Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    There seem to be report from the Israeli media that other countries will also move their embassies to Jerusalem.
    I bet it's Latveria.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Read my lips: Republicans. Don't. Fucking. CARE.
    You're absolutely right! Republicans can't win elections in most states without independent voters, though. That's who we need to convince.
    Pull List: Barbaric,DC Black Label,Dept. of Truth,Fire Power,Hellboy,Saga,Something is Killing the Children,Terryverse,Usagi Yojimbo.

Ultimate Member

At this point, I fear Franken no longer has a choice but to resign. As I've said previously, Dems can't hold the moral high ground and slam the GOP over Moore while Franken remains in their ranks. For the sake of the greater good (if such a thing still exists in Washington these days), Franken has to do the decent thing and sacrifice himself.
    I don't think this should be about sacrifice -- this should be about finding out the truth and resolving a serious issue in our society, both here and abroad.

Furthermore, I believe that -- ideally -- a person should be considered innocent until proven guilty; not necessarily by a court of law, but at least by facts and evidence as revealed by a real investigative process, complete with interviews and (when deemed necessary) public hearings.

This goes for Franken (who requested them), as well as Moore, as well as Trump. The victim has every right to speak out, but the the accused should have the opportunity to defend themselves before being judged, especially in an era where (online) media manipulation has run rampant over the past few years.

It's way too easy to manipulate the public with false agents and misdirection -- especially in the digital era. If we're really going to resolve this issue we need to investigate it thoroughly instead of just treating it like another public sensation that will most likely fade away within a year or two.

It could be a personal issue, but condemning people in the court of public opinion -- without real trial and discussion of relevant facts -- just doesn't sit well with me.

Everyone should have the right to a fair hearing and/or trial -- even Trump.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-07-2017 at 07:34 AM.

According to Russian officials, Syria has been liberated from ISIS presence.

https://www.rt.com/news/412149-syria...is-terrorists/

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I don't think this should be about sacrifice -- this should be about finding out the truth and resolving a serious issue in our society, both here and abroad.

Furthermore, I believe that -- ideally -- a person should be considered innocent until proven guilty; not necessarily by a court of law, but at least by facts and evidence as revealed by a real investigative process, complete with interviews and (when deemed necessary) public hearings.

This goes for Franken (who requested them), as well as Moore, as well as Trump. The victim has every right to speak out, but the the accused should have the opportunity to defend themselves before being judged, especially in an era where (online) media manipulation has run rampant over the past few years.

It's way too easy to manipulate the public with false agents and misdirection -- especially in the digital era. If we're really going to resolve this issue we need to investigate it thoroughly instead of just treating it like another public sensation that will most likely fade away within a year or two.

It could be a personal issue, but condemning people in the court of public opinion -- without real trial and discussion of relevant facts -- just doesn't sit well with me.

Problem with people like Trump and Moore is --
    Trump "I'll sue them all. Liars! They are too Ugly for me"
    Moore "I am Jesus incarnate. Those women are liars and sinners. [I am a powerful DA, if you say a word of this no one would believe you]"

People like that [Weinstein too] use power to intimidate and make it hard for woman to step forward early enough to warrant a real investigation and trial.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Twitter - Tom Arnold

I’m disappointed with my friend Leeann Tweedon. Her partner at KABC John Phillips is a Roger Stone pal & they coached her for weeks to bring Al Franken down. I’d hoped she’d use her voice to speak out for all women again predators like Roy Moore & Donald Trump but she’s a birther
    Twitter - Tom Arnold pt 2

I’m #MeToo & don’t doubt any other woman but the Leeann Tweeden-John Phillips-Roger Stone lies & set up of Al Franken were part of a larger smear campaign against Al initiated at the same time Leeann came out at KABC. I have proof. Leeann knows it. It’s a disservice to victims.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-07-2017 at 07:54 AM.

MSNBC Reverses Decision To Fire Contributor Sam Seder

Seder and MSNBC were set to part ways when his contributor contract expired next year, with reports indicating the departure had to do with a 2009 tweet from Seder surfaced by the far-right provocateur Mike Cernovich. After initially caving in to right-wing internet outrage over the tweet, MSNBC reversed its decision to not renew Seder’s contract.

“I appreciate MSNBC’s thoughtful reconsideration and willingness to understand the cynical motives of those who intentionally misrepresented my tweet for their own toxic, political purposes,” Seder said in a statement to The Intercept. “We are experiencing an important and long overdue moment of empowerment for the victims of sexual assault and of reckoning for their perpetrators. I’m proud that MSNBC and its staff have set a clear example of the need to get it right.”

Cernovich is a right-wing provocateur and conspiracy theorist who works in hand-in-glove with white supremacists. Cernovich dug up a 2009 tweet from Seder and claimed it endorsed rape. The tweet was meant as a satirical criticism of accused rapist Roman Polanski’s liberal defenders, but MSNBC took Cernovich’s bad-faith reading at face value and fired Seder.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Perhaps "sacrifice" was too strong and/or inappropriate a term to have used. Meanwhile, I agree with everything you said, unfortunately, the situation what it is, and Franken is in an untenable position that makes his having to resign unavoidable. While it's good that Franken has requested public hearings to address the accusations, Trump and Moore won't, the former considers himself too high and mighty and powerful for such trivial things because he's president while the latter hides behind the Bible like a scared child behind his mother's skirts, and both are coddled and enabled by the Republican Party who cares more about power than morality.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Ex-president of Argentina faces arrest warrant for allegedly covering up Iran's role in bombing

No, USA today, she did not cover up the bombing itself. People noticed the bombing right away.

Editors, who needs them, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Ex-president of Argentina faces arrest warrant for allegedly covering up Iran's role in bombing

No, USA today, she did not cover up the bombing itself. People noticed the bombing right away.

Editors, who needs them, amiright?
    Oh yeah Cristina, the last person who was prosecuting her case was killed, i am sure it was a coincidence, i am surprise she is finally being charge, she spent her entire presidency defending against those allegations.

Ultimate Member

Perhaps "sacrifice" was too strong and/or inappropriate a term to have used. Meanwhile, I agree with everything you said, unfortunately, the situation what it is, and Franken is in an untenable position that makes his having to resign unavoidable. While it's good that Franken has requested public hearings to address the accusations, Trump and Moore won't, the former considers himself too high and mighty and powerful for such trivial things because he's president while the latter hides behind the Bible like a scared child behind his mother's skirts, and both are coddled and enabled by the Republican Party who cares more about power than morality.
    I understand the situation; I just don't think this should be based on what Trump, Moore, and the rest of the Republicans will or won't do.

Franken deserves to have a fair and unbiased investigation -- I don't think it's right to condemn a person without due process, whether in the court of opinion or in the court of law.

Trump deserves this as well -- and it should happen whether he is "too busy" or otherwise.

Likewise, if the Republicans could (repeatedly) do that to both Clintons, then the Democrats have no excuse for not doing the same in return.

Investigate both Franken and Trump -- but don't condemn either without due process just to send a message to the "opposition".
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-07-2017 at 08:29 AM.

I understand the situation; I just don't think this should be based on what Trump, Moore, and the rest of the Republicans will or won't do.

Franken deserves to have a fair and unbiased investigation -- I don't think it's right to condemn a person without due process, whether in the court of opinion or in the court of law.

Trump deserves this as well -- and it should happen whether he is "too busy" or otherwise.

Likewise, if the Republicans could (repeatedly) do that to both Clintons, then the Democrats have no excuse for not doing the same in return.

Investigate both Franken and Trump -- but don't condemn either without due process just to send a message to the "opposition".
    I am all in favor of Congress investigating the Sexual harassment claims against Trump, if they can do it in a no-partisan, unbiased way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I am all in favor of Congress investigating the Sexual harassment claims against Trump, if they can do it in a no-partisan, unbiased way.
    It's on the Democrats to maintain non-partisanship if they ever get the power to launch such an investigation -- all the talk of "morality" can't just apply to beating up on your own party to make a statement that the other side will only perceive as weakness.

It's on the Democrats to maintain non-partisanship if they ever get the power to launch such an investigation -- all the talk of "morality" can't just apply to beating up on your own party to make a statement that the other side will only perceive as weakness.
    That sounds reasonable.

BANNED

the badge wearing murderer who gunned down Walter Scott got 19 years

Ideally, Id like the first jury (who made this a mistrial) to be cited for malfeasance or contempt of court

even with video evidence, WHITE jurors wouldn't convict someone because they were wearing a badge