Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    More money certainly didn't help Jeb Bush.
    And Jeb Bush passive personality clearly didnt help him either.

When you decide to play someone else's game, you agree to play by their rules. You may not like the rules, you may complain about those rules, but you don't get to change them unilaterally. If you play the game by your own rules, you probably won't win. You can try to change the rules from within once you win, but until then, you have to play by the rules that are there right now.

There are managers in Major League Baseball who hate the Designated Hitter rule. They absolutely hate it, and think it was a mistake to institute it in 1973. But when they play games in American League stadiums, they employ the designated hitter rule. They could ignore it, or insert their pitcher into the line-up after one inning, but they don't. Why? Because they know that it would drastically reduce their chances of winning the game. You play by the rules as they are, not as you wish they were.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Hillary, Kerry and McCain ran in political cycles that weren't in their favor, and kept it relatively close. All had made it to the Senate, winning several statewide elections.

Nina Turner lost by 25 points in a bid for minor statewide office.
    Look at the Name recognition of the first people you posted, and the name Nina Turner.
    Two years ago, the only people that knew who a Bernie Sanders was, was me and my cat.

Turners Profile has gotten a LOT larger now. I had to go back and research Nina from years ago to see who she was and what she did.
    So her losing by that much is fairly understandable. Kerry not fighting back vehemently is what cost him. Democrats like to not push back forcefully.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    One person's take...

That the person who was heading the DNC was a former payday lending hired gun is not a "Tiny Bit".

That folks seems to want to excuse that sort of thing for the sake of "Unity" is hard to get around. It could be that reaching out to the folks who want her gone might make more sense than losing them in order to keep her.
    One Person's Strawman . . . Who here is praising DWS compared to how many here have condemned her? Who was praising her in the article I posted?

Your opinion has been biased to the extreme from the beginning, and you probably believe that anyone who votes for a D on the ballot is 10% responsible for her regardless of whether they did/didn't give money to the DNC or actually voted for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    When you decide to play someone else's game, you agree to play by their rules. You may not like the rules, you may complain about those rules, but you don't get to change them unilaterally. If you play the game by your own rules, you probably won't win. You can try to change the rules from within once you win, but until then, you have to play by the rules that are there right now.

There are managers in Major League Baseball who hate the Designated Hitter rule. They absolutely hate it, and think it was a mistake to institute it in 1973. But when they play games in American League stadiums, they employ the designated hitter rule. They could ignore it, or insert their pitcher into the line-up after one inning, but they don't. Why? Because they know that it would drastically reduce their chances of winning the game. You play by the rules as they are, not as you wish they were.
    This! There are many rules I'd have preferred to change in the various RPG's, Video Games, and the few Sports and such I've played over the years. In this case, if you want to change the rules of money in politics you've got to GET PEOPLE IN OFFICE TO DO IT FIRST! If you want more progressive people to run, go out and court them or run yourself since you believe you are so idealogically pure! Just don't pretend you are doing the right thing by condemning us to more and more years of Rethuglicans dictating how things are going to run whether in the Majority or not.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    And Jeb Bush passive personality clearly didnt help him either.
    His last name didn't win him any points either.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

True. Him being a celebrity plus purposely spewing the most outrageous things he could think of guaranteed him coverage normal politician can only dream.
    Inded. And if he wins 2020, well, then we can mark it as the time the US finally entered the dying period every major power has had since the beginning of civilization.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    He's too tight fisted with his money to do that. Like with everything Trump does, he mooched off of the News Media by creating a 'Reality TV' climate that the News Media couldn't resist covering.

Normal politicians, by comparison, aren't nearly as interesting to cover ... though something can be said for good ole boring.

Trump is an outlier, an exception to every rule. You can't compare norms to him because he isn't normal.
    That helped, but the biggest thing in his favor was the perception that he was a great businessman and the master of deal making. If he didn't have four decades cultivating that image, I'm not sure he would have won the GOP nomination.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post

Wait!
    You're saying if, say, Nina Turner had run a pure campaign for the seat Ossof lost, without any corporate money, she wouldn't have won in that extremely conservative district?
    That's crazy talk!

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guapo Méndez View Post
    Inded. And if he wins 2020, well, then we can mark it as the time the US finally entered the dying period every major power has had since the beginning of civilization.
    If he survives his term, I'll be shocked if he runs again. He acts like he doesn't want to be there now.

If he survives his term, I'll be shocked if he runs again. He acts like he doesn't want to be there now.
    If they suppress enough voters again, he could win.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

His ego won't let him walk away, since Obama had two terms Trump will try to rewrite the law so that he gets three.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    All the people who claim that Hillary was terrible and that anyone else could've beaten Trump seem to have forgotten the decades long effort state level Republicans put into suppressing voters.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Look at the Name recognition of the first people you posted, and the name Nina Turner.
    Two years ago, the only people that knew who a Bernie Sanders was, was me and my cat.
    Not true. I had been seeing him on Bill Maher for years. The audience knew who he was. If anything his appearances there probably boosted his profile. You get to be more than a 2 minute talking head there than on CNN, MSNBC, etc.

In fact, his first appearance goes back to 2005
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-05-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I don't think they even have to try too hard to suppress votes. I mean, a lot of his votes came from people who knew he was terrible, but voted for him anyway.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Not true. I had been seeing him on Bill Maher for years. The audience knew who he was. If anything his appearances there probably boosted his profile. You get to be more than a 2 minute talking head there than on CNN, MSNBC, etc.
    Yeah, Sanders wasn't exactly a household name before last year, but he was a household name for those who were politically knowledgeable.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?