BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    The last Green Party candidate I knew in my area was a Power Girl cosplayer who did a series of boudoir cheesecake photo shoots. When she was given the opportunity to explain herself in the pre-election mailer that's sent out to registered voters, she wrote literally two sentences that said virtually nothing about why she was worth her vote. If anything, she, like Jill Stein, was using the platform to generate more publicity for herself.

I've met her, and like her as a person. I agree with a great deal of her political stances. However, she is not a realistic candidate that's going to win in most states, let alone Arizona.

But that's the Green Party. They hold 136 elected offices across the country. That's it. The highest office they hold is three mayors in California. It's all unopposed school board spots or city council seats other than that.

I've met Cara a couple times at various cons, took soem photos of her. She's cool to talk with, and I agree with her on a lot of issues. But she is very Jill Stein'ish when it comes to certain things.
    I hope she matures as a Politician and can get some training from outside groups. She has potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    When did I call Tulsi Gabbard a Hero of mine? I said she's a woman and has a vagina, ELECT HER. Because You want me to take YOU seriously, but insist Kamala Harris is the most awesome of awesome.

How far do you want me to bow me head?
    I'm recovering from surgery and taking medication as part of my recovery. Do you really want to get into this with me now? Did you not see how I treated #30? Or is this you trying to stick up for a "progressive?"

You use that term as if it were straight up magic. And anyone who calls themselves a "progressive" must be honest and true. And how dare these evil Corporate Dems exist to swindle the common man. Why, if only people knew how magical the "real Progressives" actually were, they would surely all raise their hands together and sing "kumbaya."

Hey, look at this...

And

By some magical coincidence, Roger Stone, Wikileaks, and The Young Turks ALL said the same thing in their attempts to undermine Robert Mueller. Whoops.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Here we go with the 'bow my head' stuff again.
    Yep. So Should I support Kamala or not?
    If I don't, what does that make me?
    If I just blindly accept her because Pelosi, Joy Reid, Neera tanden, and others want me to, am I not bowing my head?
    If I ask the DNC to give us a LIST of actual candidates to CHOOSE from including dudes and chicks, what's wrong with that?
    If I dislike someone because of their record or lack thereof why is that considered an attack?

Why is the DNC choosing the person to run for POTUS in 2017? Why are they already calling Progressives who don't support her Alt-Left and Sexists, and Racists, then want us to accept her?

Please tell me how they want us to Unify, but only on their terms? It doesn't need to be Bernie to run again, but why can't they give Progressives like the Justice Democrats and Brand New Congress a voice?

Tell me about that Bowing my head stuff again, again?

Yep. So Should I support Kamala or not?
    If I don't, what does that make me?
    If I just blindly accept her because Pelosi, Joy Reid, Neera tanden, and others want me to, am I not bowing my head?
    If I ask the DNC to give us a LIST of actual candidates to CHOOSE from including dudes and chicks, what's wrong with that?
    If I dislike someone because of their record or lack thereof why is that considered an attack?

Why is the DNC choosing the person to run for POTUS in 2017? Why are they already calling Progressives who don't support her Alt-Left and Sexists, and Racists, then want us to accept her?

Please tell me how they want us to Unify, but only on their terms? It doesn't need to be Bernie to run again, but why can't they give Progressives like the Justice Democrats and Brand New Congress a voice?

Tell me about that Bowing my head stuff again, again?
    How dare the DNC want a committed member to feel they can run in the future if she so desires. They can't think about somebody else when the "REAL PROGRESSIVES" have already declared Bernie Sanders the 2020 Nominee after that evil HRC got the nomination last time by getting more votes in the primary!

(She also got more votes in the actual election, but because of a system we built to make sure slave owners didn't have their little fee fees hurt, she didn't become President.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I'm recovering from surgery and taking medication as part of my recovery. Do you really want to get into this with me now? Did you not see how I treated #30? Or is this you trying to stick up for a "progressive?"

You use that term as if it were straight up magic. And anyone who calls themselves a "progressive" must be honest and true. And how dare these evil Corporate Dems exist to swindle the common man. Why, if only people knew how magical the "real Progressives" actually were, they would surely all raise their hands together and sing "kumbaya."

Hey, look at this...

And

By some magical coincidence, Roger Stone, Wikileaks, and The Young Turks ALL said the same thing in their attempts to undermine Robert Mueller. Whoops.
    I don't get into viewing personal conflicts with other members of the board.

You can get into it with me all day. :P I can handle myself. Hope your surgery went well, but go to bed and stop posting on this board for a night, get some rest, we can argue Progressives and Corporatist chess tomorrow, well later today.

I'm actually Not a fan of Michael tracey. Did you see what he tried to do with Maxine Waters?

Out of all the Reporters and Contributors Cenk hired last year, Tracey was the weakest choice. I don't agree with him on this. TYT caught hell last year for the hire.

Maxine-waters-attacked-journalist-michael-tracey-parallel-universe-maybe

How dare the DNC want a committed member to feel they can run in the future if she so desires. They can't think about somebody else when the "REAL PROGRESSIVES" have already declared Bernie Sanders the 2020 Nominee after that evil HRC got the nomination last time by getting more votes in the primary!

(She also got more votes in the actual election, but because of a system we built to make sure slave owners didn't have their little fee fees hurt, she didn't become President.)
    For about the millionth time, talking "Yards Carried" or "Time Of Possession" is pretty pointless in a game everyone knows going in is won on points.

Y'know, if there were any indication that someone in Bernie's camp might be unreasonable, it might be that 3 years prior to a candidate being named for the Democratic nominee being picked for the 2020 elections, they're defending a need to slag on other Democrats who only might run for the spot at some point between now and then who are rated as more progressive that Bernie, and already think the DNC have "chosen".

There isn't a front-runner. I mean, maybe Bernie would be one if he didn't jump ship and leave the party immediately after 2016.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Actually... If the way it is set up is so incredibly offensive, you could just not run as a part of a boycott of said system.

Otherwise, quit complaining and win the thing in The Electoral College like a bunch of others have had to.

I don't get into viewing personal conflicts with other members of the board.

You can get into it with me all day. :P I can handle myself. Hope your surgery went well, but go to bed and stop posting on this board for a night, get some rest, we can argue Progressives and Corporatist chess tomorrow, well later today.

I'm actually Not a fan of Michael tracey. Did you see what he tried to do with Maxine Waters?

Out of all the Reporters and Contributors Cenk hired last year, Tracey was the weakest choice. I don't agree with him on this. TYT caught hell last year for the hire.

Maxine-waters-attacked-journalist-michael-tracey-parallel-universe-maybe
    I apologize if I came off as too aggressive. I do love your passion. Passion can be a wonderful thing.

Would that more people were actually so damn passionate for their country.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    For about the millionth time, talking "Yards Carried" or "Time Of Possession" is pretty pointless in a game everyone knows going in is won on points.
    It's just something I noted for completion's sake. That's why it was in parenthesis.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Actually... If the way it is set up is so incredibly offensive, you could just not run as a part of a boycott of said system.

Otherwise, quit complaining and win the thing in The Electoral College like a bunch of others have had to.
    Really, #30, you are so aggressive against me. I'm recovering from surgery. Haven't even had a post-OP check-up yet. Stop being a bully.
    Last edited by Kevinroc; 08-06-2017 at 10:02 PM.

BANNED

Let me try it!

How dare the DNC want a Committed member to feel as though she is owed the candidacy without actually showing the voters why she is owed the candidacy. Why can't they let us Voters(Not just Progressives, Middle of the roaders, Liberals) have a say in who gets the nod?
    They can't can't think about the voters because when the "REAL LIBERAL/MODERATE Democrats" have said "HEY! Wait a minute!", We like Bernie, but we also like options in the race, after the last person You deemed was owed the nomination because we locked out actual liberals from voting in the Primary, because they didn't have a D by their name, but support Democratic policies.

(Hillary should have been POTUS, but because of a system we built to make sure slave owners didn't have their little feelings hurt, she didn't become President. But also She should have had an actual message and got more people to support her instead calling us (People like me that did actually vote for her, Bros, and sexist), she should have also not taken ANYTHING for granted considering the system we use. Democrats efforts to get people to vote in the polls was absolute failure, and they are at it again. I don't give a shit who runs, but if they aren't for Medicare for all, I ain't voting for them. Democrats Better this, Better that, plan is something they've been selling for years, it's not working!)

Until the system is changed, Electoral College will still choose POTUS, that's why it's important for Democrats to not alienate the people the claim to want unity with by bashing them, and then asking for their votes.

Step one to not being alienated by Democrats:

Stop s*** talking the actual Democrats over every perceived issue you have with them. Dedicating an equal amount energy to what the party takes a stand on and actually does right instead of deriding any and all compromises they have to make to actually try and govern with lunatics on the other side of the aisle. I had issues with Clinton. I had issues with Bernie. I voted Bernie in the primary, because I liked his tax plan and holding the wealthy accountable seemed like he'd do it more than Clinton. That didn't make either a bad candidate. That was clearly Lincoln Chafee and Jim Webb (joking but not joking).

It's just a suggestion, but it would be a great start towards building something. Build these people up on their strengths. Rewarding their good behavior rather than self-sabotaging because of things they don't do.

Because as this forum demonstrates in a microcosm, there are those who will gaslight you into infighting... which is what they want.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Let me try it!

How dare the DNC want a Committed member to feel as though she is owed the candidacy without actually showing the voters why she is owed the candidacy. Why can't they let us Voters(Not just Progressives, Middle of the roaders, Liberals) have a say in who gets the nod?
    They can't can't think about the voters because when the "REAL LIBERAL/MODERATE Democrats" have said "HEY! Wait a minute!", We like Bernie, but we also like options in the race, after the last person You deemed was owed the nomination because we locked out actual liberals from voting in the Primary, because they didn't have a D by their name, but support Democratic policies.

(Hillary should have been POTUS, but because of a system we built to make sure slave owners didn't have their little feelings hurt, she didn't become President. But also She should have had an actual message and got more people to support her instead calling us (People like me that did actually vote for her, Bros, and sexist), she should have also not taken ANYTHING for granted considering the system we use. Democrats efforts to get people to vote in the polls was absolute failure, and they are at it again. I don't give a shit who runs, but if they aren't for Medicare for all, I ain't voting for them. Democrats Better this, Better that, plan is something they've been selling for years, it's not working!)

Until the system is changed, Electoral College will still choose POTUS, that's why it's important for Democrats to not alienate the people the claim to want unity with by bashing them, and then asking for their votes.
    (Honestly? That's not bad.)

If Bernie Sanders wants to run in 2020, he should. And if he wins the primary, more power to him.

If Kamala Harris wants to run in 2020, she should. And if she wins the primary, more power to her.

(But speaking really honestly, I don't think we should have 2020 discussions now. We should be talking 2018 midterms.)

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Y'know, if there were any indication that someone in Bernie's camp might be unreasonable, it might be that 3 years prior to a candidate being named for the Democratic nominee being picked for the 2020 elections, they're defending a need to slag on other Democrats who only might run for the spot at some point between now and then who are rated as more progressive that Bernie, and already think the DNC have "chosen".

There isn't a front-runner. I mean, maybe Bernie would be one if he didn't jump ship and leave the party immediately after 2016.
    If people are that committed to the point no reasonable conclusion happens, we might see another democratic divide in 2020.

Is this idea too far streched ?

I just want a President Duckworth.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I just want a President Duckworth.
    And i want a cold one.