Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    With only a 1.7% win, you have a point. But still Black Democrats got him close, and Republican Crossover pushed the edge. However Democrats need to realize if it wasn't for the black vote, those Republican votes would have meant nothing.
    Along with that there is absolutely no way to predict just how much of what came together in that elections might repeat itself next time around. If Jones isn't much of break from what it seems he might be, putting together the same sort of Democratic support together next time out could be an issue.

On this whole Doug Jones thing: As long as he doesn't vote with R's more than once in a blue moon then he's still better than having Roy Moore in office. As I've said before, I'll take a Manchin over Cruz any day.

Since HRC came up...

Tim Tuten(Co-Owner of Chicago bar/venue The Hideout/Director Of Special Projects In The Department Of Educations during The Obama Administration) was on public radio here in Illinois on Wednesday.

A pro-Trump caller called in to bang up trying to point out that HRC won the popular vote. Setting aside where everyone comes down on that, Tim went on to point out that he was actually part of the ground effort during the Clinton general election run. His take was that they had completely flubbed it. While they got in the bus and canvassed Iowa multiple times, he said they never went to Michigan or Wisconsin. At one point, he said that he asked why they weren't making the one hour ride to Wisconsin to canvas. According to him, the reply was that Wisconsin was not an issue.

It's still kind of shock that they were actually that out of touch.

So, shall we make a drinking game where everyone takes a shot when #30 slams HRC? I know between this game and WBE's regular ration of Brain-Help-Juice he'd probably kill himself, but the rest of us will just get as sloshed as Schlegel.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Same, god willing the talent there fight against them whole hog. If not it's 820 and 780 for me ALL the time then.
    Yeah, I may switch there. Or just try out the Sirius channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    So, shall we make a drinking game where everyone takes a shot when #30 slams HRC? I know between this game and WBE's regular ration of Brain-Help-Juice he'd probably kill himself, but the rest of us will just get as sloshed as Schlegel.
    Unless Tim is now my minion, I didn't even orchestrate that "Slam"(which honestly, blows Tim's pointing out a campaign stumble out of proportion).

There's still no irony in bitching about Hillary giving speeches to Wall Street Execs, while never griping about how Trump filled his Cabinet with ex Wall Street execs and Congressional Republicans tried to repeal Dodd-Frank.

It's like there's the overwhelming stench of hypocrisy permeating the thread when that happens, or something.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    There's still no irony in bitching about Hillary giving speeches to Wall Street Execs, while never griping about how Trump filled his Cabinet with ex Wall Street execs and Congressional Republicans tried to repeal Dodd-Frank.

It's like there's the overwhelming stench of hypocrisy permeating the thread when that happens, or something.
    Which they may never have been in a position to do if those Wall Street paid speeches never took place.

I see, we make no notice that the GOP ran the most corrupt, vile person to run in at least a century and keep harping on the Dem candidate was not pure and perfect. Nothing Trump did or said should be compared to any misstep by Clinton. I got it now.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

On this whole Doug Jones thing: As long as he doesn't vote with R's more than once in a blue moon then he's still better than having Roy Moore in office. As I've said before, I'll take a Manchin over Cruz any day.
    A jar filled with hissing cockroaches would be better than Roy Moore or Ted Cruz.
    I want to see how Jones votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    I see, we make no notice that the GOP ran the most corrupt, vile person to run in at least a century and keep harping on the Dem candidate was not pure and perfect. Nothing Trump did or said should be compared to any misstep by Clinton. I got it now.
    If you really have some overwhelming urge for me to be one more person pointing out the obvious, I guess I could. To me, it seems like stowing that to discuss how not to wind up doing it again is a more worthwhile use of time. Folks like to talk in terms of "Blame" and "Enabled". Whether you want to face it or not, it was a close enough race that Clinton's missteps absolutely put Trump in a position to be able to pull out a win. If you'd like to discuss the missteps of the idiot who stumbled into a win, I suppose I could be one more voice to point those out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    A jar filled with hissing cockroaches would be better than Roy Moore or Ted Cruz.
    I want to see how Jones votes.
    One person's opinion...

If you have a person who lobbies for an opioid manufacturer with an incredibly high position in your 2018 re-election effort while you talk about opioids the way Manchin does, you're getting there.

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    If you really have some overwhelming urge for me to be one more person pointing out the obvious, I guess I could. To me, it seems like stowing that to discuss how not to wind up doing it again is a more worthwhile use of time. Folks like to talk in terms of "Blame" and "Enabled". Whether you want to face it or not, it was a close enough race that Clinton's missteps absolutely put Trump in a position to be able to pull out a win. If you'd like to discuss the missteps of the idiot who stumbled into a win, I suppose I could be one more voice to point those out as well.
    I'd settle for you admitting it was stupid of you to tell everyone on the internet that it was pointless to bother voting, and propagating the apathy that helped that idiot stumble his wa into a win. But it's been 13 months, and you're still prattling on about how awful Clinton was, then failing to criticize Trump. So I doubt I'll be getting such a thing for Christmas, or at any other point.
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

This one was sort of lost(understandably) in larger goings on this week. Keep in mind that the young man killed was shot by this officer sixteen times -

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...219-story.html

Defense alleges Officer Van Dyke's prosecution motivated by media, political pressure

Quote Originally Posted by worstblogever View Post
    I'd settle for you admitting it was stupid of you to tell everyone on the internet that it was pointless to bother voting, and propagating the apathy that helped that idiot stumble his wa into a win. But it's been 13 months, and you're still prattling on about how awful Clinton was, then failing to criticize Trump. So I doubt I'll be getting such a thing for Christmas, or at any other point.
    Since I never did(and in fact went way out of my way to point out that HRC being weak in a general needed to be addressed in order to pull out a win), that probably ain't gonna happen.

Let alone that you guys are nowhere near "Everyone On The Internet"...