Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Other police officers, sadly. Who feel justified in the use of force.
    I mean which agency?

https://twitter.com/KamalaHarris/sta...38663457689605

"I intend to co-sponsor the Medicare for All bill because it’s just the right thing to do."

https://twitter.com/SenSanders/statu...40525946814466

"Thank you @KamalaHarris for your support. Let's make health care a right, not a privilege."

Not that I'm expecting this to go anywhere with a Republican Congress and Republican President in power. Still, actions like this are important because they do energize the base.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Other police officers, sadly. Who feel justified in the use of force.
    There are some jobs that are, by their very nature, dangerous.

Charted: The 20 deadliest jobs in America

Police rank not far from the bottom of this list. Yet Self Defense is almost always used as an excuse for police violence.

I don't want to see anyone killed, but honestly if Police Officer are so reluctant to place their lives on the line, maybe they should find safer jobs. So many others are taking jobs that are far more dangerous.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    There are some jobs that are, by their very nature, dangerous.

Charted: The 20 deadliest jobs in America

Police rank not far from the bottom of this list. Yet Self Defense is almost always used as an excuse for police violence.

I don't want to see anyone killed, but honestly if Police Officer are so reluctant to place their lives on the line, maybe they should find safer jobs. So many others are taking jobs that are far more dangerous.
    Police are still in the top twenty, and do appear to be in a profession several times more dangerous than average. They're also #2 in on the job homicide victims, and part of the reason they're not likelier to die may be their training for dangerous situations.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Trump's latest dumb fucking debacle was his pardon of Sheriff racist Joe. Well Trump thought he could clap his hands and say PARDON and that no one would say a thing. Well an Arizona judge is having a hearing and is wanting the Justice Department to argue why Joe doesn't have to be sentenced in court. The state will argue why he deserves a sentence. Expect this to get very public as Trump has to publicly have his Justice Department argue why a racist **** doesn't need to go to jail for crimes he committed.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post

"I intend to co-sponsor the Medicare for All bill because it’s just the right thing to do."
    It is becoming progressively more clear to me that Kamala Harris wants to make a go of it in 2020. This prevents people like Warren from attacking her credentials in the primary as an actual progressive while enabling her to put her name on something that the base really likes. In all honesty, I think I'd like her headlining the ticket. She seems like a consensus candidate for the Democratic Party. Progressive enough to get Sanders' hardliners to agree to give her a shot but open enough to compromise and working with people who have different views that she could potentially get a lot a done while in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Police are still in the top twenty, and do appear to be in a profession several times more dangerous than average. They're also #2 in on the job homicide victims, and part of the reason they're not likelier to die may be their training for dangerous situations.
    I still think it is unfortunate that the rules for engagement are more strenuous for military personnel fighting overseas than for police officers at home. I understand that it is a dangerous profession but there is no reason that kids like Tamir Rice should've been killed in two seconds flat without at least trying to de-escalate the situation. There has to be some room for improvement so that things like what happened there NEVER happen again.
    Last edited by TheDarman; 08-30-2017 at 08:36 PM.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

God, that's just awful.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    It is becoming progressively more clear to me that Kamala Harris wants to make a go of it in 2020. This prevents people like Warren from attacking her credentials in the primary as an actual progressive while enabling her to put her name on something that the base really likes. In all honesty, I think I'd like her headlining the ticket. She seems like a consensus candidate for the Democratic Party. Progressive enough to get Sanders' hardliners to agree to give her a shot but open enough to compromise and working with people who have different views that she could potentially get a lot a done while in office.

I still think it is unfortunate that the rules for engagement are more strenuous for military personnel fighting overseas than for police officers at home. I understand that it is a dangerous profession but there is no reason that kids like Tamir Rice should've been killed in two seconds flat without at least trying to de-escalate the situation. There has to be some room for improvement so that things like what happened there NEVER happen again.
    There is a morally defensible argument that the tradeoffs aren't worth it in the ways police officers currently defend themselves, and that we should accept a higher rate of police deaths in exchange for a lower rate of casualties, although I do not see any successful political figure openly advocating for this.

There can be some changes on the margins to avoid the most egregious cases of police violence, but that might not have a significant effect.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How much has billionaire Trump donated to Harvey relief?
    My wife and I were speculating as to whether he'd be buying up post-disaster property on the cheap.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Since we're talking about cops murdering folks, this has understandably been overlooked due to the disaster happening in Texas, but yeeeeeaaah...

https://twitter.com/10TV/status/902334994156326912

BANNED

"Thank you @KamalaHarris for your support. Let's make health care a right, not a privilege."

Not that I'm expecting this to go anywhere with a Republican Congress and Republican President in power. Still, actions like this are important because they do energize the base.

Thank you Miss Harris. Great start.

BANNED

Since we are on the Cops kinda suck right now train...

She's definitely eyeing 2020. This was a step in the right direction for her as some of her biggest detractors have been from the far left, aka the "Bernie Bros". She's seen as a friend to Wall Street and while she was Distrinct Attorney she opposed private investigations of police officers. If she starts calling for tuition free college she will convert a few more of them.

I have mixed feeling about her. On one hand she's incredibly intelligent and capable but you also have to consider her electability. 2016 proved that there are still a lot of people in this country afraid of a woman being in charge. As a woman of color she will have an even tougher road. But then again I never thought the US would be open minded enough to elect an African American man named Barack Hussein Obama. Since 9/11 the Republicans have been wiping this country into a xenophobic frenzy (which Trump rode into office). George W. Bush's presidency was so horrible people in the Swing States were willing to give Barack a chance. If the first 6 months of Drumpf are any indication the country will be in much worse shape by 2020. so maybe she will be the breath of fresh air we need.
    Last edited by Robotman; 08-31-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Chemical Plant Near Houston Reportedly Explodes

Flooding swamped backup generators, and volatile chemicals are getting warm enough to ignite. “There’s no way to prevent it,” the CEO said.

Judge Blocks Texas Immigration Crackdown

An injunction prevents a state law banning so-called sanctuary cities from taking effect. Mango Mussolini won't like that.

White House Quietly Removes Sexual Assault Report From Website

The report was published in 2014 under the Obama administration. Well, there's your answer as to why it was removed.

With Ivanka Trump’s Blessing, White House Ditches Equal Pay Rule

The Obama-era provision was meant to help address the gender pay gap that the president’s daughter has claimed to care about. I beg to differ, Ms. Complicit was only paying lip service on that issue, if she ever gave a damn about it from the start.

GOP Rep Tells Black Attorney She May ‘Go Missing’ For Protesting Confederate Statues

“If that’s representative of what people in south Georgia think, then yikes,” says the former state representative. What the **** is this ****?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    She's definitely eyeing 2020. This was a step in the right direction for her as some of her biggest detractors have been from the far left, aka the "Bernie Bros". She's seen as a friend to Wall Street and while she was Distrinct Attorney she opposed private investigations of police officers. If she starts calling for tuition free college she will convert a few more of them.
    That's the one thing that I wish really, really wasn't on that list.

Even if you have a pretty good "Well, but..." that situation is not getting a whole lot better. Shoot, just look above this post.