Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Apparently, it's a personal feud with the neighbor in question.
    Must've been one hell of a feud. I heard Paul has four or five broken ribs and will be out of action for awhile.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    That minorities in the U.S need guns for protection? Tbh that seems to be somethint logical specially, if police arent going to protect some then they better learn to protect themselves.

And who told me that? I have been following some lgbt and black organizations that teach other about gun safety, use and all the rules that one must follow to safely use a gun.
    If you have been paying attention to the news, you'll know that "open carry" makes black people even more likely to be shot by police and other scared white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusanagi View Post
    My biggest thing with constantly calling it a mental health issue, is we never do anything about that either! We don't see any legislation, we don't even see any discussions or proposals, hell we don't even see any studies that could lead to the other stuff.

"This is not a gun issue, it's a mental health issue." "So what do we do about the mental health issue?" "...sorry? No me saying it's a mental health issue is your cue to drop the matter entirely."
    Oh, there totally was legislation connected to mental health issues: Making it easier for people with mental health problems to own guns, and Trumpcare which would have gotten rid of coverage for mental health.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Must've been one hell of a feud. I heard Paul has four or five broken ribs and will be out of action for awhile.
    Paul bruises like a peach.

Oh, and Trump jr evidently offered quid pro quo to the Russians during the campaign:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ow-lawyer-says

The good news is that I think Junior is the Trump most likely to survive the first 4 weeks in prison.

Yeah, wasn't there a ban or regulation on the mentally ill buying guns that was lifted a little while ago?
    It's pretty clear that nobody who says that actually believes it. I'm almost as tired of the disingenuous excuses from the gutless losers as I am of the actual murders. Almost.

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    If you have been paying attention to the news, you'll know that "open carry" makes black people even more likely to be shot by police and other scared white people.
    That doesnt stop them from self defending themselves in a scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Nice....the gun manufacturer has the budget of the customer in mind. Which begs the question.....why is this firearm sold to civilians? You can't use it for hunting unless you're a sadist and want to blow the animal to bits. Why do people need to own these and buy multiple round clips? Do they expect "walkers" to surround their homes? Their only purpose is to kill people with maximum efficiency.
    We have to examinate the situation, the gun debate can be seen as a city/rural debate, in rural areas, for the police to arrive it can take longer that expected and it can put that person life in jeopardy on wordt case scenarios, the weapon you point out is accurate, versatile, and effective in a variety of scenarios.

It's regarded as one of the best weapons for home defense, You can mount stuff like lights, scopes etc on it, compact enough to allow movement

BANNED

Scenarios aren't reality.
    Remember the black guy that was shot for holding a toy gun? That was in an open carry state. The 2nd Amendment is pretty much a white folks only law.

BANNED

victims age in range from 17 months to 70 years old

but tell me again how you need an AR for "home defense"

iMan 42s

I'm just waiting on somebody to go into an Army surplus and come out with a totally legal mace and smash somebody to death with it so we can have immediate lock-down, and federal control over medieval weaponry, just so we could see how quickly they did that than limit firearms.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass over this. Gun control is something that has to be stricter in regards to who can own what and how much,etc. However I'd say part of the problem in America is the romanticism of weapons in general. If you can't get a firearm, you can build one or modify something to be lethal. If not that you can get swords, spears, throwing knives, brass knuckles (from an Army surplus), smoke grenades, and a fucking mace all commercially available and local.
    This isn't just the gun debate, everything needs an overhaul in how we provide these items and the client to whom they are sold. It's just as much a mental health issue as much as it is the alarming availability of firearms, and stabbing/bludgeoning tools.

We've had cases where a man had been pulled over armed with a kukri and a pistol hiding under his seat. This whole thing needs an overhaul.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Mighty Member

When this discussion comes up, I always think of the Black Panthers approach and some of the infamous incidents.

The Secret History of Guns
    https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...f-guns/308608/

The Panthers, however, took it to an extreme, carrying their guns in public, displaying them for everyone—especially the police—to see. Newton had discovered, during classes at San Francisco Law School, that California law allowed people to carry guns in public so long as they were visible, and not pointed at anyone in a threatening way.

In February of 1967, Oakland police officers stopped a car carrying Newton, Seale, and several other Panthers with rifles and handguns. When one officer asked to see one of the guns, Newton refused. “I don’t have to give you anything but my identification, name, and address,” he insisted. This, too, he had learned in law school.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?” an officer responded.

“Who in the hell do you think you are?,” Newton replied indignantly. He told the officer that he and his friends had a legal right to have their firearms.

Newton got out of the car, still holding his rifle.

“What are you going to do with that gun?” asked one of the stunned policemen.

“What are you going to do with your gun?,” Newton replied.

By this time, the scene had drawn a crowd of onlookers. An officer told the bystanders to move on, but Newton shouted at them to stay. California law, he yelled, gave civilians a right to observe a police officer making an arrest, so long as they didn’t interfere. Newton played it up for the crowd. In a loud voice, he told the police officers, “If you try to shoot at me or if you try to take this gun, I’m going to shoot back at you, swine.” Although normally a black man with Newton’s attitude would quickly find himself handcuffed in the back of a police car, enough people had gathered on the street to discourage the officers from doing anything rash. Because they hadn’t committed any crime, the Panthers were allowed to go on their way.

The people who’d witnessed the scene were dumbstruck. Not even Bobby Seale could believe it. Right then, he said, he knew that Newton was the “baddest motherfucker in the world.” Newton’s message was clear: “The gun is where it’s at and about and in.” After the February incident, the Panthers began a regular practice of policing the police. Thanks to an army of new recruits inspired to join up when they heard about Newton’s bravado, groups of armed Panthers would drive around following police cars. When the police stopped a black person, the Panthers would stand off to the side and shout out legal advice.

Don Mulford, a conservative Republican state assemblyman from Alameda County, which includes Oakland, was determined to end the Panthers’ police patrols. To disarm the Panthers, he proposed a law that would prohibit the carrying of a loaded weapon in any California city. When Newton found out about this, he told Seale, “You know what we’re going to do? We’re going to the Capitol.” Seale was incredulous. “The Capitol?” Newton explained: “Mulford’s there, and they’re trying to pass a law against our guns, and we’re going to the Capitol steps.” Newton’s plan was to take a select group of Panthers “loaded down to the gills,” to send a message to California lawmakers about the group’s opposition to any new gun control.

Mighty Member

It's just a bummer that the NRA has bought too many politicians for them to ever actually concede on any reform.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Apparently, it's a personal feud with the neighbor in question.
    So it's less about Rand Paul being a Republican Senator, and more about him being a shitty neighbor.

I guess it's a kill some, die some kind of scenario for minority gun holders, then.

It's Schrodinger's gun: It makes you both less safe and more safe, until you get killed.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 11-06-2017 at 10:36 AM.