Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This just occurred to me: Dolt45 claims to love winners and winning, yet he's gushing like a schoolgirl with a crush on the BMOC over statues of heroes of the Confederacy, "heroes" who, last time I checked, LOST the Civil War. Seems like quite the contradiction, doesn't it? I'd love it if any of Trump's followers who hang out in this thread could explain that to me.

It has also occurred to me that '45 has a desperate need for the love and adoration of the masses yet he has this talent for making enemies, throwing people under the bus, and siding with the fringe 1% who are drawing even more hate and anger towards Trump.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-20-2017 at 07:58 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Is it me or is Democratic presidential candidate John Delaney everything the purity left things Kamala Harris is?

Maybe this guy will unite Democrats - against him.
    In 2016 the Republicans got to have a clowncar primary, in 2020 the Democrats will get to have one too. Oh goodie.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    This is going to be a time when even among Democrats everyone is going to assume they can be President. I'm fully expecting the next race to be wide open, but I am praying that it won't be the insane slaughterfest the Recent 2016 Republican Primary was.
    That was partly because Hillary was considered such a formidable candidate that many more electable Republican decided to sit the primary out, which meant no clear front runner left ridiculous candidates like Trump and Ted Cruz in the dust.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    I'm all for giving Monsanto the finger, but the rest of the sign makes it clear they buy into all the 'frankenfoods' bullshit.
    Probably.

I think there is a big difference between Golden Rice and Roundup Ready Soybeans. The former is an amazing thing that is being stifled by purity lunatics, the second scares the crap out of me.

Falwell Jr.: Trump had ‘inside information’ about how ‘very fine’ white supremacists are

President Donald Trump has inside information on the white supremacists who marched in Charlottesville on Aug. 12, and that is how the president knows there are “very fine people” among them, according to Liberty University President Jerry Falwell Jr.

Falwell Jr. appeared on ABC’s This Week Sunday morning and cheered Trump’s remarks following the Charlottesville rallies during which one woman, who had come to protest neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and members of the KKK who had gathered for the Unite the Right rally, was killed. Two police on duty also died when their helicopter crashed.
    “The only group he identified by name as evil and causing what happened in Charlottesville were the Nazis, the KKK, and the white supremacists,” Falwell Jr said Sunday. “That’s what I thought was bold.”

But as host Martha Raddatz pointed out, Trump said Tuesday that there were “very fine people” on both sides of the clashes in Charlottesville.

“Do you believe there were very fine people on both sides?” Raddatz asked.

“I have no idea. He has inside information I don’t have,” Falwell Jr. said. “I don’t know if there were historical purists there who were trying to preserve some statutes. I don’t know, but he had information I didn’t have.”
    Imagine if Trump DID have inside information before the rally took place, information that could have prevented the violence but he not only didn't act on it but encouraged it....what if that were true? That would be a big issues.

But I am sure Falwell was just talking out of generalities and having no real way of defending Trump.
    Last edited by Tami; 08-20-2017 at 07:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Probably.

I think there is a big difference between Golden Rice and Roundup Ready Soybeans. The former is an amazing thing that is being stifled by purity lunatics, the second scares the crap out of me.
    Penn and Teller had the best response to these people who complain about "frankenfood"

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I'm always thinking about renewing my subscription, but their love for sensationalism puts me off. Wish they would adopt a more neutral writing style.
    Thankfully, despite their spotlight-searching, their articles are still spot-on, and their work is still great.
    But I certainly understand where you are coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    The Economist and The New Yorker had similar covers this week.

Attachment 53389
    (((FAKE))) News doing God's work here
    The paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.
    ~ Karl Popper

Cthulhu's Accountant Shining Trapezohedron's Avatar

Oh, and talking about "Fake" News, here is Breitbart, going fully in with their lies.

Far-right American news site Breitbart has left readers baffled after seemingly mistaking footballer Lukas Podolski for a jet-ski gangster ferrying migrants into Spain.

The website welcomed its former editor Steve Bannon back into the fold on Friday after he was dismissed by Donald Trump as Chief Strategist.

But the apparent picture gaffe appeared soon after and has since been shared around the globe.

The article, titled ‘Spanish Police crack gang moving migrants on jet-skis’, is accompanied by an uncaptioned image of ex-Arsenal striker Podolski on the back of a jet-ski making a peace sign.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a3615766.html

Just one of the MOST FAMOUS soccer players of the world.

He got a lawyer now and considers suing em.

Breitbart being the -real- fake news.
    The paradox of tolerance: Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them.
    ~ Karl Popper

Sounds more like something that you would find on 'The Onion' or 'Cracked' than on any organization that is at least 'pretending' to tell actual news stories. The line between Breibart and the National Enquirer grows thinner every day. Actually, they are practically interchangeable.

Invincible Member

Saw Andrew Young on Meet The Press earlier today. Not entirely sure who he was referring to when he brought up "black militants" unless he was talking about the 60-70's...

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Looks like Trump has someone coming to his defense for his "both sides" comment, Steven Mnuchin!

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, under fire from Yale classmates and Jewish critics of President Trump, strongly defended the president’s equivocating response to the racially charged violence in Charlottesville, Va., in a written statement this weekend.

“I strongly condemn the actions of those filled with hate and with the intent to harm others,” Mr. Mnuchin said in a statement on Saturday. “They have no defense from me, nor do they have any defense from the president or this administration.”

He continued, “While I find it hard to believe I should have to defend myself on this, or the president, I feel compelled to let you know that the president in no way, shape or form believes that neo-Nazi and other hate groups who endorse violence are equivalent to groups that demonstrate in peaceful and lawful ways.”

His words marked perhaps the most vociferous defense of the president from anyone in the administration.

Mr. Mnuchin, one of the most prominent Jews in the administration, issued the statement on Twitter in response to a letter signed by more than 300 of his 1985 classmates from Yale, urging him to step down immediately.
    “I don’t believe the allegations against the president are accurate,” Mr. Mnuchin said of the denunciations of the president, “and I believe that having highly talented men and women in our country surrounding the president in his administration should be reassuring to you and all the American people.”

BANNED

try to have a calm Sunday and this bulls**t comes across my TL

https://twitter.com/steveannear/stat...49729362554880

HAD to be someone I know, didn't it? HAD to be someone I see weekly

NOW I have to yell at this person in public and be the bad guy

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Penn and Teller had the best response to these people who complain about "frankenfood"
    My biggest issue with Roundup Ready is how the stuff is used. You can drench them in herbicides that keep working long after the initial spray, getting into the groundwater, in addition to runoff getting into rivers and streams. I understand that some spraying is going to happen in any large scale farm, but making it too easy leads to other problems. And on a lesser note, how Monsanto controls what you can do with the crop after (no keeping seeds to reduce costs next year).

Astonishing Member

Falwell Jr.: Trump had ‘inside information’ about how ‘very fine’ white supremacists are

Imagine if Trump DID have inside information before the rally took place, information that could have prevented the violence but he not only didn't act on it but encouraged it....what if that were true? That would be a big issues.

But I am sure Falwell was just talking out of generalities and having no real way of defending Trump.
    Falwell might as well be cut from the same cloth as the filth Jesus threw out of the temple.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    Falwell might as well be cut from the same cloth as the filth Jesus threw out of the temple.
    I wasn't expecting any decency out of a prosperity gospel dips*** like Falwell, Jr., but he just claimed there were "fine people" at a white supremacist rally that ended in a terror attack.

Oh, I'd love for the King of the Jews to come back and for you to face him after that Jerry.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.