Page 504 of 6983 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 7,546 to 7,560 of 104733

Quote Originally Posted by 7thangel View Post
    i think you're confusing paying lip service as a tactic vs actually believing in something.
    But none of us know what the other is truly thinking. If someone says they believe in something, I have no reason to think they don't, unless there is some sort of evidence to prove otherwise.

These people generally believe woman should have the right to an abortion, to be paid equally, etc. They are not as bad as the Republican anti-feminists who can try and do pass laws against women.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    But none of us know what the other is truly thinking.
    I have a really big problem with this excuse. Words and actions give insight to what they are thinking. Even the "mistakes".

BANNED

But none of us know what the other is truly thinking. If someone says they believe in something, I have no reason to think they don't, unless there is some sort of evidence to prove otherwise.
    Well, that explains why you'd take GamerGate claims at face value, and I'm sure there are lots of people like you. But how do even survive? Like, literally, how do you not die, walking around in the world and credulously taking everyone at their word? I'm amazed you haven't gotten lured into a "Free Candy" van yet.

These people generally believe woman should have the right to an abortion, to be paid equally, etc. They are not as bad as the Republican anti-feminists who can try and do pass laws against women.
    Most of them are just for abortion because they're misanthropic, the "one less person" argument. If they think women should be paid equally, they don't apply that in the gaming industry, which they viciously gatekeep and try to keep women out of. And I've seen them actually argue for legislation designed to keep SJWs out of gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    Well, that explains why you'd take GamerGate claims at face value, and I'm sure there are lots of people like you. But how do even survive? Like, literally, how do you not die, walking around in the world and credulously taking everyone at their word? I'm amazed you haven't gotten lured into a "Free Candy" van yet.
    There is a difference between saying "I think X person believes in what they say they do." and what you are suggesting. If someone said to me they are the son of God without a smug face, I might think they do think they are the son of God, but that does not mean, "I think X is the son of God."

For most of these people I don't think they see themselves as anti-woman. They routinely compare the atrocities women face in the third world as legitimate feminist targets, and dismiss 'first world' feminism for being petty. I do think that this groups refusal to recognize problems women face in modern nations is a problem, but this doesn't necessarily mean they don't believe men and woman are not equal.

Most of them are just for abortion because they're misanthropic, the "one less person" argument. If they think women should be paid equally, they don't apply that in the gaming industry, which they viciously gatekeep and try to keep women out of. And I've seen them actually argue for legislation designed to keep SJWs out of gaming.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

BANNED

BANNED

There is a difference between saying "I think X person believes in what they say they do." and what you are suggesting. If someone said to me they are the son of God without a smug face, I might think they do think they are the son of God, but that does not mean, "I think X is the son of God."

For most of these people I don't think they see themselves as anti-woman. They routinely compare the atrocities women face in the third world as legitimate feminist targets, and dismiss 'first world' feminism for being petty. I do think that this groups refusal to recognize problems women face in modern nations is a problem, but this doesn't necessarily mean they don't believe men and woman are not equal.
    That doesn't mean they're feminists, or that they care about the third world. That just means they're using a tired old deflection topic that pops up when anyone brings up any social issue. Find a bigger problem and use it to shame the person who brings the original issue up into being quiet. The "How can you worry about this when there's world hunger?" tactic. Telling someone to go fix the problems of the third world before they can talk about problems here is ridiculous and a transparent attempt to quash things they don't like to hear.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Well might as well add this to the list of things NRA wants to defend: consumption of dogs and cats. Pennsylvania was currently working on a bill to ban the consumption of these animals in a bill when someone snuck in an add-on about trying to ban pigeon shots. They claimed that they are a time honor tradition and banning them would a be "slippery slope".

So... yeah... Colbert Report also covered it.

Also, this article from ThinkProgress: Kentucky GOP's campaign mailers are deciding to invoke 9-11 by saying the law that the Democrat runner sponsored for driver's licensees for illegal immigrants will lead to terrorist attacks. ...I got nothing.
    Last edited by InformationGeek; 10-31-2014 at 06:18 PM.

In less stupid, actual news, news. A Virgin Galactic flight went down today. Killing one pilot, injuring another, and reminding us all that space flight is fucking dangerous. We really need to give funding back to NASA.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/1...n_6083818.html

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Well might as well add this to the list of things NRA wants to defend: consumption of dogs and cats. Pennsylvania was currently working on a bill to ban the consumption of these animals in a bill when someone snuck in an add-on about trying to ban pigeon shots. They claimed that they are a time honor tradition and banning them would a be "slippery slope".

So... yeah... Colbert Report also covered it.

Also, this article from ThinkProgress: Kentucky GOP's campaign mailers are deciding to invoke 9-11 by saying the law that the Democrat runner sponsored for driver's licensees for illegal immigrants will lead to terrorist attacks. ...I got nothing.
    Just saw breaking news that the Grimes campaign is already suing the McConnell Campaign in Kentucky because of mailers that are quite obviously a blatant attempt at voter suppression.

The implication of the letter included with them sent by McConnell is that they've committed some crime in election law, and if they show up to vote, will face legal consequences and hope people are dumb enough to believe it and stay home.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Justin Bourque, who killed three RCMP officers in Moncton, NB in June has been sentenced to life without parole for 75 years.

This is the longest sentence in Canadian history and the harshest since abolition of the death penalty. Bourque will be 99 when he'll first be eligible for parole.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Just saw breaking news that the Grimes campaign is already suing the McConnell Campaign in Kentucky because of mailers that are quite obviously a blatant attempt at voter suppression.

The implication of the letter included with them sent by McConnell is that they've committed some crime in election law, and if they show up to vote, will face legal consequences and hope people are dumb enough to believe it and stay home.
    That's straight up despicable.

And he'll win anyway. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Hopkins View Post
    That's straight up despicable.

And he'll win anyway. Sigh.
    Oh brother. That's a piece of work, that is.

I realize I mentioned Moldbug, but that's an obscure enough reference that some of you might not know who and what that is, here is a lovely takedown and description of this far right, reactionary subset. You'll see an interesting relations, I think, to the whole GamerGate controversy as well.

http://www.thebaffler.com/blog/mouth...-machiavellis/

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. What I want to know is, were taxpayer dollars used in this revolting scam? If so, could McConnell face criminal charges?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting. What I want to know is, were taxpayer dollars used in this revolting scam? If so, could McConnell face criminal charges?
    You know McConnell will just turtle shrug and say he had no idea it was being mailed out, an blame it on a staffer. And even they might not face jail time.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.