Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Melwicker View Post
    This is horrible. Isn't this sort of thing unconstitutional? Trump should be impeached for this.
    Yes, but unfortunately the Republicans are just letti g him sputter this crap off with no filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    So this is a thing that the Alabama democratic party is trying, in order to get people out to vote next week.

Why do we care about this trash state again?
    Because it is part of the union, and there are decent and smart people that live there.

Is this about Hope Hicks? Seems that Trump Jr. Named her as well in this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    I refuse to let pedophiles rebrand themselves under a more socially acceptable word because they happen to victimize a different subset of children.
    Words have definitions, but they also have power. "Pedophile" has power that these new terms don't have, which is why pedophiles want this new label instead of the old one.
    I wouldn't give them the satisfaction.
    Roy Moore is a pedophile.
    It's not a new definition, though.

Quote Originally Posted by 4saken1 View Post
    <shrug>So does 'baby killer'. Democrats need to start playing by the same rules (or lack thereof) as Republicans.

If it were just Moore, that would be one thing. One of Trumps multiple rape accusers was a 13 year old girl. He also bragged about walking in on naked Miss Teen USA contestants when he owned that brand. Despite this, conservatives and evangelicals came out in droves to vote for him. Republicans also bent over backwards defending the Catholic church during their myriad of child molestation charges several years ago. I could go on and on. On this matter (and many others) the Republican Party has Zero. Fucking. Morals.
    The woman with the most outrageous story hasn't come forward. The other rape accuser says she was misinterpreted.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    You're usually not this much of a hardliner with regards to the proper usage of words.
    Really? I'm sure you can find a lot of examples of me being quite pedantic.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    I understand the situation; I just don't think this should be based on what Trump, Moore, and the rest of the Republicans will or won't do.

Franken deserves to have a fair and unbiased investigation -- I don't think it's right to condemn a person without due process, whether in the court of opinion or in the court of law.

Trump deserves this as well -- and it should happen whether he is "too busy" or otherwise.

Likewise, if the Republicans could (repeatedly) do that to both Clintons, then the Democrats have no excuse for not doing the same in return.

Investigate both Franken and Trump -- but don't condemn either without due process just to send a message to the "opposition".
    Democrats are limited in their ability to investigate Trump by their minority status, as well as various statutes. This is all subject to change if they get the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    the badge wearing murderer who gunned down Walter Scott got 19 years

Ideally, Id like the first jury (who made this a mistrial) to be cited for malfeasance or contempt of court

even with video evidence, WHITE jurors wouldn't convict someone because they were wearing a badge
    11 out of 12 jurors were ready to convict last time.

The problem was that they couldn't get to a unanimous decision.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/05/u...ston.html?_r=0
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's official: Al Franken is resigning in the coming weeks.

The ball is in your court, Trump, McConnell, Ryan and the rest of the cowardly GOP.

I want to know more about what Tami posted concerning Tom Arnold's knowledge of Roger Stone being involved. I'm starting to wonder just what Tom Arnold knows. He also claimed to have knowledge of between takes footage of Trump using the n word and all sorts of inappropriate stuff on "The Apprentice"
    Franken's resignation speech wasn't the most contrite; it seemed to suggest he was unfairly forced out.

The whole thing is tainted by the political opportunism (Would Democrats have done it if it weren't a bludgeon against a Republican President and a guy running for a Senate seat at a time when Democrats are within three seats of getting back the majority?)

Quote Originally Posted by Madam-Shogun-Assassin View Post
    I said this in the controversy thread......so this opinion is kinda dicey, but i think it's perfectly fine for people to ask Al Franken to step down. My issue is that people seem to not understand this is not about "party loyalty" in regards to supporting people like Al, or Roy Moore, this is about policy. Policy that effects a lot of people, for better or for worse. THIS is why people are supporting problematic people like Roy Moore. Having said that i personally don't think Franken should resign. Hell even his critics like Ana Marie Cox said she might vote for him again. He definitely doesn't deserve to be put in the same convo as Roy Moore...ugh.
    Policy disputes should be settled during elections. Attempts to get someone to resign should have nothing to do with voting records, or political views, but about behaviors that would be wrong regardless of who does it.

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    That's not my assertion -- my assertion is that it's hypocritical of you to say you actually care about the issue of sexual harassment when you didn't even "vote against" someone who advocated sexual assault becoming our president.

I'm not going to keep arguing this with you -- but at least get your facts straight.

You might "care" -- but your inaction will always speak louder than your posts.
    It is possible for someone to care about an issue, without it being a dealbreaker.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    The "joke" in this case being the adult equivalent of that kid in grade school that would get the teacher so mad that they would punish the whole class, then laugh because they don't care if they get punished as long as everyone else gets punished right along side them?
    Who would the teacher be in this scenario? Their guy (Trump) is in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    You can't forgot the modern classics like Clarence Thomas, Strom Thurmond, and Newt Gingrich.
    Looking at recent situations where men are serial predators (even Al Franken had accusers) it does seem telling that no one else has made allegations against Clarence Thomas.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

In a bit of a sudden shocker, Arizona Congressman, anti-abortion zealot, and CSGOPOTD alumni Trent Franks has announced he's resigning. Details are sketchy on his reasons at the moment.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Various media sources are apparently working on a story about dozens of members of congress accused of sexual harassment.

Someone I know who works in a congressional office said around Thanksgiving that the number was 11 Republicans and 11 Democrats.
    Congressional staffer Michael Trujilo says that 20-30 members of Congress will be named in a CNN/ Washington Post report.
    Former Wall Street Journal reporter Neil King puts the number at nearly 40.

There's a lot of talk that Representative Trent Franks, a tea party favorite Congressman from Arizona, will be resigning. If it's due to a wider investigation, there is likely to be more to come.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

So, when was America great according to these MAGA types?

According to Roy Moore, during the days of slavery.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-n...921-story.html

In response to a question from one of the only African Americans in the audience — who asked when Moore thought America was last “great” -- Moore acknowledged the nation’s history of racial divisions, but said: “I think it was great at the time when families were united — even though we had slavery — they cared for one another…. Our families were strong, our country had a direction.”

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    Well, he was also confronted with things like this ... which he is right to deny. But the actual groping is something he repeatedly said we should believe the women about.
    Dare you to supply a quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Oh come on. You love mob rule when it is your mob.
    I'm rubber, you're glue.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Franken's resignation speech wasn't the most contrite; it seemed to suggest he was unfairly forced out.

The whole thing is tainted by the political opportunism (Would Democrats have done it if it weren't a bludgeon against a Republican President and a guy running for a Senate seat at a time when Democrats are within three seats of getting back the majority?)

Policy disputes should be settled during elections. Attempts to get someone to resign should have nothing to do with voting records, or political views, but about behaviors that would be wrong regardless of who does it.

It is possible for someone to care about an issue, without it being a dealbreaker.

Who would the teacher be in this scenario? Their guy (Trump) is in charge.

Looking at recent situations where men are serial predators (even Al Franken had accusers) it does seem telling that no one else has made allegations against Clarence Thomas.
    Re: opportunism, Ben Shapiro asserted today that the Dems wouldn't have been so moral if they didn't think they could replace Franken easily with one of their own.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    You can't argue that you care about preventing something, while simultaneously enabling it.

Well, you can -- but no one should take you seriously when you do so.

Kind of like when you send your "sentiments" regarding my experiences with racial profiling yet continue to support the party that has so little issue with it that some of them have already tried to codify it into law (Guiliani) or been pardoned for engaging in it to the point of criminality (Arpaio).

When people really "care" about changing something, they don't continue to enable it.

But I get it -- Trump bragging about sexual assault wasn't a "dealbreaker" for him and the Republican tendency to treat "minorities" as second-class citizens in this country is not a "dealbreaker" for you.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-07-2017 at 05:02 PM.

"Jobs" President, eh?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...uts/929888001/

General Electric to cut 12,000 jobs in power division

Astonishing Member

Franken should have thrown down an ultimatum that he'd step down when Roy Moore does the same.

BANNED

pfew, lucky I never took that position at GE a couple years back

id be out of a job soon