Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Nobody asked you to honor it.

Just allow others the freedom of self-expression.
    They do have the freedom.

Just like we have the freedom to express our displeasure.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

We got ourselves in upset here. Word is Ted Cruz is not supporting this healthcare bill. Oooooh, Trump is going to blow his lid even more.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    We got ourselves in upset here. Word is Ted Cruz is not supporting this healthcare bill. Oooooh, Trump is going to blow his lid even more.
    You managed to alienate the conservative wing of the party AND the more moderate wing of the party? How did you screw this bill up this badly?
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

What is this i am hearing that about Trump putting Venezuela on a travel ban.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post
    You managed to alienate the conservative wing of the party AND the more moderate wing of the party? How did you screw this bill up this badly?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    What is this i am hearing that about Trump putting Venezuela on a travel ban.
    Yep. That just happened. It includes Chad, Iran, Libya, North Korea, Somalia, Syria, Venezuela and Yemen.

Why Chad of all places?!

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    There's no disconnect because most "Alabama idjits" don't see their regard for the Confederacy as embodying treason against the current administration.

It's only "treason" in the current narrative that seeks to find facile excuses for attacking the monuments.

Test-question #45 in the Mind-Reading Course: How do liberals prove that, even if it were clearly evident that the monuments were erected to intimidate black people, this remains the modern context in which modern Southerners see them?
    You don't have to prove it. The fact is that these monuments weren't intended to celebrate their "Southern culture". They were intended to be a gigantic middle finger to the Civil Rights movement. Unlike other monuments, like for Thomas Jefferson and Lincoln, their intent wasn't simply to memorialize a leader or demonstrate pride in something. And, frankly, these men shouldn't be celebrated. They waged an open war against the United States of America to protect the institution of slavery. It's actually even worse than it sounds--they fought against the United States not because Lincoln threatened to take away slavery from the states it already existed in but because he wouldn't let it expand beyond that. The people that fought for the Confederacy aren't heroes to be memorialized and I sincerely can't think of a single context that Southerners would use them for that would override that very clear con.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Whenever I start to let this sink in that this might be a new normal, I think about how Fox News would've reacted had Obama had these many consistent, and public, failures in his administration. It becomes clear to me that this isn't normal and that he should have nowhere near the support he currently does.
    With Great Power, Comes Great Responsibility

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Report: Kushner Used Private Email Account For White House Business

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

But her emails!!! If she didn't have an email issue, they would have manufactured another bogus probblem for her. And the lap dog media would have kept it alive. Don't expect to hear much about this though. IOKIYAR.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarman View Post

Whenever I start to let this sink in that this might be a new normal, I think about how Fox News would've reacted had Obama had these many consistent, and public, failures in his administration. It becomes clear to me that this isn't normal and that he should have nowhere near the support he currently does.
    Have you read Ta-Nehisi Coate's 'The First White President'?

MOTHERTRUCKER! they havent done anything, most if not all the terrorist in that region are in Colombia and even that, the Colombian goverment is still having peace with one of their terror groups, just after the succesful peace agreement with the FARC, hell i would understand putting Venezuela on a list of countries that are not recommend for american to fly since that is what the U.S goverment did to Colombia in the 80-90 by banning people from Venezuela, that doesnt make sense, he should ban the people in the Maduro goverment to travel to Venezuela, no the whole country.

I just told the news to my friend who hopefully is flying soon to Florida to his dad place so he can start his studies in an university there and he hopes that the ban isnt apply before he goes there

It's all about reinforcing the Muslim ban by claiming 'see we banned these other countries so it's not a religious test'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    It's all about reinforcing the Muslim ban by claiming 'see we banned these other countries so it's not a religious test'.
    After reading a little bit more the ban only target the Venezuela leadership and their families, pew that is better, i should be tell my friend so he does not worry.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.49be3e68d98f

And yes i agree with banning the leadership, if they are going to travel to states it must only for extradiction to an american jail.

In fact, until this whole controversy, the TV networks would often cut to commercial during the national anthem. So please tell me, how are beer commercials honoring the flag? Is it because Budweiser has red, white and blue as its colors?
    Last edited by Malvolio; 09-24-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
    President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense
    6:09 AM - Oct 8, 2013

There's always a tweet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Report: Kushner Used Private Email Account For White House Business

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

But her emails!!! If she didn't have an email issue, they would have manufactured another bogus probblem for her. And the lap dog media would have kept it alive. Don't expect to hear much about this though. IOKIYAR.
    It was a fabricated issue. If she had used the proper government email - which got attacked by hackers - they would have asked why she wasn't as savvy as General Powell and used a private email account.