Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Since you had to assume I said 'all black people' to get your GOTCHA! moment, I fine you 3 internets and reiterate that modern people do still feel the same about it. You didn't ask for all people, nor did I mention 'all' anything.

<insert Lol_Troll_Fail.gif of choice here>
    Your phrase "modern black people" implies a totality.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Wolf View Post
    At the expense of African slaves.
    Implied in my next phrase, "regardless of (one) source of that prosperity."

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Did anyone really articulate scaring black people as one of the reasons for the monuments? One explanation I've heard is that it coincided with the disappearance of the Civil War, one of the defining events of American history, from living memory. Southerners have some BS myths about it, but that would suggest their reasons for honoring it are related to that rather than something that requires acknowledging the evil of it.
    It would be nice to know who first circulated the idea of "monuments as mind-control."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    It would be nice to know who first circulated the idea of "monuments as mind-control."
    not mind control

INTIMIDATION

http://www.history.com/news/how-the-...rate-monuments

“Eventually they started to build [Confederate] monuments,” he says. “The vast majority of them were built between the 1890s and 1950s, which matches up exactly with the era of Jim Crow segregation.” According to the Southern Poverty Law Center’s research, the biggest spike was between 1900 and the 1920s.

A guy named Chad wrote a nasty piece about Trump.
    Maybe he finally saw this meme.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    it says page not found to me :/

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Your phrase "modern black people" implies a totality.
    Only if you want to read it that way, it is admittedly vague but it should have been clear if you weren't trying to GOTCHA! with what you obviously considered a clever trick question. Anyway at least 3 have responded to you in the past on this board alone if you want to go back and look. That should be proof enough that they exist even for you, and it required as much thought to remember that as it did to realize your question's answer is 'Yes' even if one single person disagrees with you.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    it says page not found to me :/
    here's another

http://www.businessinsider.com/confe...history-2017-8

In the 150 years following the war, hundreds of Confederate monuments were been built in almost every state, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The nonprofit legal advocacy organization published a 2016 report that details the timeline of when states installed Confederate iconography (which it defines as statues, monuments, schools, parks, streets, and highways named after Confederate generals); the districts that celebrate Confederate-related holidays; the public buildings that feature Confederate flags; and the cities that issue commemorative license plates.

As you can see in the timeline below, the number of Confederate memorial installations peaked around 1910 — 50 years after the end of the Civil War and at the height of Jim Crow, an era defined by segregation and disenfranchisement laws against black Americans. Confederate installations spiked again in the 1950s and 1960s, during the Civil Rights Movement.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    The main thing they have is correlation. There isn't really any evidence that it was a reprisal, which would suggest a level of self-awareness lacking in most lost causers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Well NASCAR sided with the NFL.

As well as Dale.

Trump supporters are losing all their sports and entertainment.
    So, Dolt45 and the Lemmings lost the NFL, NBA, MLB and now NASCAR. Well, I guess they'll still have the NHL, mainly because three quarters of the players are Canadians and Europeans, none of whom are going to rock the boat.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    So, Dolt45 and the Lemmings lost the NFL, NBA, MLB and now NASCAR. Well, I guess they'll still have the NHL, mainly because three quarters of the players are Canadians and Europeans, none of whom are going to rock the boat.
    Dale Jr was basically to NASCAR "go ahead and TRY to do something to me or my team....see what happens"

BANNED

The main thing they have is correlation. There isn't really any evidence that it was a reprisal, which would suggest a level of self-awareness lacking in most lost causers.
    considering a lot of them were put up from 1900 on....again, I wouldn't consider it reprisal, but a continued campaign of intimidation of black people

because if there is one thing rednecks love more than shooting things, its making sure us black folk "know our place"

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    A certain orange someone is already embracing them https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...up-white-house

I eagerly await him calling Sidney Crosby a great American.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Yeah, the timing and people who were funding the building of those statues was probably just a total coincidence.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    A certain orange someone is already embracing them https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...up-white-house

I eagerly await him calling Sidney Crosby a great American.
    Mango Mussolini must be happier than a pig in slop that a sports team will visit him. Well, I already hate Crosby and the Pens (cross state rival here in Pennsylvania as I roll with the Flyers), so Trump can have them. Meanwhile, the only other championship team willing to accept a visit to the White House are the South Carolina women's squad, that would make Herr Gropenfuhrer giddy as hell because he'd have lady parts to grab.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!