Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So using a silencer STILL requires Ear Protection? Then there's really no reason for it at all by your post, since it still requires those headphone looking things or earplugs.

Thanks for the info!
    both are required if you want to totally counter the sound of the gunshot, but then again not many people might know that and that why they dont buy supresors.

Anyway glad you found the info interesting.

BANNED

Top ranks of US Diplomacy depleted under Trump

The US has lost more than half its career ambassadors and a significant proportion of other senior diplomats since Donald Trump took office, the head of the foreign service association has said.

Stephenson pointed to a hiring freeze that has reduced the intake into the foreign service from 366 in 2016 to an expected 100 in 2018, and a cut in the number of promotions. She said the number of career ambassadors (professional diplomats rather than political appointees) was down 60% since January, while the ranks of career ministers, one rank below, have declined from 33 to 19.

So using a silencer STILL requires Ear Protection? Then there's really no reason for it at all by your post, since it still requires those headphone looking things or earplugs.

Thanks for the info!
    Look at it like this...

That someone is on the pill doesn't really mean you shouldn't be taking additional steps if you really don't want to be a dad.

You can't get you hearing back once you've screwed it up anymore than you can undo a pregnancy.

Going backwards in every facet.

C'mon FBI, get to the part where Trumpy boy is impeached and tossed into a padded cell where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I love that Bob Marshall ran the standard scared ass white man campaign, misgendered Roem throughout, even called her "a boy in a dress"

and what did it get him?

bounced out of his seat

KICK ROCKS
    I would not discount that Roem ran a "This is what I am for, and what you can vote "For" if you vote for me." campaign. While Marshall didn't do himself any favors, I don't think folks were strictly voting against him.

At this point, they probably have to hire who they can get.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I would not discount that Roem ran a "This is what I am for, and what you can vote "For" if you vote for me." campaign. While Marshall didn't do himself any favors, I don't think folks were strictly voting against him.
    I would disagree strongly

I think people saw a scared old man trying to play into stereotypes

I would disagree strongly

I think people saw a scared old man trying to play into stereotypes
    From the interviews I saw, that is not what Roem believes.

Look at it like this...

That someone is on the pill doesn't really mean you shouldn't be taking additional steps if you really don't want to be a dad.

You can't get you hearing back once you've screwed it up anymore than you can undo a pregnancy.
    So you are in fact pro-silencer and hope they're widely distributed to 'prevent hearing loss'? If you still require the hearing protection regardless then there's no compelling reason to aid potential murderers in that way IMO.

In other words I'm fine with the proposed ban on 'threaded barrels' since if someone absolutely has to have them they can modify their weapons accordingly.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

So, Faux News are now hiring neo-Nazis. Classy move, boys.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

So you are in fact pro-silencer and hope they're widely distributed to 'prevent hearing loss'? If you still require the hearing protection regardless then there's no compelling reason to aid potential murderers in that way IMO.

In other words I'm fine with the proposed ban on 'threaded barrels' since if someone absolutely has to have them they can modify their weapons accordingly.
    My own personal take?

It's like a jackhammer or playing guitar in The Who. They are destroy hearing as a function of what they are.

That said, I can see the folks you mentioned/a jackhammer operator/someone playing guitar in a huge band taking steps to try to minimize that damage.

Disagree with it, but see the argument.

BANNED

From the interviews I saw, that is not what Roem believes.
    shes being super classy about it

she did a phone interview with Lawrence O'Donnell last night and she said "I don't attack my constituents and Bob is my constituent now"

shes being super classy about it

she did a phone interview with Lawrence O'Donnell last night and she said "I don't attack my constituents and Bob is my constituent now"
    While I don't disagree with the "Being The Right Sort Of Winner" angle, Roem went into pretty specific detail on the platform she ran on and why she believes it was a winner.

Let alone that it feels like, without trying to, you are saying "Roem could only win this race by running against a seriously kooked out GOP opponent in a specific political climate."

If you are largely attributing Roem's win to that, it feels like you are selling Roem short.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 11-08-2017 at 07:33 PM.