

That’s about all I’ve got on Trey Gowdy. What this little Darrell Issa knock-off should be investigating, though, is what the hell is up with his hair.