Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Each of the Republicans that are talking...

- "Will not add to the deficit."
    - "Will actually cut the taxes of folks making under 75K."

Need to stake careers on it.
    They learned from Kansas that they can bankrupt economies and still get re-elected. So their careers in red states will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    They forgot to add Rats, them New York Style Sewer types who live in giant High Rises with their name on it.

I'm a little surprised you are supporting a "blue dog" democrat like Jones and not trying to draft Nina Turner for a wright-in candidacy.

For honor... Madam-Shogun-Assassin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    But for some reason conservative voters thought that Trumps admin would be different.
    That's just a smoke screen, that's not why they voted for trump. They don't care about economics, not really. They're line of thinking is "As long as those "other people" don't get ahead".

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Flynn prepared to testify Trump directed him to contact Russians: ABC

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u..._medium=Social

St. Mueller is about to begin his great purging & it shall be glorious in it's finality.
    Attachment 58601

I am just praying to all the gods I don't believe in that this is finally, FINALLY going to be the bendell toll that puts an end to this hellish year of Hell...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Attachment 58601

I am just praying to all the gods I don't believe in that this is finally, FINALLY going to be the bendell toll that puts an end to this hellish year of Hell...
    No way.

As much as I love indictment days and charges days and all that, nothing is happening.

All of this is a big deal. Just like all the other big deals that have happened the past year. It will likely have the same outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Ahem.

I NEEDED ANOTHER POST TO WRITE IN ALL CAPITALS HOW ELATED AND TERRIFIED I FEEL!! COULD THIS BE IT?!?!
    I'm worried that the strategy of having about 8 scandals every day may have numbed the media and the public to the enormity of this.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If Trump directed Flynn to contact Russia during the transition, that's especially a big nothingburger, because as National Review put it today (again to remind everyone): "That, however, is exactly the sort of thing the incoming national-security adviser is supposed to do in a transition phase between administrations."

https://apnews.com/99bb8f75c5514af8b7e5ec77ea4f6f68
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieHavoc View Post
    Wait, you guys think this Flynn thing is going to lead somewhere big?

I'm glad he's cooperating and all, but I think you guys are getting your hope up. Nothing actually matters any more and these guys get to do whatever they want with no repercussion.

Though, I hope you guys are all correct and I am wrong.
    Yeah... maybe it's the shitty week I've had with an old friend passing away unexpectedly and my boyfriend's depression coming back, but it's quite possible that nothing at all matters anymore.

Stock market already recovered much of its losses. Because of course.

As usual, other scandals are getting lost today.

Politico reports that Blake Farenthold settled a sexual harassment suit using taxpayer's money.

Will he resign?

Blake "Untold" Farenthold is the stud on the right.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    If Trump directed Flynn to contact Russia during the transition, that's especially a big nothingburger, because as National Review put it today (again to remind everyone): "That, however, is exactly the sort of thing the incoming national-security adviser is supposed to do in a transition phase between administrations."

https://apnews.com/99bb8f75c5514af8b7e5ec77ea4f6f68
    5 Things On Michael Flynn, Russia And Donald Trump

If Flynn was negotiating with the Russians on behalf of an administration not yet in power, that could technically be against the law — though it's a law no one has ever been prosecuted for breaking, the Logan Act. The conversations also expose the Trump administration to more charges about secret collusion with Moscow.
    A National Security Adviser to a seated President, not to someone who hasn't been sworn in yet. There can't be two governments at the same time. Trump can't represent America until he actually became president.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    5 Things On Michael Flynn, Russia And Donald Trump

A National Security Adviser to a seated President, not to someone who hasn't been sworn in yet. There can't be two governments at the same time. Trump can't represent America until he actually became president.
    https://twitter.com/charlie_savage/s...80258060849152
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Mighty Member

Ahhh, okay send Michael Flynn home then.

Jared Kushner is the “very senior member of the presidential transition team” mentioned in the statement of offense as speaking to Flynn on
    Dec 22nd about the UN resolution regarding Israel, two people familiar with the matter tell @NBCNews
    https://twitter.com/NBCPolitics/stat...83393072488449

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    There is always a first time.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.