Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    Has anybody else been ousted for similar reasons before?
    Fatty Arbuckle?
    Then again, that involved a death, and he was later considered innocent.

https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/stat...21080945856512

Former Trump adviser Sebastian Gorka: "The left has no idea how much more damage we can do to them as private citizens."

This is how super villains talk.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    So.. Chuck Dixon ("Batman", "Clinton Cash") is working with nazi writer and troll Vox Day.

I'm thinking about donating all my Dixon comics to an orphanage or something. And considering how much he wrote in the 90s, I could use the free space to put in a gym.
    But how does that really help anyone? Dixon still has some of your money, and now the orphanage looks like it supports Dixon's politics.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    But how does that really help anyone? Dixon still has some of your money, and now the orphanage looks like it supports Dixon's politics.
    Well, the books I have are not political. And I'm very opposed to burning books for obvious reasons. I guess I could white out Dixon's name?

Well, the books I have are not political. And I'm very opposed to burning books for obvious reasons. I guess I could white out Dixon's name?
    Resell them back to a comic book shop. At least you'll get some of your money back.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/919358539273068544

Bannon tells 'Values Voters Summit' Trump pulled CSR payments to 'blow up' Obamacare exchanges, make prices skyrocket.

Listen to these so-called 'Values Voters' cheering. These people are sick.

BANNED

I'm thinking about donating all my Dixon comics to an orphanage or something. And considering how much he wrote in the 90s, I could use the free space to put in a gym.
    His comments on homosexuality in superhero comics weren't enough to convince you?

"I don't expect to be able to shield my kids from the subject of homosexuality as the media seems intent on bringing it into my home and nothing short of cutting my electricity and boarding the windows will stop it. But I don't want my kids reading about it in comics."

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    His comments on homosexuality in superhero comics weren't enough to convince you?

"I don't expect to be able to shield my kids from the subject of homosexuality as the media seems intent on bringing it into my home and nothing short of cutting my electricity and boarding the windows will stop it. But I don't want my kids reading about it in comics."
    And after that, DC picked him to write the Midnighter/Grifter mini.

It wasn't called "Midnighter/Grifter: Slap in the Face!" but it totally should have been.

The trick is to convince OTHER PEOPLE to burn THEIR books, so you can sell your books at a massively increased rate!

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The trick is to convince OTHER PEOPLE to burn THEIR books, so you can sell your books at a massively increased rate!
    Turns out that Hitler had just been trying to maximize the value of his collection of Kafka first editions the entire time!

And he would have gotten away with it, too, if not for those meddling allied forces!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    This just occurred to me: Now that the Academy has kicked Weinstein out, will they revisit and/or revoke the memberships of other noted scumbags like Bill Cosby, Roman Polanski or Mel Gibson?
    They're publicizing Weinsteins removal from the Academy to distract people from the fact that he won't be going to prison. We see the headlines and think "Yeah, he's getting what he deserves!", but nothing of consequence is actually happening. Removing these people from their masturbatory Hollywood clubs is hollow justice.
    Last edited by Vegan Daddy; 10-15-2017 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    They're publicizing Weinsteins removal from the Academy to distract people from the fact that he won't be going to prison. We see the headlines and think "Yeah, he's getting what he deserves!", but nothing of consequence is actually happening. Removing these people from their masturbatory Hollywood clubs is hollow justice.
    yeah, that's the horrid part

we keep getting these scandals - Cosby, Weinstein - but no meat is coming out of this

sure they get shunned, hell even Harvey's brother is kind of throwing him under the bus

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Polanski really should have been out ages ago.
    I wonder if with Polanski they thought since he fled the country, it was moot?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I wonder if with Polanski they thought since he fled the country, it was moot?
    Polanski still has a lot of friends in Hollywood who consider him an "artist"

by and large, people loathed Harvey Weinstein, but he was way too powerful for anyone to do anything about it

Invincible Member

So.. Chuck Dixon ("Batman", "Clinton Cash") is working with nazi writer and troll Vox Day.

I was like "Vox who?". Then I looked it up and was like...oh, the Sick Puppy guy. I think guys like him and certain folks in the comics community represent a real sad segment of fandom. To me they're not even about being conservative. They're what they claim to be railing against...beta males who can no longer coast on the accomplishment of other more assertive men so now they're mad that women and minorities are gaining recognition in the same fields.