As for the talk of who came out a "Loser" last night, I thought it was odd that more folks didn't mention Kay Ivey's name. Seems like there was no upside for her last night.

Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Disney-Fox: Shock, Fear and Uncertainty Heighten in Face of Impending Mega Deal

Another lingering question is what will become of the key assets that will be left behind with the Murdochs once the Disney deal closes.

That the Murdochs are planning to part with the 20th Century Fox studio is seen as prime evidence that the days of scripted entertainment programming at Fox Broadcasting Co. are numbered. Scripted programming is so costly these days that the real profits come not from the advertising haul from debut airings on the network but in aftermarket streaming, syndication and international licensing. Networks across the board are looking to own more of their programming, not less. Sure, the Murdochs could launch a studio operation to replace the 20th Century Fox supply chain, but that hardly seems like a practical use of capital at a time when the chase for creative talent has turned into an arms race.
    Insiders have picked up the nomenclature of Wall Street analysts in referring to the acquisition targets as “GoCo” and the remaining units as “StayCo.” There’s no clarity yet on how the division of labor will be determined for those whose work straddles either side of the Go and Stay divide.

All of these moving parts will influence the kind of skill sets required of the employees who remain with the Fox network.

The closer the deal comes to fruition, the higher the level of “what now” angst climbs among Fox staffers. On the Disney side, some executives are reading Wall Street’s glowing reports about Fox’s film and TV management teams with trepidation. At this pre-launch moment, the only thing that the thousands of Disney and Fox employees affected by the transaction can count on is that the horizon will probably get a whole lot cloudier before it gets clearer.
    So I wonder how, if in any way this might affect Fox News?

On this date in 2014, 2015, as well as 2016, “Crazy/Stupid Republican of the Day posted profiles of Cathrynn Brown, a former a board member of the anti-abortion association Right to Life of Carlsbad who first found her way into the New Mexico House of Representatives in the 2010 Tea Party Wave who in January 2013, submitted a bill that would punish any rape victim seeking an abortion with jail time on that they would be “tampering with evidence” from the crime. This, but only a few months after the downfall of Congressman Todd Akin, and RNC Chairman Reince Priebus pleading with his party members to please stop talking about rape. Brown tried chalking up the whole thing to a “misunderstanding” (yeah, a former board member of an anti-abortion group just ACCIDENTALLY did that) and then shelved her bill, scrubbing most of her social media profile and hoping everyone would forget she did such a thing when the 2014 elections rolled around, and she’d be able to be re-elected. It worked, and since, Brown has continued voting for abortion restrictions, sponsored stricter voter ID laws to combat the statistically non-existent problem of “voter fraud”, tried passing legislation to deny foreign nationals the ability to get drivers’ licenses, and even voted against minimum wage increases.

Cathrynn Brown was re-elected in 2016 by the benefit of getting to run unopposed. She has used her fourth term in office to show she’s also terrible on LGBT rights, as she voted against a bill that banned gay conversion therapy in New Mexico. Heck of a legacy she’s got going.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Kentucky lawmaker kills himself days after being accused of molesting teen girl

Kentucky state Rep. Dan Johnson took his own life on Wednesday afternoon after being publicly accused of molesting a teen girl, according to ABC affiliate WHAS in Louisville.

An expansive expose published Monday by the Kentucky Center for Investigative Reporting alleged that Johnson sexually abused the 17-year-old victim after a New Year's party in 2013.

Bullitt County coroner David Billings told ABC News Wednesday night that Johnson was found with a single gunshot wound to the head at Greenwell Ford Road in Mount Washington, Kentucky. His death is being treated as a “probable suicide.” A .40 caliber gun was recovered at the scene and is in the possession of law enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

No, it won't effect Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post

Fox News goes broadcast with Sports.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

The Dan Johnson story just gets weirder.

http://longcon.kycir.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    The Dan Johnson story just gets weirder.

http://longcon.kycir.org/
    I really only scratched the surface about how pathologically crazy that guy was.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I really only scratched the surface about how pathologically crazy that guy was.
    Given how much crazy is out there I don't really think you're to blame.

So, I actually got to take in a little coverage of this whole "Omarosa" business tonight. To me, it almost feels like it might not be on the level and it's a smoke bomb they tossed to try to make it a little harder to get a view of what was going to be a bad day.

It's almost too kooky to actually be.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

When Will Paul Ryan Step Down?

It’s a question lawmakers are asking. No more Eddie Munster to kick around? Say it ain't so!

121 Members Of Congress Call For End Of Restrictions On Gun Violence Research

“We should all be able to agree that our response should be informed by sound scientific evidence,” they wrote. Well, now, this is certainly encouraging.

Roy Moore Still Won’t Concede Defeat: ‘The Battle Rages On’

President Trump has reportedly already invited Moore’s opponent — and now senator-elect — Doug Jones to the White House. The sore loser is strong in Roy.

Video Shows Trump Supporters Saying 5-Year-Old Girl ‘Looks Like’ A Terrorist

After verbally attacking a Palestinian-American family, the Trump supporters claimed they are not racists. Maybe, but they're damn sure assholes.

Congresswoman Says The Way Some Women Dress Is An ‘Invitation’ To Harassment

Democratic Rep. Marcy Kaptur later attempted to clarify her comments. That sounded like something a Republican would say.

Lastly, someone wrote this on Dolt45's Twitter page:

Roses are red,
    Alabama is blue,
    Mueller says hi,
    He's coming for you.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-14-2017 at 02:22 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    So, I actually got to take in a little coverage of this whole "Omarosa" business tonight. To me, it almost feels like it might not be on the level and it's a smoke bomb they tossed to try to make it a little harder to get a view of what was going to be a bad day.

It's almost too kooky to actually be.
    I'd believe it. She had a somewhat disastrous appearance at a panel during the Black Journalists convention back in August.

Omarosa spars with journalist at Black Journalist convention

Some of the "highlights"

White House aide Omarosa Manigault's chilly reception on a panel at a convention for black journalists Friday spiraled into a screaming match following questions about President Donald Trump's views on police brutality.

During the panel, several activists in the audience stood and turned their backs to the stage in protest.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    As for the talk of who came out a "Loser" last night, I thought it was odd that more folks didn't mention Kay Ivey's name. Seems like there was no upside for her last night.
    She's running for a full term, and needs to win the primary. She has semi-prominent opponents already (a State Senator, and the mayor of the state's third-largest city.)
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

https://www.propublica.org/article/p...ailynewsletter

The license suspensions help answer a question at the center of a Times-Union/ProPublica investigation of pedestrian tickets in Jacksonville: What are the consequences for individuals swept up in the Jacksonville Sheriff Office’s aggressive enforcement of some two dozen often obscure pedestrian statutes?
    Last month, the Times-Union/ProPublica investigation showed that 55 percent of the tickets given in recent years went to blacks despite the fact that they make up only 29 percent of the city’s population. Blacks were similarly overrepresented in the 932 tickets that led to license suspensions — 54 percent.
    Florida state Sen. Jeff Brandes, a Republican from Pinellas County who sits on the legislature’s criminal justice committee, has repeatedly introduced measures that would prohibit driver’s license suspensions for non-driving offenses.
    In an interview Monday, Brandes said that a driver’s license suspension is often a Floridian’s first experience with the criminal justice system. Then, he added, it can “snowball” from there.
    “You don’t pay the fine, or you can’t pay the fine, but you still have got to get to work — then you’re facing a Catch-22,” Brandes said. “Do I drive and not make it to work and get fired, or do I not drive and get fired? We just think that, unless it’s a driving-relating incident, you shouldn’t have to make that choice.”
    Rare I get to say something positive about a Republican... so good for Jeff Brandes on this count. Given his A+ rating with Americans for Prosperity, I can't imagine you'll get to hear me say a lot of that, but y'know...
    Last edited by Tendrin; 12-14-2017 at 05:14 AM.