It is simply hysterical that people who convicted the Clintons for crimes never committed and Email non-issues, want to exonerate Arpaio for his numerous heinous acts because the State was too cowardly to go after him.
    What he did is not in dispute.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This is why Trump will not resign. He doesn't like the job of being President, but he does like that as President, he is not only the center of attention, he is the center of EVERYONE'S attention.
    Yep. People wishing he would just go away or that he will somehow experience shame and leave should take note of this.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    well, got our internet back. we are still alive.
    Glad to hear. Any sign that the flood waters will start to recede soon? Or is that wishful thinking?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He hasn't been prosecuted, let alone convicted, for any of that.
    I dunno... it almost seems like you're defending him.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It is simply hysterical that people who convicted the Clintons
    No, people wanted things properly investigated and they considered things and investigations for the purpose of choosing people campaigning for public office.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Or he is merely reminding some of our principles of criminal law.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 08-30-2017 at 10:04 AM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Do you guys think this is the 1st time Russia has influenced one of our elections? Do we ever try to influence theirs?
    I can tell you that we aren't the only country. I believe Germany has also experienced their interference in more than one election. There are likely more.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post

Or he is merely reminding some of our principles of criminal law.
    Perhaps someone should've educated Arpaio on those principles before handing him the keys to the concentration camp.

Follow up question: How does banning transgered people from the military serve to "Make America Great Again?"
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 08-30-2017 at 10:32 AM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Glad to hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    This is why Trump will not resign. He doesn't like the job of being President, but he does like that as President, he is not only the center of attention, he is the center of EVERYONE'S attention.
    So this is what it's like to see America trapped in a bad marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    I can tell you that we aren't the only country. I believe Germany has also experienced their interference in more than one election. There are likely more.
    There has definitely been meddling in other countries.

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/...330-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    That's a very worrisome response.

Adherence to legal principles is essential, especially for Democrats, since Republicans control so much of the government (the executive branch, the House, the Senate, 32 state legislatures, 34 Governors' mansions.) If it becomes morally acceptable to stretch the law to go after a figure on the right, that ability can be used by shady conservatives in ways that neither of us will like.

As for whether it sounds like I'm defending Arpaio, I'm not. I'm considering the implications of a stated policy preference. I think a problem in current political discourse is the focus on signalling rather than substance. One of the best arguments for Trump is that while he may be inaccurate, he signals well to disaffected conservatives. A preference for political tribalism will serve to retroactively make his statements more acceptable, by bringing others down to his level, losing some of the best arguments against an otherwise vulnerable political figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    It is simply hysterical that people who convicted the Clintons for crimes never committed and Email non-issues, want to exonerate Arpaio for his numerous heinous acts because the State was too cowardly to go after him.
    What he did is not in dispute.
    As far as I know this particular line of thought on Arpaio is relatively obscure, so I am unaware of anyone who convicted the Clintons for crimes never committed and simultaneously wants to exonerate Arpaio.

If the state hasn't gone after him, there is no need to exonerate him.

We do have a legal system that requires convictions for punishment rather than determining without a trial that something is not in dispute.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Perhaps someone should've educated Arpaio on those principles before handing him the keys to the concentration camp.

Follow up question: How does banning transgered people from the military serve to "Make America Great Again?"
    Well, that transgender ban was just rile up his base and piss off his opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    He hasn't been prosecuted, let alone convicted, for any of that.
    I mean, if you've paid out 9 figures worth of lawsuits, it's more like an OJ style "Totally guilty but still not guilty" kind of situation.

BANNED

yay good to hear it man

was worried about ya

[QUOTE=Mister Mets;3055326]

As far as I know this particular line of thought on Arpaio is relatively obscure, so I am unaware of anyone who convicted the Clintons for crimes never committed and simultaneously wants to exonerate Arpaio.

[QUOTE]

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Haha, perfect response.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Yep. People wishing he would just go away or that he will somehow experience shame and leave should take note of this.
    and lets say he does resign

he will spin it as "he tried and did everything he could, but the establishment wouldn't let him"

and his supporters will still revere him and hate everyone in DC