Mighty Member

I don't even know why you guys are arguing about guns.

The US ain't gonna do **** about guns. Just like war. They see money.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    also GOP Rep Bob Goodlatte will not be seeing re-election
    Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Ooooooo, that's a big name. He's been around since the early nineties. WBE is going to be happy to end writing his profile next year.
    Seriously, it's like Christmas is coming early this year with all these wankers shuffling off into disgraceful retirement after making a mess of our country.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I remember you not knowing how "silencers" work and you saying you dont care about if those people become deaf.
    Oh, shoot. Nobody is forcing people to go to gun ranges and shoot at pictures of black people.

Roy Moore Can’t Be Taken Off the Ballot

That quickly prompted McConnell and others to say Moore should step aside if the allegations are valid.

But Alabama law prohibits a candidate from withdrawing within 76 days before the election. The runoff between Moore, who beat incumbent Luther Strange in the Republican primary, and Democrat Doug Jones is scheduled for December 12. And Moore’s name will be on the ballot.

I remember you not knowing how "silencers" work and you saying you dont care about if those people become deaf.
    My exposure to them is near exclusively via RPGs like Shadowrun and others with modern/advanced guns. Still, if they aren't enough on their own to adequately prevent hearing damage then the time and money is better spent improving the ear-protection than advancing something that would eventually be used to kill large numbers of people. The only reason I've ever thought of getting one was that one time I'd considered putting together an Anti-Zombie kit as I'm just that big a nerd

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    I don't even know why you guys are arguing about guns.

The US ain't gonna do **** about guns. Just like war. They see money.
    I live in Texas, you think I don't know that? I like thinking about hypotheticals or I'd never have gotten sucked into the Rumbles forum 12 years ago.

I remember you not knowing how "silencers" work
    Yeah, you know what?
    I am not fascinated by guns. I do not spend hours of my life figuring out how they work.

I am quite happy with the size of my penis AND that of my boyfriend. So I can do without guns and SUVs.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    And people will vote for Moore, allegations or no allegations. It's like the old saying goes, Democrats fall in love, Republicans fall in line, and that's the only hope Moore has. Not that I'm sticking up for that miserable slug, but Moore would be a fool to drop out because he still has a puncher's chance to win. After all, who thought over a year ago that an egomaniacal boor and TV huckster like Donald Trump would become president?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Washington correspondent for the Toronto Star, Daniel Dale, has been covering the Roy Moore story and tweeting it out...

"It was 40 years ago," Alabama Marion County GOP chair David Hall tells me. "I really don't see the relevance of it. He was 32. She was supposedly 14. She's not saying that anything happened other than they kissed."
    Me: "The story said she said he tried to get her to touch his genitals." Hall: "Well, she said he may have TRIED to. But we're talking something that somebody SAID happened, 40 years ago. It wouldn't affect whether or not I'd vote for him."
    More Hall: “The other women that they’re using to corrobrate: number one, one was 19, one was 17, one was 16. There’s nothing wrong with a 30-year-old single male asking a 19-year-old, a 17-year-old, or a 16-year-old out on a date."
    After a long pause, Alabama Bibb County Republican chairman Jerry Pow tells me he'd vote for Roy Moore even if Moore did commit a sex crime against a girl.

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
    “I really can’t comment until I have a chance to digest it," says Tallapoosa County GOP chairwoman Denise Bates. “Nothing to say," says Marengo County chairman Robert Duke.
    Alabama Mobile County GOP chairman John Skipper: "It does not really surprise me. I think it is a typical Democratic - Democrat - ploy to discredit Judge Moore, a sincere, honest, trustworthy individual."
    "These allegations that surfaced today - to my knowledge, they're all bunk. No credibility whatsoever," Mobile County Republican chairman John Skipper tells me.
    If these allegations against Moore were true, Mitch McConnell's anti-Moore allies would have obviously found them and released them during the primary, Mobile County Republican chairman John Skipper tells me.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On this...

Polling in Virginia -

- "Against Trump A Factor": around thirty-four percent
    - "Trump A Non-Issue": around forty-seven percent
    Plenty of the "Trump a non-issue" voters went for Northam. It's a group that could include those who were already Democrats.

If a third of voters wanted to make a message against a party, it means that party has to get an overwhelming majority of the rest to stay relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    Mitch McConnell did exactly the same.

Holy f***. If the Democrats end up with Doug Jones winning because Roy Moore tanks for being a pedophile in the late 70s/early 80s... the math is there for them to so much more easily retaking the Senate. They would need Kyrsten Sinema to win in Arizona to take Jeff Flake's seat over Kellie Ward, and Jackie Rosen to win in Nevada and take Dean Heller's seat... and they flip it. That's it. The polling currently shows them very able to do that, provided they hold court (The only seat the GOP have a major shot at flipping in polling is Claire McCaskill's in Missouri, but it's still unknown if Jason Kander tries to primary her, or who the GOP put up to try and take her out). Democrats won't even need Beto O'Rourke to unseat Ted Cruz in Texas any more, and that's neck and neck.

I mean, unless the GOP wants to become the party that looks the other way for a pedophile 2018, after shrugging when they had a sexual predator on a ticket in 2016.
    There was the Fox poll showing Jones and Moore tied a month ago.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017...l-tied-up.html

Recent polls have been better for Moore, but not on the level a Republican running in Alabama should have. It reminds me a bit of polls for Martha Coakley in Massachusetts eight years ago.

The party would be a lot happier if he stepped aside and was replaced by someone bland. It's not just about a competitive Senate race, but the potential damage of that blowhard getting in the news as a sitting Senator.

Republicans have a shot at flipping a few Senate seats in 2018, given Democratic incumbents in Montana, North Dakota, West Virginia, and Indiana, in addition to Missouri. These are all states Trump won by 18 points. However, the math is there for Democrats to flip the Senate, especially with McCain's illness potentially causing another opening, so Republicans do have a lot to worry about.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

"I would vote for Judge Moore because I wouldn't want to vote for Doug," he says. "I'm not saying I support what he did."
    "Better to be a kiddie fiddler than a Democrat." That's a rough position to take.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Yeah, you know what?
    I am not fascinated by guns. I do not spend hours of my life figuring out how they work.

I am quite happy with the size of my penis AND that of my boyfriend. So I can do without guns and SUVs.
    I am glad you have the privilege of feeling safe and having a boyfriend which you can dick around.

But other dont have that privilege, specially black and LGBT people, so helping them to be inform on how to defend themselves and be safe while doing it is something some people find important.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Yes, the Alabama GOP is perfectly willing to defend a dude who might've sexed up kids. This is sadly expected for this embarrassment of a state.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Yes, the Alabama GOP is perfectly willing to defend a dude who might've sexed up kids. This is sadly expected for this embarrassment of a state.
    and it looks like even Hannity is about to defend him

Astonishing Member

Is anyone really surprised that the party of Hastert and Foley has more perverts in the closet?

BANNED

recount in Minnesota finds that Phillipe Cunningham wins election, first transgender man elected to public office

https://www.washingtonblade.com/2017...public-office/