Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And how long will it be before Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and Lindsay Graham realize he's a liability to the party if they want it to survive.
    When Trump's legion of lemmings abandon him, so will Turtle Boy and company, and not a moment before. Everyone here already knows my views on the repugnant relationship between Trump and the GOP, but, for any newcomers in the crowd, short and sweet: Republicans need Trump's followers for a 2020 reelection bid, and since, as I've long maintained, those followers are more devoted to Trump than to the party, GOP bigwigs have no choice to kowtow, enable and otherwise kiss Dolt45's bulbous orange ass 24/7 or risk losing him, and those millions of votes for the next election.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmando7 View Post
    Sandy Hook was 5 years ago today. What has changed since then?
    Other than scores more gun deaths? Not a goddamn thing. Sandy Hook was supposed to have been THE tipping point in the gun control debate, the incident that changed EVERYTHING, but, thanks to the NRA, the gun lobby and their spineless Republican enablers in Congress, the status quo not only remained intact, things have gotten worse.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-14-2017 at 08:34 AM.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Loosening gun laws across the country,

GOP wants to make open carry from the State with the most lax law nation wide.
    Do you think things will change when the Dems take the house and senate?

Blake Farenthold has announced he won’t be seeking re-election.

Do you think things will change when the Dems take the house and senate?
    Some things, they won't pass bills to loosen gun laws like the GOP, and maybe pass a few common sense ones.

But fear of the NRA keeps all politicians from doing the right thing.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Anyone keeping track? Looks like Ballotpedia is

A list of who's leaving Congress

I think these lists need to be updated. Going to see if I can get a more accurate assessment.

Not counting those who left to become part of the Trump Administration:

So far, in the Senate, it looks like 1 Democrat and 2 Republicans [Though I seriously doubt, unfortunately since it is a horrible thing to have cancer, McCain will be running for re-election]

In the House, it looks like 14 Democrats and 28 Republicans

I could be wrong and this keeps changing all the time.
    Last edited by Tami; 12-14-2017 at 09:09 AM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Omarosa: I saw things in Trump White House 'I was very uncomfortable with'

What? Your reflection in a mirror? There's more:

"There were a lot of things that I observed during the last year that I was very unhappy with, that I was very uncomfortable with," Manigault Newman, who led communications at the Office of Public Liaison told Michael Strahan on ABC's "Good Morning America."

"I'm not going to expand on it because I still have to go back and work with these individuals, but when I have a chance to tell my story, Michael, quite a story to tell as the only African-American woman in this White House as a senior staff and assistant to the president, I have seen things that made me uncomfortable, that have upset me, that have affected me deeply and emotionally, that has affected my community and my people. And when I can tell my story, it is a profound story that I know the world will want to hear," she said.
    Code for: "Wait until the book comes out and I can rake in beaucoup cash for my tell-all". Please. There is nothing that harridan can say that I'll be even remotely interested in hearing. Like Ben Carson, Omarosa sold her community and her people down the fucking river to kiss up to the Orange Menace, that makes her a first class traitor in my book.
    Last edited by WestPhillyPunisher; 12-14-2017 at 09:03 AM.

BANNED

Sandy Hook was 5 years ago today. What has changed since then?
    Here in CT, the state legislature did pass a redone background check law, along with a ban on extended magazines, and some permitting changes

a gun manufacturer packed up and left the state after that, but another one moved in

also Chris Murphy pushes all the time for legislation in the Senate

its nice to have both of our state senators be people we can be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    No one outside the WH seemed to be clear on what her role actually was, or what her qualifications were

I think it was just a combination of another loss for the Rs, coupled with everything else going on, she was a casualty
    Did anyone inside the White House understand this?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    And how long will it be before Mitch McConnell, Paul Ryan and Lindsay Graham realize he's a liability to the party if they want it to survive. They need to find the anti-Trump.
    Between the rise of the Tea Party and Trump, they've gone to the dark side.
    They're aware of this but they don't want to piss off the primary voters who currently like him.

On the question of when the media will treat him as a failed President they're not in a position to get more definitive until the end of this administration as there is otherwise the theoretical possibility of success.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    They're aware of this but they don't want to piss off the primary voters who currently like him.

On the question of when the media will treat him as a failed President they're not in a position to get more definitive until the end of this administration as there is otherwise the theoretical possibility of success.
    I don't know, after Katrina, they treated Bush as a failure.

Of course the press is largely ignoring big disasters like Puerto Rico in lieu of sexier stories. But as the failures and ruinations of this administration add up they will need to make not that he is amoung the worst Presidents in history.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

GOP wants to make open carry from the State with the most lax law nation wide.
    That only apply for handguns, do you consider that still a problem kirby?

I don't know, after Katrina, they treated Bush as a failure.

Of course the press is largely ignoring big disasters like Puerto Rico in lieu of sexier stories. But as the failures and ruinations of this administration add up they will need to make not that he is amoung the worst Presidents in history.
    John Oliver called it the bed of nails theory. Trump keeps up so many scandals that no one can do any real damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    John Oliver called it the bed of nails theory. Trump keeps up so many scandals that no one can do any real damage.
    Yes. It's difficult to fully investigate any one scandal when there's always another one popping up. It's the journalistic equivalent of Wack-a-Mole.

Just got an alert saying Net Neutrality has been repealed.

Quote Originally Posted by WestPhillyPunisher View Post
    Just got an alert saying Net Neutrality has been repealed.
    And i got one that there was a bomb threat during the vote.