Astonishing Member Old Man Ollie 1962's Avatar

National Enquirer does CBR. Or the reverse.

BANNED

I keep hearing that some in Alabama want to delay the election due to Roy Moores issues

ummm

not how it works

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Roy Moore Fundraises Off Report That He Molested A 14-Year-Old Girl

The Senate candidate from Alabama has denied the accusations of four women who were teens at the time. A real sleazy move, but hey, that's what Republicans specialize in. Meanwhile....

Alabama GOP Officials Giving Roy Moore A Pass On Sexual Assault Allegations

4 Women Accused Roy Moore Of Sexual Misconduct. GOP Senators Need More Proof.

Democrats Sit Back And Let Republicans Struggle With The Roy Moore Scandal

I will not start in on the stereotypes attributed to White people in the South. It is both unfair (to those disgusted by this) and too easy (pertaining to those who are not).

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post

Students Punished For Wearing Confederate Flag, Telling Black Kids ‘Go Back To Africa’

They wore them in response to black students protesting racial injustice during Spirit Week. More madness inspired by Donald Trump's racism:

By the way, whoever posted that picture needed to check his spelling. BIG time!
    I am forced to ask if these kids are honestly scared that people supporting #BLM want to treat White people like the neo-Confederates think Black people should be treated, or are they just being @$$holes.

BANNED

most white people fear organizations like the NAACP or BLM because they fear being treated like theyve treated minorities

and as tempting as it would be, totally unfounded

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

The GOP is a perilous position. From what I've read, they need Moore to win in order to maintain their edge in Congress, but at the same time time, they don't want to be saddled with a child molester in their ranks. Classic case of damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I keep hearing that some in Alabama want to delay the election due to Roy Moores issues

ummm

not how it works
    I think I heard the election had already been postponed once already. A second time would be out of the question.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by heretic View Post
    *sigh* And this is the guy who wants to restore Traditional Christian Values.
    If I didn't have a basic understanding of how the republican party pandered to White Christians I'd be so confused. Black people tend to be very religious. The community as a whole has the same issues with homophobia and sexism that the wider culture does. And yet even very religious Black voters aren't drawn in by Republican rhetoric. Or aren't single issue voters over abortion and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by Mecegirl View Post
    If I didn't have a basic understanding of how the republican party pandered to White Christians I'd be so confused. Black people tend to be very religious. The community as a whole has the same issues with homophobia and sexism that the wider culture does. And yet even very religious Black voters aren't drawn in by Republican rhetoric. Or aren't single issue voters over abortion and what not.
    Same goes to some people in the latino community, specially central americans.0

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

ummm

not how it works
    It's a special election. The Governor has a lot of leeway.

If Moore were to drop out, why shouldn't the election be delayed so that someone else's name will be on the ballot?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

If Moore were to drop out, why shouldn't the election be delayed so that someone else's name will be on the ballot?
    then maybe Moore shouldn't have been committing sexual assault and/or statutory rape

BANNED

and his opponent, who prosecuted the KKK, is considered the underdog in this election

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post

Because it is pretty obviously not something that has democracy's best interests at heart?

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

To quote someone I follow on Twitter: This reads like the diary entry of a teenage girl.

From Trump's Twitter:
    Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me "old," when I would NEVER call him "short and fat?" Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend - and maybe someday that will happen!

BANNED

my 12 year old nephew is more mature

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    To quote someone I follow on Twitter: This reads like the diary entry of a teenage girl.

From Trump's Twitter:
    Hahahahahahaha oh man, cant wait for the Chinese to take over the world economy.