BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Twitter has permanently banned Baked Alaska, a notirous right wing troll, and deverified a number of right-wing extremists like Richard Spencer and Jason Kessler.
    WHOA! That's a start.

Also, glad to be back and get back into the discussion.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Especially since the Charlie Sheen stuff has been circulating for YEARS, even before he 'came out' as HIV positive.
    The accusation against Sheen, from what I heard, came from Dominic Brascila, didn't it, who said that he was told that it was Sheen? Or has that changed? (Not defending Sheen. He's a piece of ****.)
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, I don't think there is any way of actually knowing. While I can't be certain, I could easily see Haim having told Feldman things he may never have told and/or been honest about anyone else with.
    http://people.com/tv/corey-haim-moth...lleged-abuser/

Again, not defending Sheen. His career needs to be over and he no doubt had countless skeletons that deserve to come out but I just want to say I wouldn't take Brascia's word for it.xD

Brascia claimed a few years ago it was a 40+ year old man who assaulted Haim back in the 1980's. Sheen didn't fit the age range then and why this suddenly changed is a mystery as well.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So the problem in Hollywood is the assault and raping is so bad that people agree it's happening, know it's happening, know who's been assaulted, but so many people are doing it, it's hard to keep track whose raping and assaulting people?

That's sick ... and sad ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Especially since the Charlie Sheen stuff has been circulating for YEARS, even before he 'came out' as HIV positive.
    The accusation against Sheen, from what I heard, came from Dominic Brascila, didn't it, who said that he was told that it was Sheen? Or has that changed? (Not defending Sheen. He's a piece of ****.)
    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Honestly, I don't think there is any way of actually knowing. While I can't be certain, I could easily see Haim having told Feldman things he may never have told and/or been honest about anyone else with.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So the problem in Hollywood is the assault and raping is so bad that people agree it's happening, know it's happening, know who's been assaulted, but so many people are doing it, it's hard to keep track whose raping and assaulting people?

That's sick ... and sad ...

Well judging from this instance , Brascia maybe trying to cover his own tracks and say he didn't do it so well. He forgot the story he told a couple years ago where he claimed it was someone older . Then he decided to possibly jump in with Feldman's allegation on someone abusing Haim and decided to make it possibly more sensational. But as Haim's mother claims its Brascia .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Dear Mitch McConnell,

Bring. It. On.

— Judge Roy Moore (@MooreSenate) November 16, 2017
    Chris Hansen's, executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, reply?

Bring It On is a movie about high school cheerleaders https://t.co/THLhYwpZSf

— Chris Hansen (@tankcat) November 16, 2017
    Oh snap ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Let's see what the director of Bring It On has to say.

https://twitter.com/MrPeytonReed/sta...93916295356416

Dear @MooreSenate,

You’re not allowed to use the name of my cheerleader movie, you fucking pedophile.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    Because the Trump Administration hates everything Obama related...
    They probably did it for Trump's baby boy. Now he can bring back his little trophies.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post

They'll justify this by saying it's part of the African game preserve model, which is a fucking joke.

- Some rich **** pays thousands to hunt endangered animals.
    For those who don't realize the kinds of rich c*** being discussed:

X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Joe Biden 2020 Is A Terrible Idea In A Post-Weinstein America

Biden mishandled the Anita Hill hearing in 1991 and is known for getting too close to women. Is that what Democrats want? And he'll be pushing 80 by then. Dems can and should do better than Uncle Joe.

Sixth Roy Moore Accuser Comes Forward, Says He Groped Her In 1991

Two other women have also publicly accused him of unwanted advances. Meanwhile....

Roy Moore’s Attorney Holds News Conference To Demand Release Of Accuser’s Yearbook

Watch Roy Moore’s Lawyer Give A Train Wreck Interview On MSNBC

Ivanka On Roy Moore: ‘There’s A Special Place In Hell’ For Child Abusers

Her dad still hasn’t weighed in. Don't hold your breath waiting for that to happen. here's why....

The president’s silence may have something to do with the fact that he, too, was accused during his campaign of sexual assault and harassment by 16 women. Trump has long insisted that those women are lying. He threatened to sue them during his campaign and denied all of their allegations again last month, calling them “fake news” and “made-up stuff.”

Republicans Explain Why They Want Permanent Tax Cuts For Corporations But Not People

Corporations are people, my friends! Talk about hogwash! Typical nonsense from Republicans.

Vet Who Sought VA Help Was Told To Come Back In 3 Months. He Killed Himself Instead.

Charles Ingram III set himself on fire in front of a VA clinic last year.

Lawmakers Introduce ‘Me Too’ Act To Combat Sexual Harassment on Capitol Hill

The legislation aims to streamline the convoluted process through which staffers report incidents.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Three years ago, "Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day" ran a profile of Glen Urquhart, who ran for the “at-large” seat in the U.S. House of Representatives for Delaware in 2010. Urquhart famously claimed during that election year that Adolf Hitler was the first person to advocate for a separation of church and state, and not Founding Father Thomas Jefferson, and further bastardized our third president by claiming his statements on “life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” confirmed his opposition to abortion. Urquhart has not run for any office since losing the GOP Primary for a seat in the Delaware State Senate.

It was in both 2015, and in 2016, that “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Sheryl Nuxoll, who in December of 2012, hatched a plan to steal the election by having 17 or more states that voted for Mitt Romney boycott the Electoral College to prevent them from having a quorum and re-electing Obama. There was just one problem… her plan was bogus because it hinged on an incorrect interpretation of the 12th Amendment. Anyway, she also compared the Affordable Care Act to the Holocaust, saying, much like the Jews boarding the trains to concentration camps the federal government “will pull the trigger on the insurance companies.“ Through the rest of her second term, Nuxoll didn’t quite make headlines for the remainder of her second term, with the exception of when she and her Republican colleagues tried to circumvent the Environmental Protection Agency, with Nuxoll claiming efforts by the EPA to regulate sludge mining were harming the morale of American veterans, and therefore unacceptable. Since heading back in for her third term, in March 2015, Nuxoll angrily walked out of the state House after a Hindu clergyman read a prayer for them, and then went on social media to complain about it and say that Hinduism is “a false faith with false Gods”. When she was called upon to apologize for those statements and disparaging an entire faith, she refused, and stood by them, calling the United States a Christian nation. Religious leaders in Idaho from several different faiths condemned her for being intolerant, but she wasn’t quite done. A month later in April 2015, and Nuxoll was causing trouble again, holding up a bill that if not passed, would leave the state without $46 million in child support funding from the federal government. Her reason for doing so? She felt the bill would somehow be too permissive, and allow the spread of Sharia Law to begin in Idaho. Ah yes. The dread menace of Sharia Law that our separation of church and state already protects us from. And that if it was coming, probably wouldn’t fall upon us because of a CHILD SUPPORT bill.Nuxoll is, to the hilt, a deranged zealot, as in February of 2016, she actually submitted a bill in the Idaho state legislature to have the King James Bible available as a resource not just in classes like English or history where it be relevant, but to have it available as a resource in science classes in public schools. Nuxoll was unseated in the GOP Primary for her seat in the 2016 elections by 111 votes, and is now out of office so we'll set aside his CSGOPOTD profile at this time and go ahead and take a look at a different wacky Republican today instead. (Current crazy/stupid scoreboard, is now 619-20, since this was established in July 2014.)

Shannon Grove

Welcome to the 619th original “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day” profile, where today we’ll be talking about Shannon Grove, who was first elected to the California State Assembly in… you guessed it, the 2010 Tea Party Wave. And, for three terms, Shannon Grove tried her damnedest to be an obstructionist force in the California State Assembly, impotently voting against some of the most common sense bills brought forth in her state while sucking up to nationally more-respected members of the GOP like Mike Huckabee, Ted Cruz, and Kevin McCarthy. Grove is also in pretty tight with the NRA, who in one of their manifestos criticizing California Democrats for actually passing effective gun control measures, they hit her up for a quote, and she gave the really pathetic response of:
    (Note to self: Don’t ask Shannon Grove to call for help if in medical distress.)

Now, there are a lot of issues that when you look at them, are going to make you ask yourself “What the hell is wrong with Shannon Grove?” Perhaps the most glaring one was her vote against California’s law to curtail campus rape and sexual assault by better defining consent. One of the many measures it took was allowing state universities to expel students regardless of if they were found guilty in a court of law (say if a victim was intimidated into not pressing charges, the school would be able to keep the rest of the school safe. She defended her vote, saying:
    But we’re just getting warmed up. You see, back in 2015, while California was experiencing one of its worst droughts in decades, Grove stuck her foot in her mouth again, by commenting:
    So hey, forget doing any superstitious rain dances, guys… the real solution is to make God happy with abortion bans, and he’ll up the precipitation levels. It’s a scientific fact, right? Unlike say, climate change or global warming, which Grove denies the existence of even though there’s like 98% of scientists who agree, “Yeah, that’s a thing all right.” I don’t know how many scientists link abortion and annual rainfall, but they’re definitely in Grove’s sphere of influence.

Here’s the kicker, though… for someone who’s totally pro-life and wants all the babies born that are conceived whether or not a woman gets raped, or if she’s at risk of dying by trying to carry that baby to term… you would think that Shannon Grove would love any government program that helps babies once they’re out of the womb, right? WRONG. Shannon Grove was left grousing after the California state legislature passed a bill so that people on government assistance with newborn children had some way to afford diapers, which she didn’t want them getting help paying for.

After choosing to not seek re-election to the California State Assembly in 2016, Shannon Grove has stocked her coffers to instead, run for California State Senate in 2018. She’ll have competition, though, from a slightly more sane member of the GOP (that’s not saying much), Connie Conway, as well as any Democrats who take a crack at an upset up in the Bakersfield area. We’ll keep you posted on Grove, to find out if she pulled off her quest for the higher chamber (we hope not) this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Joe Biden 2020 Is A Terrible Idea In A Post-Weinstein America

Biden mishandled the Anita Hill hearing in 1991 and is known for getting too close to women. Is that what Democrats want? And he'll be pushing 80 by then. Dems can and should do better than Uncle Joe.
    I really, really like Joe Biden... but yeah. He would be the oldest president ever, and one of, if not the oldest candidate ever from a major party. He always has been a bit handsy during photo ops, and got grief about it during the Obama administration. Every Russian bot would show gifs of any of the times he was touching a woman's neck and spreading it all over the internet for the entire campaign, while trying to pretend that Trump or whomever the GOP have on the ballot in 2020 are some kind of boy scout.

Give me Senator Duckworth, please.

On the other hand, anything from Joe Biden's past of being a little handsy might get squelched by a headline like this:

Joe Biden and Lady Gaga are planning to open several trauma centers for victims of sexual assault.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I really, really like Joe Biden... but yeah. He would be the oldest president ever, and one of, if not the oldest candidate ever from a major party. He always has been a bit handsy during photo ops, and got grief about it during the Obama administration. Every Russian bot would show gifs of any of the times he was touching a woman's neck and spreading it all over the internet for the entire campaign, while trying to pretend that Trump or whomever the GOP have on the ballot in 2020 are some kind of boy scout.

Outside of Duckworth or Warren, who do they have on the bench who doesn't have those sorts of issues?

As for age, whatever. I guess I can see the concern, but Biden is still seriously sharp. I haven't seen one time lately where the guy seemed even a step slow.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post

The GOP would have a field day with Joe and his embarrassing habit of being....familiar with women and make it THE issue against his being president in the campaign, just like they (with help from Russia) relentlessly drummed Hillary's emails into everyone's heads for months last year. And after the Roy Moore debacle, Republicans would kill to earn some payback by slamming Biden 24/7 if he ran for office. I also like Joe, but I hope he realizes how he'd be a liability to the Dems and ultimately decides to back out.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    The GOP would have a field day with Joe and his embarrassing habit of being....familiar with women and make it THE issue against his being president in the campaign, just like they (with help from Russia) relentlessly drummed Hillary's emails into everyone's heads for months last year. And after the Roy Moore debacle, Republicans would kill to earn some payback by slamming Biden 24/7 if he ran for office. I also like Joe, but I hope he realizes how he'd be a liability to the Dems and ultimately decides to back out.
    As much of a liability as the last person they ran?

I guess I just don't see it if he seems like their best shot in a couple of years. Hopefully not, but he's probably be better than trying to sort out who you have that wouldn't get the business while potentially being less of a draw.