Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    What is you guys opinion about the U.S having an embassy on Jerusalem.
    It essentially means the end of the two state solution, which is something the current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu does not really support,is officially dead.

Even now Trump is trying to have it both ways by also saying in his speech that "We are not taking a position Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem."
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 12-06-2017 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    That's because they know they can still win elections despite this. The Republican Party needs to be rebranded as the Pedophile Party until they do so. One of my fb friends posted this the other day wrt Roy Moore and conservatives as a whole still being OK with him:

Group
    Of
    Pedophiles

I almost fell off my chair! Thinking about putting it on a bumper sticker.
    There's no accusation of Roy Moore being a pedophile.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    True, but if the governor was a Republican, I'm thinking Franken would be be around until voted out. Neither party is going to give up a seat if they can avoid it.
    Oh yeah.

I think Franken would also be safe if John Kasich were President, and there were no Senate race in Alabama.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Would the appointee of the Minnesota Governor serve the rest of Franken's term until 2020, or only until a special election in 2018?
    Seems the law calls for a special election.

http://www.twincities.com/2017/12/06...r-mark-dayton/

Even in situations where the law does not call for a special election, there is usually political pressure to have one relatively quickly (even if in the next Senate election cycle.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

But there are accusation of him molesting underage girls, mets. Is still bad

Really Mets, how young do they need to be for you to consider him pedophile?
    Cause he molested a 14 year old girl.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

FFS, Mets. He dragged a girl out of her trigonometry high school class to ask her out over the phone. When people say 'pedophile', they mean 'not an adult', and he's gone as young as '14' and was banned from a mall for his behavior towards /teenagers/.. Stop this.
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-06-2017 at 09:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    I'm guessing Trump asked Bannon and Miller and other guys called Steve what the biggest possible distraction from his scandals would be short of setting off a nuke, and this is what they came up with. Then his Opiod Czar gave him a little something to calm his nerves for the announcement, hence the slurred speech.
    The Jerusalem announcement does fit the positive aspects of Trump's brand, when he's not, as Bill Maher described, Teleprompter Trump's evil twin. It represents a willingness to ignore politically correct BS, and we'll see if there was sufficient reason for previous administrations to avoid this particular third rail.

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    But there are accusation of him molesting underage girls, mets. Is still bad
    Not arguing that.

Something can be bad, but not fit a particular definition of bad things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Really Mets, how young do they need to be for you to consider him pedophile?
    Cause he molested a 14 year old girl.
    The term has a clear definition.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Here's the thing...

While I guess I cannot disagree with you about the "Technical" definition of the word, the young woman we are discussing absolutely may have fit into said technical definition at the time.

Unless you are her mother or her doctor at the time, I don't think you can say she didn't fit into the technical definition of the word.

In research environments, specific terms are used for chronophilias: for instance, ephebophilia to refer to the sexual preference for mid-to-late adolescents,[1] hebephilia to refer to the sexual preference for earlier pubescent individuals, and pedophilia to refer to the primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children.[1][2] However, the term pedophilia is commonly used by the general public to refer to any sexual interest in minors below the legal age of consent, regardless of their level of physical or mental development.[3]
    You know what people are saying when they use it that way.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZuLuLu View Post
    It essentially means the end of the two state solution, which is something the current Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu does not really support,is officially dead.

Even now Trump is trying to have it both ways by also saying in his speech that "We are not taking a position Israeli sovereignty in Jerusalem."
    Which really sucks because this is how extremist on both sides want it.

One day there will be peace, this is just a set back.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Here's the thing...

While I guess I cannot disagree with you about the "Technical" definition of the word, the young woman we are discussing absolutely may have fit into said technical definition at the time.

Unless you are her mother or her doctor at the time, I don't think you can say she didn't fit into the technical definition of the word.
    Agreed, she's a minor regardless. And as Tendrin pointed out, the term is a general one to denote others that are after minors under the age of consent.

Astonishing Member

Nikki Haley just stated Us might not go to winter Olympics day after Russia gets banned.

The Jerusalem announcement does fit the positive aspects of Trump's brand, when he's not, as Bill Maher described, Teleprompter Trump's evil twin. It represents a willingness to ignore politically correct BS, and we'll see if there was sufficient reason for previous administrations to avoid this particular third rail.

Not arguing that.

Something can be bad, but not fit a particular definition of bad things.

I refuse to let pedophiles rebrand themselves under a more socially acceptable word because they happen to victimize a different subset of children.
    Words have definitions, but they also have power. "Pedophile" has power that these new terms don't have, which is why pedophiles want this new label instead of the old one.
    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.
    Roy Moore is a pedophile.

BANNED

Have you guys seen this crap?

<shrug>So does 'baby killer'. Democrats need to start playing by the same rules (or lack thereof) as Republicans.

If it were just Moore, that would be one thing. One of Trumps multiple rape accusers was a 13 year old girl. He also bragged about walking in on naked Miss Teen USA contestants when he owned that brand. Despite this, conservatives and evangelicals came out in droves to vote for him. Republicans also bent over backwards defending the Catholic church during their myriad of child molestation charges several years ago. I could go on and on. On this matter (and many others) the Republican Party has Zero. Fucking. Morals.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by inisideguy View Post
    Nikki Haley just stated Us might not go to winter Olympics day after Russia gets banned.
    Why the he'll would we not go? Or is the orange Cheetos upset that his boyfriend isn't gonna be there.