It's also worth noting that I didn't even post the link to that article(or point out that Dems need to address that issue soon).

Republicans seem dead set on the biggest transfer of wealth from the lower classes to the highest in recorded history.

But let's talk about why the Democrats suck.

Seems legit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    It's also worth noting that I didn't even post the link to that article(or point out that Dems need to address that issue soon).
    No -- you just keep bringing it up over and over again in an attempt to attack the Democratic party due to your own personal biases against said party.

Again, talk is cheap -- if you really cared about these issues that much, you would have voted.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Republicans seem dead set on the biggest transfer of wealth from the lower classes to the highest in recorded history.

But let's talk about why the Democrats suck.

Seems legit.
    If you Democrats are losing any element of their base, it potentially puts them in a worse spot to stop the exact sort of thing you are talking about.

But, yeah. Why would anyone wanna discuss that?

Quote Originally Posted by mojotastic View Post
    I just searched about that graph you just posted.

The graphic’s data uses data from the 2004 election rather than 2008, and the figures on taxes and spending date back to 2005 according to polifact.

I just google and i found this study from March of 2017 about the same subject.
    https://wallethub.com/edu/states-mos...vernment/2700/

Also i once read an article saying that democrats in the red states were the ones who were more on welfare than republicans but i cant find the article about it.
    One factor is that wealth is higher in many blue states than red states. Rich people would rather live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Trenton and New York City than in West Virginia. As we do have a progressive tax system states with more rich people are going to be taxed more.

There are some other historical factors that contribute to the differences, including the locations of military bases (lots of those in Alabama, Mississippi, and New Mexico.)

http://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research...-across-states
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    No -- you just keep bringing it up over and over again in an attempt to attack the Democratic party due to your own personal biases against said party.

Again -- if you really cared about these issues that much, you would have voted.
    I live in a state where I have voted for Democrats more times than I can count. I have voted for Dems on the Federal level.

But, yeah. Just keep looking for a vendetta that probably doesn't actually exist.

Ultimate Member

If you Democrats are losing any element of their base, it potentially puts them in a worse spot to stop the exact sort of thing you are talking about.

It already has been discussed -- Invisible Man made his feelings clear on the issue, Tami said she's trying to organize more outreach to said communities, and I pointed out that I feel that direct engagement is the best way to address said issue.

If anything, you're the one not "discussing" it -- instead you're just using "minority" issues as a means to attack the Democratic party as a whole, never mind the fact that many prominent Democrats are actually black women and would probably disagree with what both you -- and the writer of said article -- have to say about the issue in question.

A discussion should be just that -- a objective discussion of various viewpoints, and not just the one you feel serves your own goals.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-17-2017 at 10:32 PM.

1: I'm not a Democrat. I just vote for them in Elections.

2: Interesting turn of phrase coming from you. "You Democrats." Hhmm...

3: In case you missed it, Democrats have had huge wins lately. And are polling rather well. Am I concerned about what happens when Democrats retake power? Sure. But they need to retake that power first.

Ultimate Member

I live in a state where I have voted for Democrats more times than I can count. I have voted for Dems on the Federal level.
    But you didn't vote against the guy who discriminates against black people and brags about sexually assaulting women, which is the issue at hand right now.

Anyway, I should have known better than to even engage you on this matter -- it's just about as productive as not voting in a major election.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-17-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    1: I'm not a Democrat. I just vote for them in Elections.

2: Interesting turn of phrase coming from you. "You Democrats." Hhmm...

3: In case you missed it, Democrats have had huge wins lately. And are polling rather well. Am I concerned about what happens when Democrats retake power? Sure. But they need to retake that power first.
    "Which isn't going to happen unless Democrats deal with all the issues exactly like I want them to in exactly the way I want them to -- and even then I probably will still find something to cry about"

It already has been discussed -- Invisible Man made his feelings clear on the issue, Tami said she's trying to organize more outreach to said communities, and I pointed out that I feel that direct engagement is the best way to address said issue.

If anything, you're the one not "discussing" it -- instead you're just using "minority" issues as a means to attack the Democratic party as a whole, never mind the fact that many prominent Democrats are actually black women and would probably disagree with what both you -- and the writer of said article -- have to say about the issue in question.

A discussion should be just that -- a objective discussion of various viewpoints, and not just the one you feel serves your own goals.
    Kinda the whole point here.

On the one hand, you are talking in terms of a discussion.

On the other hand, you are saying they would disagree with the article's author. On what, exactly?

- That they told her to zip it when she brought up an issue she felt needed to be discussed?
    - That they said they would have to eighty-six her if she kept bringing it up?

That's no much of a discussion. It's also not really much of discussion to just say "Minority women in Congress would disagree."

If folks feel like that is about as far as addressing that sort of thing needs to go(or that some minority voters in Alabama felt like Dems only showed up when they needed a vote), their call.

However, that last Presidential election wasn't exactly lost in a landslide. It's worth keeping that fact in mind before you decide how many voters you can afford to lose over that sort of thing(or an issue, really). I don't think WPP linked to that article because he felt like it didn't really have anything to say. At the very least, it's worth taking into consideration that you have folks who feel that way even in the current political climate.

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    "Which isn't going to happen unless Democrats deal with all the issues exactly like I want them to in exactly the way I want them to -- and even then I probably will still find something to cry about"
    Again...

If I had penned that article(or been the voters who in Alabama who said it felt like Dems were just hitting them up for a vote), you'd have a point.

As it stands, I'm not. Dems might be in a spot to burn through a few votes going into next year. That doesn't make it a smart play.

Ultimate Member

Kinda the whole point here.

On the one hand, you are talking in terms of a discussion.

On the other hand, you are saying they would disagree with the article's author. On what, exactly?
    So you don't care enough to do your own research into what the Democratic party has done for black women specifically, or to read what actual black female Democratic representatives might have to say on the matter... but you do care enough to argue about it on a message board with little to no personal knowledge of the subject at hand.

Ultimately, we both know that nothing you're saying here is going to really help the woman in that article -- especially if you're not voting accordingly -- but keep on going through the motions if it makes you feel better.

I'll just make sure to ignore your posts in the future, until I see you actually doing something more than just complaining.

In the meantime, here's a list for you to do your own research -- maybe you can devote as much time to examining all of the Democrats on that list (and their corresponding legislation) as you do criticizing the party as a whole, but I'm not holding my breath.

http://history.house.gov/Exhibitions...r-in-Congress/

(Edit: It's telling that on the above list of 67 women, only 5 of them are Republican.)
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-17-2017 at 11:37 PM.

Ultimately, we both know that nothing you're saying here is going to really help the woman in that article -- especially if you're not voting accordingly -- but keep on going through the motions if it makes you feel better.
    Woman says "I am leaving this party because they have said, rather clearly, that they are not going to address my interests."

Man tells another man to vote accordingly(I'd assume for the party she's leaving) in order to try to help this woman out.

Something there does not add up.

Ultimate Member

Woman says "I am leaving this party because they have said, rather clearly, that they are not going to address my interests."

Man tells another man to vote accordingly(I'd assume for the party she's leaving) in order to try to help this woman out.

Something there does not add up.
    I didn't tell you to do anything Thirty because I know that's a waste of time (kind of like suggesting you actually research black Democratic congresswomen instead of just seeing things from a biased perspective) -- conversely, people here have already REPEATEDLY pointed out that the Democrats need to work on their outreach to these communities, so you're not bringing anything new to the "discussion" in that respect.

I just stated what you already did -- or rather didn't do -- which was vote against the guy who discriminates against black people and brags about sexual assault.

Anyway, this is (still) a complete waste of my time at this point -- later.
    Last edited by aja_christopher; 12-17-2017 at 11:42 PM.