Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

You know with that tragedy in Vegas recently , you'd think people would actually get behind better background checks and more. You know , more harder laws to try something. But in reading someones comical jab of , "That won't solve anything..." this is something they have done for years. Its also silly to read this article and know Nevada has such loose gun control laws and saying it should be tightened up better is like some dumb foreign language to folks.

https://www.salon.com/2017/10/02/nev...-control-laws/

I'm just so damn tired of people saying this for years and saying look...no one wants to take all the guns away and think murders will automatically stop. But the solution to not do anything hasn't worked for years and its time to fucking stop that nonsense.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    For the people who think Sanders is making the Womens Conference about him.

A) You're wrong!
    B) You need to ask Tamika Mallory why SHE, invited him and his Ego and Bros.

C) From the very same hit piece, Tami linked to.

http://www.newsweek.com/bernie-sande..._medium=Social

Just saying I get it, Old White Male, speaking about Women's issues, even when he helped fight with women his whole life. It's about HIS Ego.

/shrug.

Notice I gave up on throwing Bernie in here a lot, but you brought it up.
    I interacted with someone one Twitter who responded to a related Tweet I posted on this topic. He(?) mentioned Jill Stein, I gave him a list of women would be better suited to give an opening speech at a woman's conference, including Elizabeth Warren, and he shot down pretty much all of them because they weren't 'Progressive enough'. Tamika's reasoning is still way off, it only makes sense if you say that this Conference isn't about Women but about people who supported Bernie Sanders.

I think what we need is a Real Woman's Conference. One that isn't about how Liberal or Conservative you are, but on issues affecting ALL women in the country. A conference that supports and boots women up, gives them role models in other women who are active in politics and social issues, who have achieved success in business and science, who have ideas on how to improve conditions for all women.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    This is the same ridiculous logic that leads to people claiming that "rich" black athletes have no right to protest racial inequality.

As if a policeman's bullet has to go through your wallet first.

Or just because you've "made it", you shouldn't take a stand for others who weren't so fortunate.
    a cousin of mine was lynched a long time ago. why? because he was making too much money for a "n-word".

a successful black man/woman just seems to make you more of a target since a lot of racist think that it's not fair for a black person to make more than a hardworking white christian.

if they asked him to speak and he agreed, i don't have problem with it.

Now that we are on the subject of women, i recently read that the Weinstein guy was part of the women march....ew, i dont want to imagine the reason of why he did that.

And as i said around the time of Trump inauguration, i am still weird out on how much americans look after celebrities, specially in politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I think what we need is a Real Woman's Conference. One that isn't about how Liberal or Conservative you are, but on issues affecting ALL women in the country. A conference that supports and boots women up, gives them role models in other women who are active in politics and social issues, who have achieved success in business and science, who have ideas on how to improve conditions for all women.
    This. I'm sure women of all stripes can agree on several things other than the stereotypes you see in Sitcoms and the like.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    a successful black man/woman just seems to make you more of a target since a lot of racist think that it's not fair for a black person to make more than a hardworking white christian.
    I just got pulled over last month while driving my convertible Mercedes in Austin -- the cops went on to accuse me of stealing the car and asking me if I had registered it myself.

They also disputed my (legitimate) registration documents and sticker, claiming that there was supposed to be "another page" to go along with the document in question.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 10-12-2017 at 03:22 PM.

Changing the subject a bit

Denmark Doctors Declare Circumcision Of Healthy Boys ‘Ethically Unacceptable’
    https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b08052400ee6b3

They believe the procedure has no meaningful health benefits. Except within the small Muslim and orthodox Jewish communities, people in Denmark wonder why on Earth any parents would want to have their precious newborn child held down to have a part of his healthy, yet immature, penis cut off. According to a nationally representative poll from the summer of 2016, 87 percent of Danes favor a legal ban on non-therapeutic circumcision of boys under the age of 18 years. So far, politicians have been hesitant, but increasingly willing to listen.

Doctors and medical organizations in Denmark, the other Nordic countries and, with one notable exception, elsewhere in the Western world agree that circumcision of healthy boys is ethically problematic. It is considered an operation seriously and patently at odds with the Hippocratic oath (”first do no harm”) and one that is in conflict with a variety of international conventions, most notably the U.N. Declaration of the Rights of the Child.

The one Western country that is out of sync with its international peers is the United States, whose federal health authorities and national associations of pediatricians, obstetricians, family physicians and urologists endorse and perform most of these medically unnecessary operations in the country. Amputation of healthy infant foreskins constitutes the single most common surgical procedure in the United States ― a several hundred million dollars a year industry.

I just got pulled over while driving my convertible Mercedes in Austin -- the cops went on to accuse me of stealing the car and asking me if I had registered it myself.

They also disputed my (legitimate) registration documents and sticker, claiming that there was supposed to be "another page" to go along with the document in question.
    For all the talk of keeping Austin Wierd, it's sadly still Texas sometimes.

I dont know how important is a circumsition for a jewish person, but as other procedures that involves hurting a child because is part of their religion i dont support it, even if circumsition seems like a normal thing to do.

I just got pulled over last month while driving my convertible Mercedes in Austin -- the cops went on to accuse me of stealing the car and asking me if I had registered it myself.

because it's unthinkable for a black person to drive a nice car.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Now that we are on the subject of women, i recently read that the Weinstein guy was part of the women march....ew, i dont want to imagine the reason of why he did that.

And as i said around the time of Trump inauguration, i am still weird out on how much americans look after celebrities, specially in politics.
    I absolutely agree. Celebrities are, of course, free to speak their minds about whatever topic they feel like. But the WEIGHT we tend to give a celebrity opinion over a boring old expert on the topic is...staggering.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    because it's unthinkable for a black person to drive a nice car.
    They were just trying to make me out to be a drug dealer or something similar -- even asked me "what else" was in my glove compartment when I opened it up to get my registration and insurance.

My main concern was that they would use it as an excuse to say I was going for a weapon.

They were just trying to make me out to be a drug dealer or something similar -- even asked me "what else" was in my glove compartment when I opened it up to get my registration and insurance.

My main concern was that they would use it as an excuse to say I was going for a weapon.
    and people wonder why kap and the other athletes kneel.

It would be nice if modern cars were equipped with, oh, I don't know, maybe voice activated access to digital versions of car ownership and insurance paperwork. Something that you can do without rummaging in a glove compartment.

If a police officer needs to search a car after that, they might need a search warrant.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.