"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Newsweek is saying Bannon next on the indictment list.
    Oh, how I would love to see Bannon being dragged offstage at Moore's rally.

Speaking of Roy Moore, America First Project, a pro-Trump super PAC paid to have a 12-year old girl travel down to Alabama to interview Roy Moore. No seriously. Have a watch!

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    The Pew Poll listed on there is correct, 34% approve is what they published.
    No, that was last month.
    RCP actually links to this poll:

Currently, 32% of the public approves of the way Trump is handling his job as president, while 63% disapprove. Trump’s job approval is little changed since October (34%), but lower than in early February (39%), a few weeks after Trump’s inauguration.
    http://www.people-press.org/2017/12/...to-the-nation/

Edit: Ah; RCP went with the "registered voters" subsample. Most other media did not.

Pew Research Center surveys are based on the general public, rather than registered or likely voters. Trump’s approval rating in the current survey among registered voters is 34%.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

All right, the third Bama poll of the day, and this is clearly some kind of elaborate prank now:

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I predict that whether Moore is 10 pts up or 10 pts down, he's gonna get an unaccounted for bump of 2-3 % pts. So if you think Doug is up or down 2-3 pts, and you want Jones to win, you should probably be concerned.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Someone needs to say those very words to Adolph Twitler. Never mind, even if that happened, he wouldn't listen. I'm sure he can't wait to pin what happened on a person of Muslim descent.
    Which is completely wrong. Right?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/11...yed-ullah.html

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/12/11/us...way/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I predict that whether Moore is 10 pts up or 10 pts down, he's gonna get an unaccounted for bump of 2-3 % pts. So if you think Doug is up or down 2-3 pts, and you want Jones to win, you should probably be concerned.
    It's still looking like a close race. The popular belief is that Moore is going to win, and maybe he will but...

The last person Trump supported in Alabama lost the primary
    The last time everyone was convinced that one person was going to win (Clinton), the other guy won (Trump)

So, I'm not making any predictions except that if Moore does win Alabama will end up regretting it one way or another.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Antifa is a reaction, always has been

there wouldn't even BE an Antifa if we didn't have Nazis openly marching in American streets
    I hope you're not trying to claim that all the people assaulted at Berkeley in February were all Nazis.

Or are modern ultraliberals willing to go back to the old practice of "fellow travelers?" Liberals didn't like it back in the 50s, but maybe that was only because it was being used against them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    How many people have Antifa killed in gas chambers or while dragging them accross the ocean in chains?

Defending racists makes one a racist.
    Oversimplifying the complexity of evil to score ideological points is just another form of evil.

or a collaborator
    Another word for "fellow traveler," no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    But clearly, in some depraved, demented minds, punching Nazis and breaking a few shop windows is as bad as sending 6 million Jews to the gas chambers. And just a little worse than ripping more than 15 million African men, women and children from their home, putting them in chains, treating them as cattle, raping, murdering, crippling them. I swear, it scares me what is in some people's hearts. The abyss, it does not end.
    "Degree" is one of the differences that can be pointed out in assessing the evils of slavery, of Nazism, of Communism, of imperialism or of ultraliberalism.

But it's not the only one, and the old "as bad as Hitler" schtick is so old it has whiskers.

when they are Nazis, yes you do - when that "belief" is the genocide or oppression of people that are not you, its definitely OK

my grandfather and great uncle ACTUALLY punched Nazis in WW2 when they found Nazis hiding in a French village

my great uncle was on MP detail and was breaking up a bar fight (this was post D-Day), one of the people fighting starting shouting in German - turns out he and 6 of his buddies ditched their uniforms and had been hiding out
    So how many Antifa are in the U.S, military?

Or do they have their own agenda, as much as the Ku Klux Klan?

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    The last person Trump supported in Alabama lost the primary
    That was only because Trump oddly went straight against the conservative grassroots with Strange. There was serious dissatisfaction from hardcore Trumpers on that, even I was surprised because I didn't know squat about Moore. That's the story some may miss...the conservative grassroots and its Trump-like passion for Moore. I was surprised how many non-Alabamians knew of Moore and loved him.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 12-11-2017 at 03:32 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

they are attacking, they just have different weapons now

people like Richard Spencer and Milo consider themselves "generals", rallying the angry white man to their cause - they call it "a war on white culture"

Im a veteran, 3rd generation of my family to serve...if they want to play at war, I have ZERO problem with them or their followers being treated as such
    If someone attacks you, sure, defend yourself.

It's the "pre-emptive strike" that remains morally bankrupt, whether it's practiced by Dubya or Antifa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Ben effing Shapiro, even handed? Your true colors are glaringly obvious.
    My statement was that the particular analysis Shapiro put forth regarding Charlottesville was even-handed. I didn't even agree with all of his points in it-- he actually agrees with you liberals that the Donald was playing to the Alt-Right in his "nice people" comments, while I think he was playing to less hardline conservatives with his remarks on Andrew Jackson, George Washington, et al.

I asked months ago for an example of a news agency that really analyzed the conflict in Charlottesville, and no one here offered any answers. I found one or two sources myself, but none of them were as good as Shapiro in breaking down the mutual responsibility of both protesters and counter-protesters for the violence.

Whatever Shapiro's faults, he's not nearly as brain-dead as John Oliver and Larry Wilmore.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Attachment 59234

He's slime.
    Answered already. But what has Shapiro's opinion of Arabs got to do with his analysis of Antifa?

And if an Antifa guy attacks me because I'm in an audience listening to a conservative speaker, I think that's a better definition of "slime" than hurtful words.