Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    This is why the Mantra of Progressives having to act like Corporatists is wrong.
    Progressives are doing it right, going Local then moving up.

Progressive Challenger Elected Mayor Of Birmingham, Alabama
    With the support of national liberal groups, Randall Woodfin unseated a two-term incumbent.
    Woodfin is a good guy. Former Hillary Clinton campaign state director, so she naturally endorsed him early on.

36 and handsome... He could be going places far beyond mayor in decades to come.

BANNED

Thought I'd share this. Because I'm sick of Qualifiers and Privilege.

Quoting myself again just to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    Well when my father was having to apply for Disability in the years before he died, Cuellar was very helpful to us, as he was after Dad passed helping us get some financial & food assistance before we could get ourselves in order. Both times we had trouble we remembered that the Representatives are supposed to help with things like this (Dad was born mid WWII and lived on the wrong side of the tracks in Compton back in the 50's and that's how things were in those days) and after contacting his office they smoothed things out for us. In one case the organization wasn't going to help us due to a technicality but they wouldn't tell us and either he or one of his staffers were able to get it handled.

So yes there are some you should vote for, in some cases they might disagree with you on a big issue but that doesn't mean they aren't good people, or at least people who are trying to do what help they can.
    This is an underappreciated aspect of politics: constituent services. This gets ignored in a lot of larger discussions because it's something outsiders aren't aware of, the way they'd know about media appearances, political positions, or names on legislation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Woodfin is a good guy. Former Hillary Clinton campaign state director, so she naturally endorsed him early on.

36 and handsome... He could be going places far beyond mayor in decades to come.

Let's hope He can start something there. If he can get us some push down there on the local and state level. HIm being backed by lots of Liberal groups and Our Revolution helped. His campaigning for Clinton should give him some real world Experience. Wish him the best.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Drivel. In both cases Robertson is claiming that a vengeful God has punished both Haiti and Vegas. It doesn't matter what the sin is; it's the basic concept that's equivalent.
    Tone Deafness is amazing.

BANNED

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i honestly think pat robertson is the devil.

It's nice you can recognize your failings.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    It's nice you can recognize your failings.
    I have a lot of failings tis true. I can be angry, impatient, overly preachy, etc.

This is why Evangelicals and Fundamentalists of ALL religions are terrible people. ( a Large portion, not all) They take the book LITERALLY, and unlike Baptists where you MUST try to live a good life and help others, This group doesn't care. They act like they do, but they think they are forgiven, simply for becoming "Saved", any acts they do or commit is forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    No, just... NO.

He said Haiti deserved it because they practice voodoo.
    Unless you honestly think disrespecting Trump is akin to being a hougan?

I know you like false equivalencies, but damn, man.
    To Televangelicals both are a form of godlessness. Godlessness is the cause of every bad thing to those idiots, so I'm not sure if I'd really call comparing the two a false equivalency.

I have a lot of failings tis true. I can be angry, impatient, overly preachy, etc.

This is why Evangelicals and Fundamentalists of ALL religions are terrible people. ( a Large portion, not all) They take the book LITERALLY, and unlike Baptists where you MUST try to live a good life and help others, This group doesn't care. They act like they do, but they think they are forgiven, simply for becoming "Saved", any acts they do or commit is forgiven.
    OK, I thought your post was snark aimed at me. If it was only aimed at Pat Robertson, consider my remarks withdrawn.

BANNED

SAVE THE BEBEHS!!!!!
    Then when they get older, we'll strip their Healthcare and allow them to be murdered by High Powered Rifles, while we lie about Terrorism and our moronic Base will eat it up.

House Passes An Abortion Ban After Letting Children’s Health Program Expire
    The White House said the move will “facilitate a culture of life.”

BANNED

Thanks Manchin and McCaskill...

But PLEASE lets keep putting them back in power.

Would Republicans from West Virginia or Missouri have voted differently?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Astonishing Member

Throw the bums out.