BANNED

ive opted to just ignore certain individuals (both online and offline)

they clearly are not interested in bettering circumstances, just that their preferred party stays in power

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    If you're a whistler blower, you're protected. Trump even strengthened whistle blower laws with an EO.
    Would an actor who is not a salaried employee of (what was it again?) Mark Burnett Productions even be protected under Whistle Blower Law?

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That's not my assertion -- my assertion is that it's hypocritical of you to say you actually care about the issue of sexual harassment when you didn't even "vote against" someone who advocated sexual assault becoming our president.
    To repeat...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While sexual misconduct is certainly an issue, what I care about is that the people dealing with that misconduct are at the mercy of a policing mechanism that is set up by Congress with it's members' benefit in mind.

The issue is victims having a more level playing field when it comes to trying to address that misconduct.
    The real issue here is if folks have a viable means to actually hold members of Congress accountable when it it comes to this.

Not to minimize sexual harassment.

BANNED

why wouldn't you want to minimize sexual harassment?

I know for many men, they feel they are entitled to behave in certain ways

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Killin' me, Smalls.

"Not to minimize(the importance of sexual harassment as an issue versus the importance of folks having an actual means of addressing sexual harassment)."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post

Like telling others -- including women -- what the "real issue" is when discussing and trying to prevent sexual harassment.

None of what he is arguing disputes my original point regardless -- namely that people deserve the right to a fair hearing and trial, regardless of whether he might "lose sleep" over it or not.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-07-2017 at 01:30 PM.

To me, the second one will get you to minimizing sexual harassment.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Like telling others -- including women -- what the "real issue" is when discussing sexual harassment.
    Sure.

Because no women have been coming out and saying the current means of holding sexual harassers accountable are woefully inadequate.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Sure.

Because no women have been coming out and saying the current means of holding sexual harassers accountable are woefully inadequate.
    No one is even arguing that -- as usual, you're way out in left field, dancing with the strawmen you made yourself.

One thing is for certain though: not "voting against" a man who advocates sexual assault didn't do anything to further the cause you claim to support.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Would an actor who is not a salaried employee of (what was it again?) Mark Burnett Productions even be protected under Whistle Blower Law?
    NDA's usually cover things like plots in film.

Not sure the film industry has tried out a whistle blower case yet.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Just upload it to youtube via a proxy in China. No one has to know who leaked it, just get it out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    Just upload it to youtube via a proxy in China. No one has to know who leaked it, just get it out there.
    That would be ... "FAKE NEWS!!!!1one!!!" comrade.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    I think you have him confused. Franken pretty much admitted that everything the women described happened, just that the remembered the mood differently and didn't realize how they perceived the situations at the time.
    Not even close to what he said. Here's what he said in the resignation speech:

Over the last few weeks, a number of women have come forward to talk about how they felt my actions had affected them. I was shocked. I was upset. But in responding to their claims, I also wanted to be respectful of that broader conversation. Because all women deserve to be heard and their experiences taken seriously. I think that was the right thing to do. I also think it gave some people the false impression that I was admitting to doing things that in fact I haven't done. Some of the allegations against me are simply not true. Others I remember very differently. I

Quote Originally Posted by SquirrelMan View Post
    You seem worried.

Why?
    I don't like mob rule.

Some people do, when it suits their political agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ouroboros View Post
    Not even close to what he said. Here's what he said in the resignation speech:
    Yes, because his resignation speech was the first time he talked about it.

Oh wait.

"From these stories, it's been clear that there are some women — and one is too many — who feel that I have done something disrespectful, and that's hurt them, and for that I am tremendously sorry."

“I can’t say that it hasn’t happened. In crowded chaotic situations, I can’t say that I have not done that. I am very sorry if these women experienced that.”
    So much denial.
    Last edited by SquirrelMan; 12-07-2017 at 02:12 PM.