Quote Originally Posted by PaulBullion View Post
    How has Ugur been punished?
    Perhaps I should have used the word "or" instead of "and" there. But let me slightly change the subject. If, say, in 2020, Al Franken were to run for President, would you be willing to vote for him? Or would it still be too soon?

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    Perhaps I should have used the word "or" instead of "and" there. But let me slightly change the subject. If, say, in 2020, Al Franken were to run for President, would you be willing to vote for him? Or would it still be too soon?
    Way too much of a hypothetical.

Unless it comes out that the charges against him were truly made up as part of a smear, and it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, it's just not gonna happen. Unless, maybe, if he runs as a Republican.

Because while it WAS a bit of smear by Roger Stone et al., they were able to do it because Franken had crossed lines in the past.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Not surprised to read Peggy Noonan joining up there. She had been on Morning Joe a lot lately

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I wouldn't

all the scumbags need to be rooted out

Ive walked this planet 38 years and managed to not harass, assault, or otherwise accost women - its not a hard task to be a decent human

Trump might be the most scummy individual to ever occupy the oval office who did not own slaves.

During a meeting in June, Trump, speaking about Haitians, said they “all have AIDS,” one person who attended the meeting told NYT. Of Nigerians, Trump said once they’d seen the U.S., they’d never “go back to their huts” in Africa, recalled two officials.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/23/u...tion.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually that's not what happened at all, he didn't destroy anything, that's a presidential coin that each president gets to make their own version of so that's Trump's presidential coin love it or hate it but it hasn't changed the actual seal of anything beyond the coin and the latin motto is still there like it always was...
    Maybe the confusion is caused by the design being changed from a coin to a seal?

Trump might be the most scummy individual to ever occupy the oval office who did not own slaves.

The guy who started his campaign saying Mexicans are rapists is a racist?! Who could have possibly known?!

Maybe the confusion is caused by the design being changed from a coin to a seal?
    You mean you don't wrap all your coins in gold ribbons with your name on it? Peasant.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JCAll View Post
    You mean you don't wrap all your coins in gold ribbons with your name on it? Peasant.
    Reminding me way to much of French nobles who got their head lopped off with that coin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    The guy who started his campaign saying Mexicans are rapists is a racist?! Who could have possibly known?!
    people being surprised or shocked or saddened at this is naive at best

THIS is what he campaigned on, his supporters see this as him "telling it like it is"

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    people being surprised or shocked or saddened at this is naive at best

THIS is what he campaigned on, his supporters see this as him "telling it like it is"
    It's a fine line between "being surprised by it" and "not becoming numb to it."

BANNED

It's a fine line between "being surprised by it" and "not becoming numb to it."
    as a minority, I am numb as WHITE people have been talking like this my whole damn life

I can still react to it, but its not surprising or shocking or making me clutch my pearls

Way too much of a hypothetical.

Unless it comes out that the charges against him were truly made up as part of a smear, and it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, it's just not gonna happen. Unless, maybe, if he runs as a Republican.

Because while it WAS a bit of smear by Roger Stone et al., they were able to do it because Franken had crossed lines in the past.
    There's a bit of a fine line between "he's probably guilty on the basis of available evidence" and "he's guilty unless he or someone else can prove the guy innocent."

I still say Woodrow Wilson is a solid contender for that dishonor.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    I wouldn't

all the scumbags need to be rooted out

Ive walked this planet 38 years and managed to not harass, assault, or otherwise accost women - its not a hard task to be a decent human
    I’ll be 59 in 20 days, and I was also taught to respect women and not treat them like things, or worse. Clearly these shitstains are anything but respectful.

I read about this online an hour ago. Is there any race Dolt45 hasn’t insulted?
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!