Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    Perhaps for the same reason nobody feels the need to address the Geocentric Model or Flat Earth Theory.
    Some things are simply incorrect. There is no argument to be had.
    If someone is bringing it up, it's probably because they're mocking you for believing things that aren't true.
    I'm sure mockery was the intent. What I question is the intellectual ability of those who are attempting the mockery.

Not that I care to keep the debate going, since no one here knows how to debate. Now my only (occasional) interest in posting here is to see whether or not people can justify their statements on the base level of reported fact.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

The school yard is opened!

If Moore wins (growing "if" at this moment), will he fall in line and become a team player, or will he embarrass Republicans on a daily basis with his sharia law demands?
    If anything, that tweet shows Moore isn't going anywhere and will fight to the bitter end. To answer your question, I suspect that he'll go out of his way to embarrass the GOP because Turtle Boy tried to railroad him out of the election. As Trump has shown, petty and spiteful bastards like Moore have LONG memories when they've been dissed.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Well the aggregate polls from this weekend have Moore over Jones, 48.3 to 46.3 ...

A week ago the 3 big polls averaged 55.5 Moore, 43.5 Jones.

It's going to be close.

And if Moore wins, I expect the outgoing GOP dudes like Mitch to immediately tie Moore's ass up in ethics violations.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    And if Moore wins, I expect the outgoing GOP dudes like Mitch to immediately tie Moore's ass up in ethics violations.
    You actually believe that?

BANNED

in Alabama

yes, Moore has a good chance of winning

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    in Alabama

yes, Moore has a good chance of winning
    Yeah, that is certain, that he will win...but about Mitch McConnell doing anything in retaliation?

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Toomey said he didn’t find Moore’s denials of sexual misconduct “terribly credible.” For Toomey, whom I call "the third most famous groundhog in Pennsylvania" (behind Punxsutawney Phil and Gus, an animated critter from Pennsylvania Lottery TV commercials) because he's all but hidden in his office since Trump won and rarely makes public appearances for fear of being hassled by angry constituents to come out against a member of his own party was shocking to me. Hey, WBE, have you profiled Toomey yet?
    I haven't, mostly because there are way crazier members of his party to get to first. Toomey's ignoring his constituents, and that's cowardly... but I don't know if that's on par with a Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, James Inhofe, Rand Paul, Mike Lee or some of the other kooky GOP Senators out there.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Uh, dude, Trump was accused by like 13 women during the election, and he just made fun of them and got elected president.

Moore will have no problem winning Alabama handily, and a week after the election no one is going to mention it any more.
    I still think Moore will win in Alabama. I meant Moore will damage the Republican brand nationally.

And this last election saw Republicans getting trounced in Virginia, a state they had made some very big gains in until this last election. So, while yes, Republicans won in 2016, they now have to look forward to 2018 after getting a preview of their popularity in 2017.

You actually believe that?
    Mitch will retaliate on his way out the door. And probably a couple others.

This isn't what they wanted their party to become and I think they've realized it too late. Or grew a conscious too late. You pick.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

You guys all have way higher hopes or opinions of people in this country than I do at the moment, which I guess is good.

Last Tuesday's victories were great. I won't let me raise my expectations for other states to do the right thing though in any election.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post

The school yard is opened!

If Moore wins (growing "if" at this moment), will he fall in line and become a team player, or will he embarrass Republicans on a daily basis with his sharia law demands?
    It is endlessly fascinating to me, the kind of people who use the DraintheSwamp tag. Like...what does 'swamp' mean to these people? Is a swamp Republican any Republican who MIGHT be reasonable about SOME things? And is 'draining' the swamp simply a euphamism for replacing semi-reasonable adults with a gang of violent paste-eaters?

I mean, I KNOW the answer to those questions is 'Cooperation with Democrats', 'yes', and 'Duh....', but I mean...the core voter of a NATIONAL political party is people willing to overlook child molestation as long as the guy isnt a democrat and people who think 'compromise' is synonymous with 'surrender'. That is just insane.
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-13-2017 at 01:06 PM.

You guys all have way higher hopes or opinions of people in this country than I do at the moment, which I guess is good.

Last Tuesday's victories were great. I won't let me raise my expectations for other states to do the right thing though in any election.
    I'm here with you, just can't help but have my expectations raised just a little bit here. When more women come out (like the one today) it means there's a chance the Alabamans who don't want to be held to the stereotypes (Like me with Texas BS) will get out and vote. I'm not expecting some sort of landslide victory, but a slim one would be within the realms of possibility even in Alabama.

I'm not expecting a landslide, just hoping for a slim victory for actual morals

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    I'm here with you, just can't help but have my expectations raised just a little bit here. When more women come out (like the one today) it means there's a chance the Alabamans who don't want to be held to the stereotypes (Like me with Texas BS) will get out and vote. I'm not expecting some sort of landslide victory, but a slim one would be within the realms of possibility even in Alabama.

I'm not expecting a landslide, just hoping for a slim victory for actual morals
    One thing that might work against Moore is that, if I'm not wrong, there aren't any other elections that day. People won't vote a straight Republican ticket and hold their noses for him. They actively have to leave the house and stand in December weather a while to vote for a child molester.

On this date in 2014, 2015, as well as 2016, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Ralph Shortey, of the Oklahoma State Senate, whose highest profile bill that he’s written in his five years on the political scene was a measure inspired by an article Shortey read on a pro-life website (that lies) that would outlaw the potential use of fetuses in food products. That still isn’t a typo, and it’s still irrelevant as far as laws go, because there’s no way the FDA would approve such a product, and there are exactly zero food manufacturers looking to use human embryos in their products. Shortey has also written several obviously unconstitutional laws like ones that ignore the 14th Amendment’s existence or an outright attempt to abolish the Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals. Lastly, Shortey is a big gun enthusiast, who recommends everybody have firearms readily available in case you are suddenly set upon by wild turkeys (which I’m wondering how much of that brand he’s drinking of before he shows up on the job) and bragging that he ignored the ban on carrying firearms in the Oklahoma state capitol. When we last left Ralph Shortey, he was trying to pass a completely insane bill to make it legal for cattle ranchers to shoot down drones flying over their property, and was appearing at some of the earliest campaign apperances of Donald Trump in Oklahoma... so you can thank him for giving the raging Cheeto golem political credibility from the start of his entry into the political race, citing his "excellent record on trade and finance" as all the reason people needed to support him as a candidate, overlooking that Donald Trump is not just a terrible human being, but his record on trade and finance involves bankruptcies and lawsuits and unpaid debtors galore.

Anyway… our annual look at Ralph Shortey here at CSGOPOTD comes to an abrupt end this year, because guess what? The supposed anti-gay Shortey got arrested for soliticing male child prostitutes. He resigned in disgrace, will be going to prison, and Shortey is now one more hypocrite who someone should have realized was a danger to the public in the first place.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar