Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    You are again factually incorrect. Reviewing that timeline I already posted, Weiner was gone for treatment from June 2011 until his mayoral run was announced in May 2013.
    You are kidding, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    At the moment, he still has 44% in the polls, which probably constitutes a majority of registered Republicans.
    Ah, 44% of the state in a poll vs. Doug Jones. Guarantee Republican support is higher than that.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You are kidding, right?
    Beginning therapy for sex addiction for almost two years?

Clearly, it wasn't enough, but come on, that's a long time. And other than Keith Ellison's name getting dropped, who are these Democrats who backed him?

And I'll reiterate, sexting dick pics to willing women should not be equated to molesting girls not old enough to consent.

But hey, why stop being tacky now?

Beginning therapy for sex addiction for almost two years?

Clearly, it wasn't enough, but come on, that's a long time. And other than Keith Ellison's name getting dropped, who are these Democrats who backed him?
    It's not that long when you show back up, and are running for mayor of one of the largest cities in America as soon as you poke your head back out.

As for "Who", his wife for one.

Which isn't to say that he had some large party backing.

They just should have loudly done what they could to snuff that nonsense out.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    George Takei now, too?
    I don't know why, but I expected better. I guess there's no limit on who could turn out to be a turd.
    At least he's not running for public office.

It's not that long when you show back up, and are running for mayor of one of the largest cities in America as soon as you poke your head back out.

As for "Who", his wife for one.
    Tell you what, this is a great chance to point out a false comparison to an actual similar situation.

Mark Sanford was Governor of South Carolina. He didn't just cheat on his wife, he left the state with a fake story about "hiking the Appalachian trail" while he was banging his mistress, and left no one even aware of who was in charge of his estate. He stayed in office and finished his term until January 2011. LESS THAN TWO YEARS LATER, he announced a comeback bid for Congress, and a ton of Republicans forgave and endorsed him, talking about how forgiveness was important.

Oh, wait. Sorry. I forgot. That isn't the same. He came back from infidelity faster, and with his party's blessing, and remains in office to this day, even though he broke up with the mistress he was supposedly in love with via text. But hey BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD, right?

(Hint: This is ridiculous.)

I'm really going to have to make a supercut of all the Republicans who committed sex crimes or adultery from the past decade from CSGOPOTD profiles to underline the point, aren't I?

Tell you what, this is a great chance to point out a false comparison to an actual similar situation.

Mark Sanford was Governor of South Carolina. He didn't just cheat on his wife, he left the state with a fake story about "hiking the Appalachian trail" while he was banging his mistress, and left no one even aware of who was in charge of his estate. He stayed in office and finished his term until January 2011. LESS THAN TWO YEARS LATER, he announced a comeback bid for Congress, and a ton of Republicans forgave and endorsed him, talking about how forgiveness was important.

Oh, wait. Sorry. I forgot. That isn't the same. He came back from infidelity faster, and with his party's blessing, and remains in office to this day, even though he broke up with the mistress he was supposedly in love with via text. But hey BOTH SIDES ARE JUST AS BAD, right?

(Hint: This is ridiculous.)
    Unless the rest of the Sanford story looks anything like the Weiner story, it's not really similar.

Which isn't to say there aren't the same sort of people as Weiner that the GOP should be more loudly condemning.

I'm really going to have to make a supercut of all the Republicans who committed sex crimes or adultery from the past decade from CSGOPOTD profiles to underline the point, aren't I?
    Please do!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unless he changed his mind, Peter King also said Moore needs to step aside.

It'll underline the point well, not that it'll be accepted by 30. He's directly admitted he'll ignore what's in a post if he wants to keep making a point after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    It'll underline the point well, not that it'll be accepted by 30. He's directly admitted he'll ignore what's in a post if he wants to keep making a point after all.
    If the point is that both parties should have some "Bare Minimum" standards, yeah.

The number of clunkers you can come up with in one of those parties won't matter much.

If the point is that both parties should have some "Bare Minimum" standards, yeah.

The number of clunkers you can come up with in one of those parties won't matter much.
    In 30 world, you can't draw conclusions unless circumstances are EXACTLY SPECIFICALLY the same.