Page 486 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 3864364764824834844854864874884894904965365869861486 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 104733
    It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

7thangel says something odd:

they've been fox lite for quite some time
    How so? I mean, I have lots of problems with CNN, but political bias isn't one of them.
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    How so? I mean, I have lots of problems with CNN, but political bias isn't one of them.
    Just the vapid, content less fear-mongering and shouting for shouting's sake. In some ways CNN is sadder than Fox because at least Fox has a a goal. It's obviously trying to brainwash your racist uncle. CNN is about nothing but trying to keep eyeballs glued to it, actually informing its viewers is a rare side effect.
    Last edited by Shawn Hopkins; 10-21-2014 at 02:17 AM.

It's been fun. Toodles. Paradox's Avatar

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much what I said and meant by "ratings chasing". Fox is characterized by its political slant, so I wouldn't call that "Fox lite".
    'Dox out.

"It’s cold and it’s mean-spirited and I don’t like it here anymore." - Alan Moore

"Can it, you nit!" - Violet Beauregard

"And Paradox is never correct. About anything."- Kid Omega

The Conclave group page on Primus (a work in progress)
    Champions: The Conclave (an updating Facebook Gallery)
    Decorum & Friends (A City of Heroes archive)

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Bob McDonnell and the transvaginal ultrasound nonsense he was involved in made me think of Pennsylvania governor Tepid Tom Corbett and this not-so golden oldie from a press conference over two years ago where he suggested women "just close their eyes" during such a procedure. Is it any wonder people like me want Corbett out in the worst way?
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 10-21-2014 at 02:09 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

they've had the same type of hiring practice as fox, even after they lost beck. they had a partnership with a tea bagger group, i think tea party express. their attempts all failed, as they trailed fox (obviously) and msnbc (i don't know if they've been able to beat them recently)

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Anthony Culler, running for U.S. House of Representatives in South Carolina and trailing Rep. Jim Clyburn (D) in polls, decided to wedge issue to fire up his base and spoil and upset was gay marriage. Of course, maybe Culler doing so by calling those gay couples seeking to be married "Gremlins" and "Bullies" was not the way to do so.
    So according to Culler, gay people are extremely sensitive to light, multiply when immersed in water and turn into mischievous monsters if they're fed after midnight.

BANNED

Oh, yeah, that's pretty much what I said and meant by "ratings chasing". Fox is characterized by its political slant, so I wouldn't call that "Fox lite".
    If anything MSNBC is Fox-lite since they basically restructured their network to be more like the liberal version of Fox. They are just really bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Bob McDonnell and the transvaginal ultrasound nonsense he was involved in made me think of Pennsylvania governor Tepid Tom Corbett and this not-so golden oldie from a press conference over two years ago where he suggested women "just close their eyes" during such a procedure. Is it any wonder people like me want Corbett out in the worst way?
    Oh trust me... when I get around to Tom Corbett, that quote is getting a mention. It's up there with some of the worst GOP comments towards women, like Clayton Williams' 1990 rape comment, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" .

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    So according to Culler, gay people are extremely sensitive to light, multiply when immersed in water and turn into mischievous monsters if they're fed after midnight.
    Yes, but no confirmation if they can be bought in the store of an old Chinese shopkeeper who keeps them in a cage.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    He suggested women "just close their eyes" during such a procedure.[/URL] Is it any wonder people like me want Corbett out in the worst way?
    He probably suggests that to his wife quite often.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Just the vapid, content less fear-mongering and shouting for shouting's sake. In some ways CNN is sadder than Fox because at least Fox has a a goal. It's obviously trying to brainwash your racist uncle. CNN is about nothing but trying to keep eyeballs glued to it, actually informing its viewers is a rare side effect.
    New York Magazine had an interesting piece on that. Jeff Zucker has been open about his approach of focusing on high-profile breaking news.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ucker-cnn.html
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by the4thpip View Post
    So will FoxNews talk about "white on white crime" now?
    White people are the majority. In a post-racial society, the majority of crimes against all ethnic groups would be committed by white folk.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Let me know when you achieve this "post-racial society".

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Oh trust me... when I get around to Tom Corbett, that quote is getting a mention. It's up there with some of the worst GOP comments towards women, like Clayton Williams' 1990 rape comment, "If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it" .
    I eagerly look forward to "One-Term Tom" getting the worstblogever treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    He probably suggests that to his wife quite often.
    Yowsa! Great zinger, my friend!
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's our latest reminder of what a crock the statement "Nuh uh. Both parties are just as bad," actually is...

It’s Your Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day!

(And please, for those who those who really felt the "Both Parties are Just as Bad" statement is defensible, remember, I'm still challenging you to write your own essays each day, to keep pace with me, if it's actually "just as bad". Keep in mind, you have to pick someone from politics who has either ran for, held office within the past 5 years, and have multiple verifiable news sources to any quotes/beliefs they might have to build a solid, established track record of stupid that clearly isn't a fluke. Hell, we'll even accept people who help write party platforms within that time frame. Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 96-2, since this was established on 7-18-14)

Timothy Ray Murray

The profile of Timothy Ray Murray is decidedly not a long story, but I assure you, what little is known about him in the world of politics is more than conclusive evidence that he is a special kind of “lacking full psychological stability” that makes me even raise an eyebrow. When someone has their middle name listed, as well, you know if they’re not a serial killer, they’re at least bats*** crazy, normally.

It’s definitely the latter. You see, Timothy Ray Murray was the primary challenger to long time Oklahoma House Rep. Frank Lucas, in Oklahoma’s 3rd District. And, he lost. Not by a little, but a LOT. Like he got 5% of the vote to Lucas’ 82%. After the loss, Murray posted this on his campaign website:
    "The election for U.S. House for Oklahoma’s 3rd District will be contested by the Candidate, Timothy Ray Murray.

I will be stating that his votes are switched with Rep. Lucas votes, because it is widely known Rep. Frank D. Lucas is no longer alive and has been displayed by a look alike.

Lucas and a few other Oklahoma and other States’ Congressional Members were executed by the World Court "on or about" Jan. 11, 2011 in southern Ukraine.
    On television they were depicted as being executed by the hanging about the neck until death on a white stage and in front of witnesses. Other now current Members of Congress have shared those facts on television also. We know that it is possible to use look alike artificial or manmade replacements, however Rep. Lucas was not eligible to serve as a Congressional Member after that time."

That’s not a one-off or a joke, either. His campaign website (which since has lost its web domain) had an "issues" page which called for balancing the budget (okay), creating incentives for job growth in "all tiers" of the job market (fine), protection for small businesses and banks (a tad conservative, perhaps), protecting Social Security and Medicare (reasonable), and tax reform (fair enough). However, Murray also pledged to "never use a look alike to replace my (The Office’s) message to you or to anyone else, as both the other Republican Challengers have."

…Wow. He sees body snatchers a LOT. But this is where it gets very specifically insane… they’re not just human body doubles, with plastic surgery… they’re lifelike robots or automatons (at least it wasn’t pod people). Murray does have a degree in electrical engineering so… maybe he knows what he’s talking about, right? (No, no he certainly doesn’t.)
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

BANNED

That’s not a one-off or a joke, either. His campaign website (which since has lost its web domain)
    Are you sure? This might be his web site right here:
    http://www.pennyjuice.com/htmlversion/whoispj.htm