So many celebrities are being acuse of sexual harrasment, from Louis CK to George Takei.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    So many celebrities are being acuse of sexual harrasment, from Louis CK to George Takei.
    speaks to the brokenness of Hollywood

and not just Hollywood

youve got a DC Comics editor being accused as well

Well, you know what they say.

Hindsight is 30/30.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Hadn't he completed therapy/rehab and 'gotten help' for his issues after that first dic pic scandal? Anyone who still supported him after the first round of dick pics likely was hoping he really HAD changed. But compared to where he was before the first scandal, his 'comeback' was largely a joke to 90% of left leaning folks. And then the second scandal broke, and it was the same damn thing...and then he texted underage girls...and those last few stragglers holding out hope that a former firebrand had really turned around, finally gave up. So while I agree that after the first scandal, he shouldn't have had ANY support, I understand why some people would consider giving a person they used to like a second chance.

Still, the reaction by the 'leftie' news outlets to Weiner/Carlos Danger was VASTLY different from the 'rightie' outlets reaction to Roy Moore. The reaction of the majority of the left to Weiner was, unequivocally, "GET RID!!!" The reaction of the majority of the right to Roy Moore has been...to cast aspersions on the accusers, threaten them, compare Moore to the parents of JESUS FUCKING CHRIST...and generally advocate that everyone should ignore the scandal, because Jesus, God, Ten Commandments, family values something something...
    On the "Reaction", agreed. Kooks are coming out of the woodwork to defend Moore. That said, news outlets should be cutting their mics as soon as they start that.

As for Weiner, it's not like I have an issue with that sort of thing taking place between a pair of private citizens. That said, this guy still had a handful of folks speaking up for him. That was absolutely unacceptable. Also, someone being redeemable is different from the question of if anyone from a party should stick up for them.

And I'm going to have to insist that if we re-hash the story of Carlos Danger, that this gif gets posted.

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

and not just Hollywood

Verganza ? Yeah i know about him, after all his last name comes from the word Verga, which is a slang for a vulgar way to say Penis.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    On the "Reaction", agreed. Kooks are coming out of the woodwork to defend Moore. That said, news outlets should be cutting their mics as soon as they start that.

As for Weiner, it's not like I have an issue with that sort of thing taking place between a pair of private citizens. That said, this guy still had a handful of folks speaking up for him. That was absolutely unacceptable. Also, someone being redeemable is different from the question of if anyone from a party should stick up for them.
    Those 'kooks' are people with power in the Alabama Republican party. Carlos Danger had barely anyone after behavior that was far less awful. Moore has... more, with people trying to say 'better a pedophile than a Democrat'. That's where the GOP. That's what the party has become. That's all that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You are either willingly, or deliberately misrepresenting the facts. The first round, if I recall, was that he was sending dick pics to adult women he was sexting with and that they consented. Before his "comeback" he went through some sort of therapy or rehab, but I bolded the important details of the timeline that are eluding you.

You are comparing Roy Moore molesting a child to that. While Weiner is tacky, and I personally never forgave his attempts at online infidelity. Some Democrats did, because while skeevy and disappointing... it wasn't a sex crime.

That's a big difference between the two things you're claiming a double standard on.
    No kidding...

Think about what is bolded in blue. It is more than simply "Tacky". While I'm not going to say it is the same as the crime Moore may have committed, it is the same sort of moral failing that Moore approaching younger women above the age of consent was.

Someone doesn't need to be an out and out criminal for you to say "There Is No Place In This Party For The Sort Of Person You Are."

BANNED

No kidding...

Think about what is bolded in blue. It is more than simply "Tacky". While I'm not going to say it is the same as the crime Moore may have committed, it is the same sort of moral failing that Moore approaching younger women above the age of consent was.

Someone doesn't need to be an out and out criminal for you to say "There Is No Place In This Party For The Sort Of Person You Are."
    this I can agree with

and not just Hollywood

Isn't that one old news?

this I can agree with
    In addition, there was a pretty good chance that the guy was going to have an "Ozzy"-sized relapse.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Those 'kooks' are people with power in the Alabama Republican party. Carlos Danger had barely anyone after behavior that was far less awful. Moore has... more, with people trying to say 'better a pedophile than a Democrat'. That's where the GOP. That's what the party has become. That's all that needs to be said.
    Pretty much this, and the bullshit 'both sides' being spewed is highly amusing. The mobius pretzel of sameness is particularly laughable.

But hey look at the kinda bright side, americans dont have to idolize Hollywood starts anymore, which wasnt good to beguin in my opinion.
    Last edited by mojotastic; 11-10-2017 at 08:44 PM.

It is more than simply "Tacky". While I'm not going to say it is the same as the crime Moore may have committed, it is the same sort of moral failing that Moore approaching younger women above the age of consent was.

That may be, but it is factually incorrect of you to indicate that Democrats all close ranks to defend a pedophile like the Republicans once did because a few of them once were willing to forgive a guy sexting behind his wife's back with. Especially when the three cases we have of it in the past decade involve the Democrats doing the exact opposite to those men. Hell, only a handful forgave him for the infidelity.

You can admit you were wrong about that at any point now. And you can also stop trying to equate infidelity with child molestation at any point, because that's ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    But hey look at the kinda bright side, americans dont have to idolize Hollywood starts anymore, which wasnt to beguin in my opinion.
    I have two words to reject this...

TOM HANKS.