Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    The aftermath. What about the family and friends of the victims? We need to hear their stories. If need be, we need to see the gory reality of what these weapons can do to human flesh. A documentary needs to be made. Let's take an unflinching look at America's obsession with guns and the bloody price this country is paying for it. Let us also take a look at the perpetrators. Ask ourselves how mentally ill individuals can get access to these weapons. Let's examine John Q. Public's access to these military style weapons. Throw a spotlight on the politicians and the NRA's monetary contributions to protect their interests. Kick over the rock and expose the entire social, political, economic apparatus that keeps the cycle of firearm addiction, consumption going.
    And the ones most in need of the education will dismiss it with a 'Fake News' and grab a beer on the way to the firing range.

Seriously though, it doesn't matter how many people see the problem as strong majorities want action done to control the gun-madness when it's the number of politicians who are too scared or bought to do anything about it that needs to be handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Old School Ollie 1962 View Post
    The aftermath. What about the family and friends of the victims? We need to hear their stories. If need be, we need to see the gory reality of what these weapons can do to human flesh. A documentary needs to be made. Let's take an unflinching look at America's obsession with guns and the bloody price this country is paying for it. Let us also take a look at the perpetrators. Ask ourselves how mentally ill individuals can get access to these weapons. Let's examine John Q. Public's access to these military style weapons. Throw a spotlight on the politicians and the NRA's monetary contributions to protect their interests. Kick over the rock and expose the entire social, political, economic apparatus that keeps the cycle of firearm addiction, consumption going.
    All of that has already been done multiple times.
    To begin to fix this problem, and frankly most of the problems we curently have, we need to get the money out of politics.
    Take away the ability for corporate interests to drop large donations on candidates and we take away most of their power to control legistlation.
    That's really the bottom line.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    And the ones most in need of the education will dismiss it with a 'Fake News' and grab a beer on the way to the firing range.
    Eh, it won't even be a "fake news" for a lot of people, they just won't care. They didn't give a **** about dead children murdered in their classroom, why would anything else matter to them?

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    To begin to fix this problem, and frankly most of the problems we curently have, we need to get the money out of politics.
    Take away the ability for corporate interests to drop large donations on candidates and we take away most of their power to control legistlation.
    Agreed, I just think it's going to be nigh-impossible to get the Citizen's United genie back in the bottle. Of course the first step in this is getting a majority of people who seem at least willing to look at the issues of reform into office rather than letting ones who are out to get as much graft as they can get tear things down via liberal infighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Eh, it won't even be a "fake news" for a lot of people, they just won't care. They didn't give a **** about dead children murdered in their classroom, why would anything else matter to them?
    I'm convinced most didn't care because they were convinced it was a false flag meant to allow the gov't to take their guns. Any who didn't care about it and weren't fooled into thinking it was fake are the ones I worry most about owning guns.

BANNED

pretty much

Agreed, I just think it's going to be nigh-impossible to get the Citizen's United genie back in the bottle. Of course the first step in this is getting a majority of people who seem at least willing to look at the issues of reform into office rather than letting ones who are out to get as much graft as they can get tear things down via liberal infighting.
    The thing is that it's something the average voters on both sides of the aisle can support without compromising whatever interests they already have. Who would argue in favor of their vote having less influence?
    Last edited by Jack Dracula; 11-07-2017 at 05:35 PM.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

I'm convinced most didn't care because they were convinced it was a false flag meant to allow the gov't to take their guns. Any who didn't care about it and weren't fooled into thinking it was fake are the ones I worry most about owning guns.
    Doesn't matter why they didn't care about a pile of dead children. Only that they didn't care about a pile of dead children.

There's an interesting complication in the Mendenez corruption trial in New Jersey: A juror asked to be told what a Senator is.

On their first full day of jury deliberations at the bribery trial of Senator Robert Menendez, a juror asked the judge a basic question: What is a senator?

U.S. District Judge William Walls declined to answer the question, and he refused that juror’s request for a transcript of Monday’s closing argument by Menendez’s attorney, Abbe Lowell. The panel had returned to the Newark federal courthouse Tuesday, after spending about 75 minutes deliberating the day before following summations by Lowell and a rebuttal argument by a prosecutor. Walls told jurors that they should rely on their individual and collective memories to determine how to define a senator and what was in the transcript.

The New Jersey Democrat is accused of taking bribes from Florida eye doctor Salomon Melgen in the form of private jet travel, a Paris vacation and campaign contributions in exchange for pushing the doctor’s business interests at the highest levels of the U.S. government. Defense lawyers say they were just favors among good friends.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I doubt a lot of people in the U.S tale Alex Jones conspiracies as gospal, i am with Joker that people just dont care, people are More lazy than stupid.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    When? When has "all of that been done multiple times"? Break it down, podnah.

Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

A must read article:

What Explains U.S. Mass Shootings? International Comparisons Suggest an Answer
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/w...T.nav=top-news

BANNED

Rep Ted Poe (Texas) is retiring

3rd Texas Republican to retire this week

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Rep Ted Poe (Texas) is retiring

3rd Texas Republican to retire this week
    WTF?! These guys are usually gung-ho never-say-die. I'm beginning to lose what little respect I had for the sheer stubborn idiocy of the Die-Hard Texas Republican, I mean at least they were standing up for their bullshit.

However I see a little hope with all these guys be retiring to allow a chance at Purple to take hold.

Doesn't matter why they didn't care about a pile of dead children. Only that they didn't care about a pile of dead children.
    Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I doubt a lot of people in the U.S tale Alex Jones conspiracies as gospal, i am with Joker that people just dont care, people are More lazy than stupid.
    If they are stupid enough to believe there are no dead children, like a surprising number of others who buy into debunkable conspiracy theories, then they at least don't believe any children died. Frightfully stupid and either willing to believe anything 'their side' is willing to say or willing to doubt anything the news says. And for that matter Stupid can be as destructive or more than Maliciousness, but I tend to ponder the 'whys' and judge willing maliciousness a bit worse than ignorant idiocy. Of course that's just me, I'm not about to impose everything I think and believe on anyone else.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What is worse is they believe the bullshit that there never were children murdered at Sandy Hook, that it was all a false flag. That's why they didn't care.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!