Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    So you agree that America should just make it quicker for the suffering North Koreans by committing the complete genocide that Trump suggested?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So you agree that America should just make it quicker for the suffering North Koreans by committing the complete genocide that Trump suggested?
    To Trump's minor credit, and it's the only time I will probably ever say that, I don't think he wants that to be the outcome. I would presume he would like to avoid a conflict, on his terms, because a conflict like that wouldn't be good for anybody. He's just overzealous in stating he's prepared to take that step. I'm not really convinced that's a good approach...but I am no expert.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    The issue is that North Korea was for many years an acceptable evil that we tolerated because while it was a nightmare of human rights violations, it didn't effect the rest of the world because of how isolated they were. Now it does. It's very likely this ends badly

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    The issue is that North Korea was for many years an acceptable evil that we tolerated because while it was a nightmare of human rights violations, it didn't effect the rest of the world because of how isolated they were. Now it does. It's very likely this ends badly
    I mean besides testing nuclear weapons and scaring the shit out of the japanese and south koreans, NK still hasnt killed anyone.

My guess is that they are or at least with Obama, were expecting some kinda of deal just like the one from Iran.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I mean besides testing nuclear weapons and scaring the shit out of the japanese and south koreans, NK still hasnt killed anyone.

My guess is that they are or at least with Obama, were expecting some kinda of deal just like the one from Iran.
    It's more about the leverage the weapons give them. You can't treat them as nuisance in one small part of the workd, you have to deal with their crazy leader as a serious actor.

Nitpick: They did fuck up one of those people they held to the point that he died very shortly after being turned back to the US. I consider them responsible for his death at least.

Also NK kills tons of North Koreans every year.

BANNED

I mean besides testing nuclear weapons and scaring the shit out of the japanese and south koreans, NK still hasnt killed anyone...
    Other than a great many North-Koreans.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Nitpick: They did fuck up one of those people they held to the point that he died very shortly after being turned back to the US. I consider them responsible for his death at least.

Also NK kills tons of North Koreans every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Other than a great many North-Koreans.
    Ok sure the foreigners they are keeping in their jails and the poor north koreans who have to suffer because of the regime, still i find hard to justify a war because of it, but then again wars have been justify for less.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 09-20-2017 at 12:44 PM.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Supreme Leader Mitch says next week (...through his spokesman):
    “It is the Leader’s intention to consider Graham-Cassidy on the floor next week," said David Popp, a spokesman for Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.).

The remarks come after Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters that his bill with Sen. Bill Cassidy (R-La.) would be on the Senate floor next week.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...amacare-repeal

A bit indicative of some quantum of confidence if you're looking for tea leaves perhaps, because I think Mitch already said he wouldn't just put it to vote to fail again.

According to the University of Chicago economist, Casey Mulligan, the employer mandate has destroyed 250,000 jobs, and in addition has also incentivized employers to slash employee’s hours to keep them under ObamaCare’s 30 hours per week threshold:
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/how-man...ill-1499296604
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-20-2017 at 01:04 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    To Trump's minor credit, and it's the only time I will probably ever say that, I don't think he wants that to be the outcome. I would presume he would like to avoid a conflict, on his terms, because a conflict like that wouldn't be good for anybody. He's just overzealous in stating he's prepared to take that step. I'm not really convinced that's a good approach...but I am no expert.
    You could be right. Hell, I pray you're right. However, the cynic in me suggests that if Trump's poll numbers drop again, then all bets, including Armageddon are off.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

It's not nuke or nothing with NK, all sorts of options and the anticipated reactions to them are not fully clear. And if Kim is sane and rational and somewhat/partially feigning madman, that might be his biggest weakness in trying to "win" all this (as far as he sees it).
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-20-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Christie says he opposes Graham-Cassidy bill

http://www.politico.com/states/new-j...nt-bill-114611

“I oppose Graham-Cassidy because it is too injurious to the people of New Jersey,” Christie told reporters standing outside an addiction treatment center in Somerset County. “I’m certainly not going to support a bill that takes nearly $4 billion from people in the state.”

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

It's not nuke or nothing with NK, all sorts of options and the anticipated reactions to them are not fully clear. And if Kim is sane and rational and somewhat feigning madman, that might be his biggest weakness in trying to win all this.
    Two hours ago, you posted a story about how Kim ordered dissidents blown to bits with anti-aircraft guns. You tell me, is that something a sane man would do? Sadism is one thing, and Kim is notorious for same, but that party ramped things up to levels unknown. Who's to say he is rational?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Two hours ago, you posted a story about how Kim ordered dissidents blown to bits with anti-aircraft guns. You tell me, is that something a sane man would do? Sadism is one thing, and Kim is notorious for same, but that party ramped things up to levels unknown. Who's to say he is rational?
    Yea, it's definitely something I'm sure experts have a clearer view on one way or another. Top secret (surveillance-informed) profiles and reports on him and such.

(also, Kim knows he's spied on, so the US intel community will analyze if he stages any of his evil acts to confuse such analysis of him)
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 09-20-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Yea, it's definitely something I'm sure experts have a clearer view on one way or another. Top secret (surveillance-informed) profiles and reports on him and such.
    "I'll wait till Fox News tells me what to think!"

Come on Batman, you can answer the softball question.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium