Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well since i'm in houston right now and my street is underwater
    Sorry to hear, I hope you and your property remain in tact and safe enough.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Here's a hint:
    The new thing among some Bernie supporters is to ask people if they're "Labor Progressives" or "Identity Progressives."

That's basically them saying that minority issues should be on the back burner because they don't really care about minority pain.
    I...can't even figure out what that's supposed to mean...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Here's a hint:
    The new thing among some Bernie supporters is to ask people if they're "Labor Progressives" or "Identity Progressives."

That's basically them saying that minority issues should be on the back burner because they don't really care about minority pain.
    they never did, at least its out in the open

I swear, during the election, I got more stick from Bernie supporters than any other group out there

if only I would listen to the old white man, because he clearly knows better

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I...can't even figure out what that's supposed to mean...
    Only white people count as "working class."

BANNED

Yes Hilary is going to get more votes when there is a higher population. I swear some of you need to take statistics again.

You have to look at the percentage when dealing with population statistics. That is like 101.

And we say put economic issues first so you can trick the racist/sexist/homophobic into voting democratic so we can win, then can implement those plans in a gridlock way they can't overturn.

Quit playing checkers, play chess.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Doesn't everyone like to remind that he caucused with the Dems like forever? Yes, his old white man thing might have helped, but he caucused with the Dems and had a very resonate message.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Sorry to hear, I hope you and your property remain in tact and safe enough.
    I'll take this to mean "Screw your overloaded septic, Dalak!" then.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Hey! You know I'm here for you. Wishing you, master of read and everyone else in the area that they stay safe. Property damage is bad, loss of life is even worse.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Looking back I just saw it wasn't just your friend that was affected, but you as well. I seriously do hope you and your property are ok. I live in an area where we don't get any real type of severe weather/natural disasters, so I can only imagine the fear and anxiety it generates. If my comics or DVDs were in jeopardy, I would go berserk in petty selfish fear.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-27-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    they never did, at least its out in the open

I swear, during the election, I got more stick from Bernie supporters than any other group out there

The old white man that had more credibility in advancing POC interests than anybody running?

Maybe its just me... But doesn't George W Bush look completely reasonable compared to whats going on now?

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Hey! You know I'm here for you. Wishing you, master of read and everyone else in the area that they stay safe. Property damage is bad, loss of life is even worse.
    Oh yes, I can't agree with that enough.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Looking back I just saw it wasn't just your friend that was affected, but you as well. I seriously do hope you and your property are ok. I live in an area where we don't get any real type of severe weather, so I can only imagine the fear and anxiety it generates. If my comics or DVDs were in jeopardy, I would go berserk in selfish fear.
    I was teasing hence the smiley, but thanks for this nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonspider89 View Post
    Yes Hilary is going to get more votes when there is a higher population. I swear some of you need to take statistics again.

You have to look at the percentage when dealing with population statistics. That is like 101.

And we say put economic issues first so you can trick the racist/sexist/homophobic into voting democratic so we can win, then can implement those plans in a gridlock way they can't overturn.

Quit playing checkers, play chess.
    The Democrats were already the party of the Klan once upon a time, a stink they still haven't been able to completely wipe off. Mostly because the GOP and the Klan itself take great pleasure in undermining the Dems by reminding everyone. I don't think chess is the right metaphor, chess requires 2 sides both playing by the same rules. I say we treat it more like whack-a-mole, just just grab a hammer and knock that **** back down whenever it pops up until you win enough tickets to afford the giant novelty lava lamp...and I've sort of lost where this analogy was going...

As Hurricane Harvey’s Aftermath Slams Texas, Trump Tweets A Storm Of Self-Congratulations And Grievances
    Trump brags about the response to the storm, in between other missives and even as massive flooding threatens Texas.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009