Astonishing Member

Why the hell are 2020 discussions even a thing? Getting back the White House isn't going to bring back all those lost state legislatures and House chairs.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Why the hell are 2020 discussions even a thing? Getting back the White House isn't going to bring back all those lost state legislatures and House chairs.
    Democrats actually started gaining those back last year, if you weren't paying attention.

According to Gallup, the only group of people that like Trump more than 47% of the time are Republicans at 82%. Only 11% strongly approve. He beat Truman's record. Now for Nixon's record for lowest.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    According to Gallup, the only group of people that like Trump more than 47% of the time are Republicans at 82%. Only 11% strongly approve. He beat Truman's record. Now for Nixon's record for lowest.
    Apparently Fox News had an article up online over the weekend that asked, "So let's say Trump is guilty... would that be so bad?"

That... sort of damage control by what amounts to the GOP's propaganda wing indicates the poll numbers are gonna get lower.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Anyone who believed Kelly (I've christened him "Major Dad") would have a positive and/or calming influence on Trump were naïve at best, delusional at worst. Darth Cheddar is too old, too set in his ways and just too damn stubborn for anyone to change him, not Kelly, not Melania, not Ivanka, not anybody. Add all the enablers in the GOP who are content to just "Let Trump be Trump", and that his moronic base eats up all the crazy shit he says and does like starving people unleashed on a buffet, and there's simply no stopping Trump from doing whatever he wants.
    This is so true. Indulged as a child, indulged as an adult and you got big problems. Add to the fact that he is so self-centered. He can charm people when he wants to though. Evangelical Ralph Reed was interviewed on Bill Maher also this past Friday and he was asked again, now that Trump has been in office, why does he align himself with someone like Trump. As Maher put it, Trump is "The least Christian Man Ever" Reed went on to say how surprised he was to find out how charming he found him to be when the two met some 7 years ago. That's part of the somewhat sociopathic nature of his personality or maybe just the snake oil salesman. He's been known to lie about some of his buildings when promoting them. He knows how to play people one on one and he knows how to play the crowds...and lie at the same time. Oh, and Reed said the most telling thing though. He supports Trump because he fulfilled his promise and Trump delivered something he thought was the most important of all. The Supreme Court Justice choice. And Neil Gorsuch was from that list that Trump produced in his campaign.

You can watch the interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txBS...ature=youtu.be
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-07-2017 at 01:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Asking people not to be dicks is basically the same as asking them to bow their heads. It's like the kind of date Mooch says Bannon has with himself all the time.
    Who is being a dick? I hope that's not directed at me and other People who don't simply want to Accept whoever the DNC wants us to.

Because that is in essence, telling us to bow their head.

So can you be a little more clear here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Who is being a dick? I hope that's not directed at me and other People who don't simply want to Accept whoever the DNC wants us to.

Well you claimed that everyone pushing Unity (like me) was trying to get you to bow your head to their "Ideal" candidate instead of what they were actually saying, that is in essence telling us to bow our heads to a specific candidate that hasn't actually appeared.

I'd like to propose throwing 'Bow Our Heads' out of the political lexicon honestly, I've never liked the phrase and it almost never is used correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Apparently Fox News had an article up online over the weekend that asked, "So let's say Trump is guilty... would that be so bad?"

That... sort of damage control by what amounts to the GOP's propaganda wing indicates the poll numbers are gonna get lower.
    That ran one like that about 6 weeks ago too. And a month before that. Sounds like conditioning.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

John Oliver talks about the Border Patrol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    John Oliver talks about the Border Patrol.

Youtube commenters did not react well that video.

BANNED

You seem nice.
    Here's how this is gonna work. You stop being passive aggressive towards me, and speak to me in context. I won't put you on ignore, just ignore you when you quote me.
    I don't mind going up against anyone in this thread, but we'll do it using information and data.

But I notice that you're not being truthful when you're calling yourself a purist.
    I'm a purist on getting money out of politics and Medicare for all. If you're against those, you don't get my vote. I do have a purity test, yes.

What we really want you to do is ignore her record, pick
    and choose out of context factoids to make her look bad and say as many mean things about her as you can.
    Then you should start making memes, accusing her of being a sellout and corporate shill. Maybe then you could add that she is every bit as bad as Trump (or maybe Hitler?) in many ways.

And then you can send all of those messages and memes to the usual address and collect your price.
    See, there's this thing called the Internet, on the Internet you can get facts and information from a variety of sites like snopes, the bbc, npr, the young turks, sam seder, Huffington post , raw story, etc. You can also go to independent political sites to get copies of people's records or lack thereof. So, that's what I usually do when I look up people. I also like knowing where people are getting there money from and how they vote or legislate. Then I take a look at the pulse of the state of that person and their effects on it. Then I discuss it with people who may disagree with, but not act holier-than-thou, or passively aggressive .

That's how that works.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Let's just say it's not reflecting on you positively when you're acting like a huge, studded dildo is being forced down your throat when a WOC who does not come with the Bernie Certificate of Purity™ as much as dips her toe in the water of national politics.

Drain that pool!

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Do they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    I just watched it with my husband and we both thought it was as well done as most of John Oliver's reports. He makes some very good points about the right way to hire agents. Though the Boarder Patrol does have tougher hiring standards for agents than America does for hiring Presidents.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.