Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Huh? ¯\_(ツ)_/
    Democrats don't know how to take a win. They look for things to complain about. You have prominent Trump supporter publicly turning on him and you can't just take the win. It just alienates potential allies and makes people not want to fully join your side. Democrats put wat too many qualifiers and strings on things.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Democrats don't know how to take a win. They look for things to complain about. You have prominent Trump supporter publicly turning on him and you can't just take the win. It just alienates potential allies and makes people not want to fully join your side. Democrats put wat too many qualifiers and strings on things.
    It's not a win, he still supports Trump and his agenda.

And if you want to see purity tests, look no further than the GOP.

Dems lose because a majority of votes no longer means winning elections.
    Last edited by Kirby101; 09-24-2017 at 11:13 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member

It's not a win, he still supports Trump and his agenda.
    No it is. You don't think Republicans would eat it up and use it to their advantage if one of Hillary Clinton had a supporter publically call her out and attack her? It's a win. Democrats don't have any branch of government. They need every tiny bit of support or pressure against Trump they can get. They don't need people going "well but" on everything. Democrats have this uncanny ability to be absolutely correct and still alienate people away from them

Church in Antioch TN. 1 death, several injured. Too soon for determining cause of assault.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

No it is. You don't think Republicans would eat it up and use it to their advantage if one of Hillary Clinton had a supporter publically call her out and attack her? It's a win. Democrats don't have any branch of government. They need every tiny bit of support or pressure against Trump they can get. They don't need people going "well but" on everything. Democrats have this uncanny ability to be absolutely correct and still alienate people away from them
    I read his statement, he is supporting his players and is "disappointed" in Trump. I am sure he will still donate to Trump in 2020.
    I'll say it again, he thinks a tax cut for him and his rich friends is more important than what Trump AND the GOP are doing to this country.
    Screw him.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    You just proved that oversimplified thinking is the tool of the silly and helps nobody.
    Oversimplified thinking is what I've just opposed, even if you didn't get that.

As in, "I can try to guilt Republicans for the acts of their candidates, but the same rule doesn't apply to Dems."

So we should try to understand what Neo-Nazis think the Swatstika represents to them and not get all huffy about it being displayed, because, you know, brave German soldiers and all.
    Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates never will be the exact same thing, no matter how many pundits want it to be the truth.

What are the other two reasons, then?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

I'm going to have to take a picture the next time I see a guy on a motorcycle that flies the ol' Bars and Stars and wears a Nazi war helmet.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Oversimplified thinking is what I've just opposed, ."
    It's adorable that you think that is what you did there.

Bonus points if you are considering it a "gotcha" moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Neo-Nazis and Neo-Confederates never will be the exact same thing, no matter how many pundits want it to be the truth.
    Yeah, one are white supremacists who hate Jews, the othe white supremacists who hate black people.

What does the Confederacy represent in this country that we should honor it!

What overrides treason and fighting to keep slavery.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

George Clooney rips Trump for criticizing the "Coastal Elites"

Daily Beast: Trump has been stoking this culture war between “coastal elites” and Middle America—the irony of course being that Trump himself is a “coastal elite.”*

Here’s the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I sold ladies’ shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to make ties so I’d have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years. So this idea that I’m somehow the “Hollywood elite” and this guy who takes a **** in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable
    People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of “coastal elites” living in a bubble is ridiculous. Who lives in a bigger bubble? He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company. He doesn’t run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes care of. He ran a company of twelve people! When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have to get them moving in the same direction. He’s never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I laugh when I see him say “Hollywood elite.” Hollywood elite? I don’t have a star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood Boulevard! F*** you[FONT=Georgia]!
    This is very true. I can only come up with a few Hollywood performers that were born into wealth. Dina Merrill was part of the Merriweather/Post family of Post cereals and her family owned Mar a Lago when Trump bought it (remind me to post the story about that one). Julia Louis-Dreyfus is part of the French Dreyfus family that owns a commodities and shipping conglomerate. She could have been just a trust fund baby living off the family's wealth.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-24-2017 at 12:05 PM.

I think we should not get caught up in the trollish 'Anti Confederate Bias' argument again, nor get caught up in self-described liberals going on about how only the Democrat-Liberals 'Yes but' or otherwise cause problems on the progressive side of things considering the infighting of the last year+.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    George Clooney rips Trump for criticizing the "Coastal Elites"
    Is that the right tack for Rosemary Clooney's nephew?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The "it's adorable" schtick is, like, so ten years ago.

It's so hoary, they don't even bother with it in Debate 101.