Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Duncan Hunter would also be the Congressman most famous for vaping during a Congressional hearing. If anyone knows an ***hole when he sees one, it's that ***hole.
    He had a fair point that whether a device has nicotine has nothing to do with aviation safety.

http://thehill.com/policy/transporta...mittee-meeting
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm sure they're gonna head right into those disaster areas to get an unfiltered picture.

And then they'll pass out soup or something.
    Sunglasses on in the pouring rain, and wearing stilettos (Jimmy Choos? Louboutins?) to boot. Oh, yeah, standard operating attire for ladling soup to the folks flooded out of their homes. Melania sure does has everything down pat. Yeah, she gets it. (said with tongue in cheek)
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 08-29-2017 at 09:15 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    A multiple-count domestic abuser who made a several million dollar pay day beating up a homophobic racist this weekend. *shrug*
    When you spin it that way, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to let wife-beaters and bigots slap each other senseless in a ring.

Just so long as they don't get paid for it.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

I'm sure they're gonna head right into those disaster areas to get an unfiltered picture.

Why do Americans wear those oversized sunglasses they don't look good on anyone.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...46662978166785

Obama is now standing in a puddle acting like a President--give me a break.
    There's ALWAYS a tweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormel View Post
    When you spin it that way, it doesn't sound like a bad idea to let wife-beaters and bigots slap each other senseless in a ring.

Just so long as they don't get paid for it.
    Pay-per-view sales have been lagging recently...
    I wonder if we can get one of those Roman Colosseums.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Why do Americans wear those oversized sunglasses they don't look good on anyone.
    Women with husbands like that usually wear then to hide domestic abuse.

Yesterday, there was a comment on twitter on something stupid President Trump allegedly said about Russia and Finland. James Oliphant, a White House correspondent for Reuters, posted the following.

Trump said Russia and Finland have gotten along for “a hundred years.” The USSR invaded Finland in 1939.
    The tweet has been retweeted 8,185 times and liked 16,535 as of the writing of this blog post.

My family’s rather sensitive to stupid things that President Trump has said about Russia, because of the stakes involving Estonia, where my mother as well as my father’s parents are from. We were pissed off at Trump for saying something so historically illiterate.

However, the transcript suggests he was making a different point. This came just after he mixed up two female Finnish reporters.

Q Mr. President Trump, what kind of role do you see as Finland having in the U.S.-Russia relations? Do you think Finland could be of assistance, helping U.S. get better relations with Russia?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Well, I hope that we do have good relations with Russia. I say it loud and clear, I’ve been saying it for years: I think it’s a good thing if we have great relationships, or at least good relationships with Russia. That’s very important, and I believe someday that will happen. It’s a big country, it’s a nuclear country, it’s a country that we should get along with, and I think we will eventually get along with Russia.

Finland is respected by Russia. Finland has been free of Russia, really — just about one of the few countries in the region that has been — for 100 years. And Russia has a lot of respect for Finland, so that’s always good. But I think Finland is doing fine with Russia, and I hope that the United States will someday be able to have a very good relationship with Russia also. I think that’s very good for world peace and for other things.

Thank you.
    The video (about 27 minutes in) confirms that the transcript hasn’t been edited.

Obviously, saying that Finland is free of Russia for 100 years, is different from saying they’ve gotten along for 100 years. This criticism of Trump is based on something a reporter heard incorrectly. So far, it hasn’t been corrected.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    So far, it hasn’t been corrected.
    And don't hold your breath waiting for it to be corrected either.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    And don't hold your breath waiting for it to be corrected either.
    Might hold your breath on whoever did the reporting doubling down on it, though.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

The Mexican James Bond Guapo Méndez's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    As soon as you explain why Obama commuted the sentence of an unrepentant Oscar Lopez Rivera (who admitted committing every act with which he was charged, also attempted a jailbreak), a member of a radical Puerto Rican independence group responsible for more than 130 bombings (killing 6 people and injuring many more), then maybe I will explain why Trump pardoned an 85 yr old US careered public servant convicted of the very high crime of misdemeanor contempt of court and whose reputation has been obliterated and he is in financial and civil legal distress, forced to ask for donations to pay his immense legal fees. In fact, I won't, because I explained it enough.
    35 years in prison.
    Pardoned before sentencing.

See the difference?

BANNED

oh whatever

People still think Obama is a Muslim and was responsible for Hurricane Katrina

I don't care if he's misquoted

hammer him every day and night

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Obviously, saying that Finland is free of Russia for 100 years, is different from saying they’ve gotten along for 100 years. This criticism of Trump is based on something a reporter heard incorrectly. So far, it hasn’t been corrected.
    Mets, while I understand this might be an issue to some but Finland wasn't free of Russia for 100 years either so even the corrected quote is still wrong. This situation seems to me like a kid in an elementary school class getting a line wrong in a book, and when some other kid makes a stupid joke about it (That's of course wrong too) the first kid makes himself look stupider by responding wrong again while seeming indignant.

Welcoming Haitian refugees to Canada isn’t about generosity but justice

The minders of Canadian PM Justin Trudeau’s brand are surely displeased. He’s spent two years cultivating an image of Canada’s refugee system as the political equivalent of airport hugs and teddy-bears. And now the pressure is on him to act like that were remotely the truth.

The image of the country as a welcome haven was pitched to win the support of millions of people in Canada who rightly feel two things: compassion for the plight of refugees and disgust for the antics of Donald Trump. But refugee rights advocates had warned what would come to pass: desperate people would take Trudeau at his word.

Hence an influx of thousands of Haitian refugees from the United States—afraid of being deported back to Haiti by Trump—now await an uncertain fate in Canada. The Liberal government may have been happy to reap the political benefits of Trudeau’s PR posture. But apart from accepting a small number of Syrian refugees, they have dumped hundreds back in Haiti since they lifted a ban on deportations to the country in 2016. And they have studiously avoided removing other barriers that would make Canada a truly welcoming country.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Might hold your breath on whoever did the reporting doubling down on it, though.
    Enemies of the American people, amiright?