Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    from Kentucky

State rep Dan Johnson - under investigation for molesting a teenage girl, and refusing to resign amid the allegations, has committed suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Holy shit.
    Well, that's the most relevant timing I've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Does this include Omarosa? I heard that she had some dispute about her bridesmaids visiting the White House without permission and that's why she's gone.
    The 20 already includes Omarosa. 4 more are expected to resign. Someone on All In with Chris Hayes was talking Omarosa an they put up the full list of people already gone, and he had a reporter say four more are coming post New Year's.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    WBE just profiled him yesterday. Holy crap.

He apparently posted one final thing on Facebook before dying, but given how morbid things are, I'm not going to post it.

Despite everything, I wish his family the best during these trouble times. I've lost family members to suicide and its never easy (never for reasons like this though).
    Yeah, I know. I pointed out the charges to him, 'coz I was on my way to post them right after he dropped his profile of the guy. I feel much as you do about this.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    Yeah, I know. I pointed out the charges to him, 'coz I was on my way to post them right after he dropped his profile of the guy. I feel much as you do about this.
    I mean, I'm very conflicted on the matter and I don't blame anyone for feeling whatever they feel in the matter. Upset, sadden, satisfied, whatever. I'm just hoping his family the best and hope the victim finds maybe some closure with this. Either way, it's just a heavy thing and for the best of everyone, I recommend no one here post the final words. Let's just leave this where it is and move on.

A Monmouth Poll out today has Donald Trump at an all-time low approval rating of 32 percent.

The more shocking result in the poll? They asked, "Which party's candidates would you be more willing to vote for in 2018, Democrat or Republican?"

51% said they lean, or will vote Democrat. Only 36% said Republican. The GOP was panicked when the generic party vote sat at -7%. It's now double that, at -15%. In the 2006 mid-terms, Democrats won big with +8% on this question, an Bush's approval rating at 32%... with six months to go before the election.

Blue Wave is already hitting, and it keeps looking bigger.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And on the topic of executive experience, I feel I should point out that James Buchanan, who had what was at the time a glowing resume in that regard, is now widely regarded by historians as one the worsts presidents to have ever held office, if not the worst.
    While I think that anyone should get to run until the "You Gotta Be..." changes, George HW Bush was arguably the most qualified(in terms of past positions in the "Government"/"Military" bigger picture). That only translated into competency.
    Last edited by numberthirty; 12-13-2017 at 07:15 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by InformationGeek View Post
    I mean, I'm very conflicted on the matter and I don't blame anyone for feeling whatever they feel in the matter. Upset, sadden, satisfied, whatever. I'm just hoping his family the best and hope the victim finds maybe some closure with this. Either way, it's just a heavy thing and for the best of everyone, I recommend no one here post the final words. Let's just leave this where it is and move on.
    horses**t

he was a garbage human who peddled the Bible to hurt the innocent (he was a church pastor)

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    horses**t

he was a garbage human who peddled the Bible to hurt the innocent (he was a church pastor)
    I'm not giving him a pass for anything. F**k him for his crimes. I'm just very conflicted and numb when it comes to suicide due to personal experiences from family to friends.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36...ct-allegations

And another one gone. PBS has now fired their entire late night line-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Most Write-ins aren't writing in Mickey Mouse. many are writing themselves in. Do I want them to support my candidate? Sure, I'm a Progressive. I want them to join me. If they don't I'm fine with that.
    Many write-ins are for candidates that lost in the primaries. How many people wrote in Bernie Sanders in November 2016?

BANNED

root them all out

Tails Magazine either has a big typo in their cover, or has broken a major celebrity scandal.

Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Tails Magazine either has a big typo in their cover, or has broken a major celebrity scandal.

I think she may have watched Hannibal a little too much...

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Okay ... so it was jsut some random guy? I thought you were referencing it was Alex Jones or Milo or something.
    Here's your guy...

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    Are you sure, a lot of republican didnt vote because Moore was the candidate, giving Jones the win.
    One other thing about this...

When you factor in that the 2008 Sessions/Figures race had a 0.12 "Write In" percentage versus 1.7 percent this year, it seems like that could point to a lack of enthusiasm for Moore.

More on Farenthold:
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/13/politi...ons/index.html

(CNN)A former senior aide to Rep. Blake Farenthold has approached the House Ethics Committee to share a damning account of working for the Texas Republican, with the intent of describing the congressman as verbally abusive and sexually demeaning -- and his congressional office as an intensely hostile environment that drove the aide to physical and emotional distress.
    Michael Rekola, who was Farenthold's communications director in 2015, described in an interview with CNN new details of the congressman's abusive behavior. It ranged from making sexually graphic jokes to berating aides -- bullying that Rekola says led him to seek medical treatment and psychological counseling, and at one point, caused him to vomit daily.
    Rep. Mia Love has called for his resignation, at least.